Author Topic: Fantasy League Open  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Fantasy League Open
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »
I have set up a fantasy b-ball league on Yahoo.  This league is a follow-up to the league we played on Philaphans last year, but the limited number of hardcore b-ball posters over there is limited.  I am opening up the league to people on here that want to join, but aren't posters/fans of the Philaphans site.  Below is the invite for people to sign up that I posted on Philaphans:

The URL for the new league is:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/13816

Password to join:

Erving6

Right now it is a 9 category head to head league. Rosters are slimmed down a little from last year with 12 players on the roster, including 3 bench spots (last year we had 14 roster sposts including 4 bench players). I currently have the league set up for 12 teams, although we could go up to 14 like last year if needed. There is a live draft preliminarily set for Thursday october 16 @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. Autodraft is available if you can't or don't want to make the live draft. The date and time of the draft is subject to change as people start joining the league and I get some feed back.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Fantasy League Open
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:50:43 AM »
The league number is 13816.  Three or four people signed up as of now, plenty of spots still open.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Still looking for 4 more teams.  If anyone wants to sign up and has trouble, send me a pm with your Yahoo email address and I will send you a league invite.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »
I'm in.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
I'm in if there's still room.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
I'm in if there's still room.

Not sure if you joined yet, but there is one open spot right now in the field of twelve.  I can definitely see going up to 14 if we have enough interest, especially since I shortened up the roster size a little from last year so that we are not scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out our teams.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 12:17:41 AM »
The twelve original spots are full.  I opened the league up to add two more spots and sent out invites to two possibly interested players from last year's league.  If any of those spots go unused i will open them up for everyone else.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
I'm interested if a spot opens up. 

Sorry, haven't checked the board for a while.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
The league is filled up as of now.  Throw a post on the PhilaPhans site and see if anyone might not be as interesed as they thought they were.  We had one guy drop out early last year and a couple who basically quit playing after a while.  Sorry tk, I was hoping you were already in.  Some of the posters on PhilaPhans were actually asking where you were in a thread earlier this week.  Must be nice to be so popular.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:49 AM »
No problem.  I'm already in the realgm league, and I don't want to only be in leagues where sixers are overvalued.

Look forward to the season, but for now have been enjoying PSU and the Eagles (although I don't post about them.)  Also, busy being a nerd and reading up on how to geek out my new cellphone (no its not an IPhone.)

Have you been following Fagan's Philly Inq Sixers blog (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer)?

She has been going overboard with daily chats, video blogs and super in depth breakdowns of every scrimmage and practice.  Up to this point I really have only enjoyed reading Tom Moore's Sixers coverage, but its great to have a new reporter who really is trying to cover every minutiae and answer every readers question.  Its like having TGP working for the paper.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »
Fagan is very enthusiastic, but I am still waiting to see how good her analysis is.  Her earliest "Deep Sixer" entries were a little scattered.  She does not sound like a team mouthpiece the way Narducci did at least.  She may grow on me.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 06:24:54 PM »
I don't know about the analysis yet (and she has yet to be critical about anyone) but the level of detail is a big improvement from other sources with the exception of post game live (but whose analysts put me too sleep.)

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
Skates, I may not be able to stay in the league. Can you find a replacement? Let me know. Thanks

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »
Skates, I may not be able to stay in the league. Can you find a replacement? Let me know. Thanks

tk, sounds like an opening, are you still interested?  If you have a schedule conflict part of the time Sixers Hoops, you might also find a co-GM.  Let me know what you guys decide.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:23:51 PM »
I'll give Sub 1st dibs if he is not already in the league (and I think other asked at philaphans before me.)  If you do need someone I certainly am willing, but since I'm already in the realgm league I'm good either way.