Author Topic: OT - I lie, cheat, and steal a lot less than the "other" guy.  (Read 9740 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - I lie, cheat, and steal a lot less than the "other" guy.
« on: September 09, 2008, 10:22:23 AM »
I've been reading about Palin's "reforms" and how she took on the "good old boys".  First off, she is a religious NUT.  She thinks being in Iraq is God's plan.  She asked people to pray for an oil/gas pipeline because it is part of God's plan.  I can NOT believe this is 2008 and this nutcase is running for VP.

Also she did support the "bridge to nowhere" project until it was made fun of in public and cancelled by congress anyway.  I think they are still spending 200K for the road that leads up to the "bridge to nowhere" that is not going to be built so why are they still spending money on the road? 

I've also read that her kids, husband and other relatives are charging the state for expenses related to travel and other things.  How interesting that the people most qualified to do "research" on the Palins' behalf just happened to be her husband, sister and sister?s husband.  She charges a per diem to work from home, something that got a former Gov employee of Alaska fired.

This all sucks because we seem to be in for more of the same with the next administration.  I have read that McCain's voting record is 90% in line with Bush's policies.  I like McCain, I respect what he's gone through but I'm getting the impression he is not very smart and he's just going to be another puppet for the current regime.

The democratic ticket does not look all that good either but I haven't researched them as much.  There is an excellent website for researching voting records of various "public servants".  www.votesmart.org
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - I lie, cheat, and steal a lot less than the "other" guy.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
I love how they are continuing to say that she was against the bridge to nowhere when they actually have her, on record, as saying that she didn't think those people were 'nowhere'.  Even though it's been proven that she did not initially oppose it but actually supported it, the republicans are saying the democrats are making things up.  Yet I didn't even hear it from Dem's first.  I actually heard it on KFI on the way home last week. 

The more and more I see/hear of Palin the less and less I care about her. My problem with republicans is they let Christianity play too big of a role in what they do.  Palin is a perfect example of that.  I'm not bashing Christians by any means.  Especially not the ones here on the board.  The truth of the matter is there are MILLIONS of people in this country who are not Christian.  I personally don't find it OKAY to have your church/religion influence decisions for people who don't believe in the same things you do. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:18 AM »
The old axiom about separating Church and State is a thing of the past now. Every candidate is judged based on not only on how religious they are and how often they mention God in their speeches, but whether or not they belong to the "right" religious affiliation. 

Beyond that, we should be very concerned about what the McCain campaign is doing. No matter what the media says or what new little tidbit about Palin comes out, the first thing out of their mouths is how the liberal press caters to the whims of these 'blatant Democratic Party' attacks. Often, they even preempt commentary from the other side long before anything is fully known about he new controversy. Then they accuse the Democrats of being unpatriotic because they stole a bunch of little American flags after the Democratic convention in Denver and said they had been thrown away.

From what I have heard about McCain, he is an extremely hot-tempered individual, holds a grudge (he has tried to get one Republican aide fired from three separate jobs on which she has worked for the party). will confront other senators with f-bombs if they dare to challenge his legislation, and worst of all, clearly will do, say, and accuse about anything to gain the only thing that matters to him - the presidency. Respect what he went through during the Vietnam War if you want, but if that is he only reason anyone has to vote for him, remember Mayor Rudi from New York and how referencing 9/11 every two minutes did for him.

He now plans to campaign WITH Palin instead of separately. Why? Oh, she is sooooo popular, so how else to remind the voters that HE picked her and don't forget she is on MY ticket.

Not that Obama is doing enough to impress me, but at the rate the Republicans are going, he is going to get blown out of his shoes before he realyzes he needs to step it up.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Not that Obama is doing enough to impress me, but at the rate the Republicans are going, he is going to get blown out of his shoes before he realyzes he needs to step it up.

You think camp Obama is going to get blown out?  I'm not sure if that is what you mean but if it's what I think you mean I agree.  It seems like team Obama is going to get "out coached" by the Republican party.  As you stated they know their target audience and how to play them in the media and with red herring issues.  It's funny how the Repubs talk about change and how bad things have gone in recent history, I keep pinching myself to wake up from this bizzaro campain.  Who the frak has been in the oval office the last eight years?  Who the frak has been running congress for a majority of that time as well? 

Does camp McCain not realize that?  Of course they do! The important thing the Reps realize is how to PLAY the American voters, they will have them convinced that the Demo's are the ones that need replacing so vote for "change", vote Republican.  LMAO!  I guess the Dems where in charge on 9/11, I guess the Demos failed to get Bin Laden, I guess the Demos lied to us and had the US invade Iraq, I guess the Demos gave away billions in no-bid contracts to "friends" of the administration and I guess the Demos spear headed the campain to run our economy into the toilet. 

