Author Topic: speaking of foods, let's talk "'hood" snacks...  (Read 3439 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: speaking of foods, let's talk "'hood" snacks...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
To play this 'hood food game, I can't in my own neighborhood, but let me tell of my favorite from that "hood" town, New Orleans.

Vernell's beer -oyster shooters at the Crescent City Brew Pub on Decatur. You have to asked for them and they are guaranteed to do two things -burn the bejesus out of your ear canals and create instant conversation with everyone else at the bar. Not a menu item - you have to catch him when his boss is not around and just tip him a couple of bucks for the treats. I normally just put some money on the bar and tell him to get me as many as that will buy.

Oh crap!  Cali folk are snobs!  Oyster is to hood what the Kings are to championship basketball!  :D

...and proud of it. I have my sushi tats going and use my index and little finger to give the "sign" to my bar bro for another round of Dos Equis.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee