Author Topic: Seems like old times  (Read 9990 times)

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 02:44:54 AM »
Dude!! Where the heck have you been and who turned you on to Dabods private board! It is good to see you, you remember me, the full of himself thought he was the conscience of the old MSNBC board? And WOW is right, it was North Philly who played the submarine role, only surfaced when the Sixers were winning, who was that other Sixers fan? The one that absolutely hated my guts, anyone remember? The cat who loved to hit women and generally behave like a typical philadelphian ;)?  Of course no one in their right mind misses Sassy, but I am still disturbed that we never heard from LolaMS after 9-11, I fear something tragic happened to her on that day. And of course, we all miss LakerGirl, she and Sassy were such good friends. And what board would be complete without the insightful musings of Lee, Lee O Lee where are you when we need you?

Don't be a stranger Kenneth, since Derek redid the board, we are picking up some good posters, you always were pretty good on MSNBC (sound of sucking up heard right about now)
Dude!! Where the heck have you been and who turned you on to Dabods private board

Daboods did sometime ago.  Then my computer crashed and I lost the site addy. I had given the link to Xman (remember him) and I asked him recently if he had it.

you remember me, the full of himself thought he was the conscience of the old MSNBC board? And WOW is right, it was North Philly who played the submarine role, only surfaced when the Sixers were winning,

I sure do remember you.  I also remember the long protracted fight you had with another fan who was using your moniker....remember? man you were pissed.  

Of course no one in their right mind misses Sassy, but I am still disturbed that we never heard from LolaMS after 9-11, I fear something tragic happened to her on that day.

I remember lolaMS and have the scars to prove it. Don't worry about her.  Jet Airplanes, Terrorists and Osam Bin~Laden are childs play for her.

And of course, we all miss LakerGirl, she and Sassy were such good friends. And what board would be complete without the insightful musings of Lee, Lee O Lee where are you when we need you?

Lakergirl was quality...oh my god I forgot about Lee  :lol: that guy must have hated me so much.  I used to call him Jim Ignakowski (from the show Taxi.)

Dang and I miss Blazermania also.  His fights/debates with TrueLaker (Bwahahahahahaha) were legendary.

I'll be around look forward to some quality hoops talk

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Seems like old times
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 02:57:49 AM »
Yeah but who was that Sixers fan that followed us over to Dabods first site and him and I just got into it everytime we posted? I can't think of his name!
North Philly was a good guy, just too much of a fair weather fan.

I'm trying to think of the name of the guy you're talking about.

EDIT: Was it Rickotreat?  Or was it his brother?  I remeber there were a couple of guys who shared a computer.  There was also a poster who's little brother or nephew got on the computer and spouted a bunch of garbage on the board.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen westkoast or Rolando around for a while.  Wonder if they lost the links.

I've got westkoast's addy but not Ro's.

EDIT II:
The addy I have for westkoast is invalid.  Can you contact him dabods?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 03:08:10 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 09:11:17 AM »
What ever happened to that Voice in the Wilderness, Medevenko's Dad, Genghis and Rolando Blackman?? :unsure:  
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Seems like old times
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
No, it wasn't Rick, although we did go at it a couple of times, it was some cat who did the drama queen thing and walked away from the board. I forgot about Blazermania, that cat was trip! I betcha anything RB and Westkoast lost track of the URL with the server switchover, There is no re0direct on the other site, I only found this place because JoMal and Dabods told me in an email
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 10:19:15 AM »
sup kenneth?  long time no see.  yeah where is RB.............................and dare i say the drabble of the old MSNBC board?   BBALLPRO?????   :ph34r:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

A Voice in the Wilderness

Seems like old times
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 11:01:36 AM »
Kenneth is back!  Another  #%$&#%$#& Laker fan.  No wonder I felt such a profound shift in the cosmic energy fields.  The resource drain to fight this imbalance is frightening.  Must...keep...fighting...the ....evil....purple....darkness

Seems like old times
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 12:24:43 PM »
Dunno how it would be tough to find.  There's a post on the old board (the EZBoard), which has this link.  And the old forum location (phillyarena.net/forum) is redirected to here.  There's really no link where it wouldn't find this place.

oops, this is me (dbodner)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:25:18 PM by dbodner »

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 12:24:48 PM »
You must make the distinction that it's not all purple; it's only that dreaded purple and gold. Purple and black is just fine  ;)  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 12:25:52 PM »
Dan, you're not talking about Dennis are you? You two definitely did not get along, and he did pull the drama queen thing on you . . . of course he was just following someone else's lead *snicker*. But I remember him as a Bulls fan. Am I wrong?

I can't think of another Philly fan. Let's see. JW, Rickortreat, Dabods . . . North Philly . . . who else was there?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Seems like old times
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 01:01:23 PM »
THAT'S THE GUY!!! Thanks Ted, I was thinking he was a Sixers fan, but Bulls or Sixers, the fans are the same, child marrying polymamists or drinken brawlers, or maybe even both!  :D  
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Seems like old times
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 01:09:58 PM »
THAT'S THE GUY!!! Thanks Ted, I was thinking he was a Sixers fan, but Bulls or Sixers, the fans are the same, child marrying polymamists or drinken brawlers, or maybe even both!  :D
I guess the two messages where I asked for his contact info this week didn't jog your memory?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 01:45:58 PM »
Hey, Kenneth

Long time no see -- glad you could make it back to this board.  Restore a little order to the universe (which scientists have finally concluded is purple and gold).  

Hope you stick around -- at least long enough to tell all these non-believers "told you so" when the Lakers win another title!v :lol:  

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 03:15:02 PM »
Hey, Kenneth

Long time no see -- glad you could make it back to this board.  Restore a little order to the universe (which scientists have finally concluded is purple and gold).  

Hope you stick around -- at least long enough to tell all these non-believers "told you so" when the Lakers win another title!v :lol:
Hi Randy.  

They better learn to start playing some defense or forget it.  Last night was a utterly pathetic effort. Houston shooting 55% from the filed?  :lol:  I know they were coming off a very long road trip and it was a back 2 back to boot. But still, the defense hasen't been there all year long. I am still waiting for Phil to do something about it. I mean, he is sitting there watching this pathetic defense.  DO SOMETHING!!!  

On the plus side when Karl gets back this will be one of the deepest Laker teams in recent memories.  Joel Myers stated on Lakers reloaded this morning that Karl is progressing much faster then expected.  So thats good news.

Now if we can trade Medavenko I will be a happy man.

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 03:21:16 PM »
Kenneth is back!  Another  #%$&#%$#& Laker fan.  No wonder I felt such a profound shift in the cosmic energy fields.  The resource drain to fight this imbalance is frightening.  Must...keep...fighting...the ....evil....purple....darkness
Kenneth is back!  Another  #%$&#%$#& Laker fan.  No wonder I felt such a profound shift in the cosmic energy fields.  The resource drain to fight this imbalance is frightening.  Must...keep...fighting...the ....evil....purple....darkness

Hey voice....yes another Demon from the evil empire has arrived......

at the way there playing I wouldn't worry tho.

At least for now  ;)  

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Seems like old times
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
They better learn to start playing some defense or forget it.  Last night was a utterly pathetic effort. Houston shooting 55% from the filed?  :lol:  I know they were coming off a very long road trip and it was a back 2 back to boot. But still, the defense hasen't been there all year long. I am still waiting for Phil to do something about it. I mean, he is sitting there watching this pathetic defense.  DO SOMETHING!!!  

I'm sure Phil was communicating telepathically.  :lol:  It's the players' faults for not tuning in to Phil's mental communications.