Author Topic: Off to Vegas  (Read 10535 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Off to Vegas
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
And that post right there is why most of America dislikes Californians :)

That post right there is why dislike the ignorant.  ::)  I think an "I know you are but what am I?" would have come off much better pendejo!.  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »
Chicago, that's the sixth windiest city in america, right?

Birthplace of Bugogi....

???  Bugogi is a Korean dish.  I think it's their version of arroz con pollo to us coconuts, or a burger and fries to white trash America.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »
I love that california snobbery has its own internal snobbery, LA snobbery is the laughable of all snobberies as it's possible the most fake of all cities in the United States.

Snobbery because I think we have better Mexican food and Asian food?  LOL, can you stop and think before you speak/post?  I get the "checkers player" mentality vibe from you.  Like wk stated, you don't see me challenging Texas's anyting-beef superiority or NY/Chitown pizza dominance?  I love BBQ and it's hard to find anything comporable in LA to stuff I've had in KC and Texas.

Do you think somehow the large amounts of people who cross the border into California stop at Los Angeles?  Do you think Santa Barbara is some other universe from Los Angeles?

Santa Barbara is pretty close to another universe to LA.  I worked there for a couple of years, also Ventura, heck you only have to drive a few miles to see another universe.  Oxnard is another universe IMO.  Apart from SOME cities in Mexico, there are more Mexican and their decendants in LA than any other place I've ever seen or heard of, so yes I do think large amounts of immigrants stop AND stay.

I suppose it could be asked how someone from LA could talk about Mexican food because really, only people from San Diego/Baja would know good Mexican food.

LOL, SD and Baja ARE the last people to talk about Mexican food cause they are as close to a Taco Bell level of knowledge as I can think of on THIS coast.  You'd have to goto the midwest to find worse Mexican food than SD/Baja.  But I wouldn't expect someone as sheltred and inexperienced as you to understand that. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »

Well, growing up in the Midwest was interesting but I don't recall any hurricanes.  I think it has something to do with no oceans.

;)

Tell that to the people of Chicago who just had to be evacuated due to the remnants of Ike.

Remnants...did it have hurricane force winds?  If not then it wasn't a hurricane.

Supposedly, it had been downgraded from hurricane status once it hit Texas, though the damage left still looked hurricane worthy. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 07:11:23 PM »

Birthplace of Bugogi....

???  Bugogi is a Korean dish.  I think it's their version of arroz con pollo to us coconuts, or a burger and fries to white trash America.

that was the joke old man! 

geeez.

:P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 09:57:06 PM »

Birthplace of Bugogi....

geeez.

So was you NOT being able to finish a hamburger built for 4 by yourself!  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 06:58:02 AM »

Well, growing up in the Midwest was interesting but I don't recall any hurricanes.  I think it has something to do with no oceans.

;)

Tell that to the people of Chicago who just had to be evacuated due to the remnants of Ike.

Remnants...did it have hurricane force winds?  If not then it wasn't a hurricane.

Supposedly, it had been downgraded from hurricane status once it hit Texas, though the damage left still looked hurricane worthy. 

Tornado damage can look hurricane worthy.  Stong winds and heavy rain happened at least annually.  But hurricanes are defined by wind speed around a center of low pressure and if the winds/pressure don't meet the minimum then it is not a hurricane.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Birthplace of Bugogi....

geeez.

So was you NOT being able to finish a hamburger built for 4 by yourself!  :D

There is no shame in not being able to finish that thing, I usually eat a quarter of it and take the rest home.  The funny thing is the burgers actually were bigger when the place was under a different name.  The previous owner died and someone on his staff bought the place.  They are still a good size though..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »
Just got back from San Francisco earlier this week, and had a chance to try an In and Out burger for the first time.  Not bad at all.  Very good, in fact, but not as good (IMO) as Steak N Shake's steakburger here in the Midwest.  SNS's is my favorite fast food burger, but I can see why everybody talks about In and Out.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
They just opened three or four In N Outs in Utah within a week or two. They are doing unbelievable amounts of business.

Haven't been to the UT version, but the one in San Fran and the one in Vegas were pretty good. There's a Greek-run chain here in Utah (Apollo Burger), but as far as chains go, In N Out is right up there.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
Yes, glad they hit Utah!  It's always nice to have an In N Out in other states so if all else fails food wise, you hit the spot you know.

Have you guys had '5 Guys Burgers' yet?  They have them on the Eastcoast and have one in Southern California.  Not sure if they are scattered all over.  People say thats the Eastcoast version of In N Out.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 12:16:54 AM »
I've had 5 Guys burgers.  VERY GOOD BURGERS.  You can have them put jalapenos on them, mix in some barbeque sauce, and it really works in combination.

What I need to clue you in on at 5 Guys, though, is their cajun fries.  Very underrated.

As for Caleb talking Steak-and-Shake burgers, I must conclude that the Minnesota weather has frozen his brain.  Those are barely worth mentioning, as Fuddrucker's has far, far better burgers as a chain.  In fact, Steak-and-Shake ranks solidly behind Burger King and Dairy Queen, and that's just in terms of fast food.  I'd also say Hooters, TGI Friday's, and D. Rowe's also out-pace Steak-And-Shake.  If I'm going to include St. Louis places, the one sports bar near Caleb's old place that we always go to, and Red Robin also get extremely better-than-Steak-and-Shake marks.  Hardee's Monster Burger usually will, as well.

Can't forget KK's Moo Burgers at any of the Carfax cook-outs.  Excellent burgers.

The place you took me to in Minnesota also finishes FAR ahead of Steak-and-Shake.

Steak-and-Shake burgers are NOTHING SPECIAL WHATSOEVER.  Very mediocre, very ordinary.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!