Author Topic: Survival football week 2  (Read 6943 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Survival football week 2
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 09:54:19 AM »
Can't believe The Jets played so poorly
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »
Oakland game, McFadden was the real deal, but the guy who was really impressive was Michael Bush. Coming back from a severely broken leg in college, he is a powerful runner and Oakland looks like they might be good in the running game. Elsewhere.....??

Nice of "Mr. Davis" to leak that he plans to fire Lane Kifkin this week. Way to send his latest choice of coach out the door on a high note.

"Mr. Davis" overspends on dog talent, prevents his head coach from making his own personnel decisions, then ties his hands by undermining his authority by going into backstabbing mode with the assistent coaches - all of whom tend to suck and whom he refuses to blame. Then the first sign that the head coach exhibits that he has a mind of his own, he puts a letter of resignation on his desk. You see, if the coach resigns, "Mr. Davis" does not have to pay him the balance on the coaches contract. He made that mistake when he fired Mike Shanahan, who had to sue "Mr. Davis" to get his back wages, which just happen THIS year. Shanahan donated the money to charity. Oddly, Shanahan has had some success as a head coach in Denver. It seems his innovative approach to "MODERN" style football was correct. "Mr. Davis" thought Shanahan was sooooo naive about how to coach NFL football, he politely told Mike what to do. For some reason, Mike thought that was cute, but maybe in today's "MODERN" NFL, that antiquated approach would be hard to maintain. So "Mr. Davis" fired Shanahan, sure that the brash young boy would fail to get another job after a "Genius" like "Mr. Davis" showed him the door, so would not have to pay him. "Mr. Davis", who fought tooth and nail not to pay Shanahan, lost in court every time and had to pay the court costs as well just becuz the judges thought "Mr. Davis" deserved to pay them.

I can understand when a young coach jumps at the chance to be a head coach and takes that job, but why on earth would anyone who has been around the NFL long enough and has decent coaching chops and knows how a good organization operates ever consider working as another sycophant for "Mr. Davis".

Oh....right.......none of them ever do.

BTW, you can always tell who the sycophants are around "Mr. Davis", because they all call him "Mr. Davis", never Al.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 02:44:32 PM »
The reasoning goes that there's only a limited amount of NFL jobs, and if you get a head coaching offer (even the raiders) and turn it down, you might not get another.  I don't know if it's specious (sp?) reasoning or not, but that's the argument I've heard perpetuated on various media outlets over time.

Davis needs to shut up and get out of the way, he's an embarassment, to the 'legacy' of the raiders and the NFL...at least when the raiders were competetive he was 'eccentric' but now that they stink and are going nowhere fast....

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
The reasoning goes that there's only a limited amount of NFL jobs, and if you get a head coaching offer (even the raiders) and turn it down, you might not get another.  I don't know if it's specious (sp?) reasoning or not, but that's the argument I've heard perpetuated on various media outlets over time.

Davis needs to shut up and get out of the way, he's an embarassment, to the 'legacy' of the raiders and the NFL...at least when the raiders were competetive he was 'eccentric' but now that they stink and are going nowhere fast....

I rather not be a head coach then be a head coach for the Raiders.  What's funny is everything Kifkin said is true.  There is no GM, Davis thinks he knows everything, and it's been that way forever.  This is not the first time a head coach has said this about the Raiders.  Though the biggest idiot is easily the guy that Davis had make a public statement.  What a brown nosing idiot that guy is.  This has been going on FOREVER.  This is no secret to Raiders fans or the rest of the NFL.  Yet this guy wanted to kiss Davis' culo to win points by trying to denounce what the head coach was saying.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 06:41:14 PM »

Well, considering the extensive and growing list of potential Raider coaches who actually HAVE turned the job down, that arguement apparently does not matter to any of them.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
Wow...didn't expect it to go this poorly for the eagles early

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »
And i didn't expect it to go that poorly for the Eagles late.  Sucky last series.

jemagee by the hair of his chiny chin chin.  But you went out on a limb and won, so props.
Jomal
Skandery
Reality

SUN, SEP 21 TIME 
Kansas City at Atlanta 1:00 PM CBS Georgia Dome
Oakland at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS Ralph Wilson Stadium
Tampa Bay at Chicago 1:00 PM FOX Soldier Field
Houston at Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS LP Field
Carolina at Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX Metrodome
Miami at New England 1:00 PM CBS Gillette Stadium
Cincinnati at NY Giants 1:00 PM CBS Giants Stadium
Arizona at Washington 1:00 PM FOX FedEx Field
Detroit at San Francisco 4:05 PM FOX Candlestick Park
St. Louis at Seattle 4:05 PM FOX Qwest Field
New Orleans at Denver 4:05 PM FOX Mile High Stadium
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia 4:15 PM CBS Lincoln Financial Field
Jacksonville at Indianapolis 4:15 PM CBS Lucas Oil Stadium
Cleveland at Baltimore 4:15 PM CBS M&T Bank Stadium
Dallas at Green Bay 8:15 PM NBC Lambeau Field
MON, SEP 22 TIME (ET) TV
NY Jets at San Diego 8:30 PM ESPN

Reality New England
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:23:40 AM by Reality »

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »
Buffalo

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »
Nice of "Mr. Davis" to leak that he plans to fire Lane Kifkin this week. Way to send his latest choice of coach out the door on a high note.
picture is worth a thousand words?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3591734

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
Jomal and Skandery you are about to be eliminated by default. 
The early games have started.  If you log on Sunday, pick one of the afternoon games.  Otherwise there is always the Monday night game.  ;)  Pick the Chargers.

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »
Seriously, what's going on with the bills today

Phew
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:25:19 PM by jemagee »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
 :D :D looks like you are going to be the winner unless 'Mal or Skandery get the MNF right.  What happened to the Raiders at the end?  Please tell me there was not some bogus call by the Raider Hatin NFL.

Am i stunned the Dolphins beat New England in Boston?  No.  Am i stunned by not only the final score but the fact that the Fish dominated them all 4 qtrs?  Yes, very much so.

NYG over Cinci in OT.  Final drive the Giants reciever catches the game winning field goal (set up) on the sidelines but looks very iffy as to whether or not he gets 2nd foot down in bounds.  Idiotic NFL rule is "only refs can call for replay in last 2 minutes and OT", right?  I got distracted.  Did the lame zebras even bother to review this?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »
Winner of the 2008 PhillyArena Forums Survival Championship,

jemagee.  Please do continue so we can see how far you make it.

Reality 1-1
Jomaldery 1-1

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »
I'll go with Jacksonville Hosting Houston this week

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 03:46:58 PM »
Got lucky in Overtime, didn't see the game, but WTH Jacksonville?

Some embarassing games early

and oh yeah, the mets are about to choke away a playoff appearance, again, and it's a marvelous joy to watch.

but why the HELL does Harold Reynolds still have a job?