In the end all that is NOT important, what is important and what will decide the election is wether or not we allow gay people to destroy this country by allowing them to enter into the CONTRACT of marriage.  Also we need to make sure women don't have the choice to a safe abortion.  We dont' want to end up in hell for voting for the wrong party either.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »
I guess the Demos failed to get Bin Laden . . .

You are correct, sir.

I guess the Demos spear headed the campain to run our economy into the toilet. 

Well, they were in charge of Congress during the last two years, which are the worst two years in a decade. I guess that means it's half their fault!  :o

We dont' want to end up in hell for voting for the wrong party either.

Indeed, we don't.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »
You are correct, sir.

That's right, I forgot that Bush handed the reigns over to the Demos when we went to war in Afganistan.  Excellent point Ted, I applaud your deep thinking on this.

Well, they were in charge of Congress during the last two years, which are the worst two years in a decade. I guess that means it's half their fault!  :o

1 year 9 months, and we have been having problems a lot longer than that Ted.  Again, excellent point.

Indeed, we don't.

Unfortunately this is not a joke.  People are told that church, including Palins cult, and people actually believe it.  The Reps count on it cause it won them the last election.  Again, excellent point Ted. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »
While I will probably vote for Obama over McCain I think he's the lesser qualified presidential candidate and have my own opinions as to what got him the nomination over being the most qualified (I don't think mrs clinton was overly qualified for the nomination either and think the fact that those two became the 'frontrunners' was an indication that the dems wanted to 'make a statement' rather than get the most qualified candidate).  Of the republicans I find mccain the 'least repugnant' (not saying much) of those who were the available options, but again, like i say, the best and brightest aren't going into politics these days.

I thought the Democrats were doing a fine job of handing the gifted horse back to the republican party until this whole Palin thing (yo John, maybe meet with your running mate, at least once, before naming them) and since I'm jewish, the whole religion thing means nothing to me presonally since you're all pretty much members of corrupted judaism (i keed i keed) and need to come back to the mother religion and we'd all get along better.

There was once a philadelphia mayoral election between wilison b goode and frank rizzo, and my sister referred to it as the evil of two lessers.

Personally, i think that's what most political elections have turned in to, both candidates are bloody awful, which one is less awful?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »

Don't buy into this Ted.  The Republicans were very much still in control.  Bush has repeatedly said he would veto any Democratic initiated legislation.  He has threatened to veto the spending bills that the Dems tried to pass.  And the only way to overcome a veto is to have a 60% majority in both houses.  The Dems do not have that majority in either house so they have to count on at least a few REPUBLICANS to support any legislation and make it veto proof.  Bush and the Republicans..INCLUDING MAVERICK McCAIN...have done nothing but throw up roadblocks for the past 2 years.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »
I guess the Demos failed to get Bin Laden . . .

You are correct, sir.

Hope you are kidding on this one, Ted. You MUST be smarter then that.

author=WayOutWest link=topic=4893.msg50557#msg50557 date=1220976995]

Ever wonder WHY they won back Congress, Ted? Was there something about the other six years that apparently eludes you? That convinced the majority of Americans to vote for anything NOT Republican in the last election? Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, that election that gave a Democratic majority to Congress had something to do with a huge vote of "no confidence" to the current administration?

And if it helps to make it simpler for you to understand, leave the lousy economy completely out of the equation.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
Oh WoW, you're so serious these days. Can't even take sarcasm. Since we're being serious . . .

1. I can't believe I actually have to post this link.  http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

2. The economy was in pretty good shape from 2004-2006. It tanked in the last two years. The data is there. Since it's standard operating procedure to blame those in power for the fluctuations of the economy, let's blame the people in power. Seems pretty reasonable.

3. I haven't heard anything about a cult. But, then again, I imagine you think I'm a member of a cult. I've heard about Palin being Pentecostal in her youth. But I haven't dug as deep. Pentecostals are fairly nutty and enthusiastic, but I wouldn't call them a cult. I've been to some other, perhaps more "WoW-approved," congregations that get pretty into it, too--baptists, evangelicals, etc. As far as I can tell, pentecostals are widely accepted by most of the mainstream Christian religions.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
This is what I don't understand, someone who is much smarter then myself please explain...

How the hell is John McCain a maverick?  Because he doesn't fully cater to the religious right?  I have not seen him do much that would make me think 'Wow this guy is really going against the grain in his party, this is nuts'  How is Palin a maverick?  She sounds EXACTLY like a right wing neo-con.  Down to the jesus command us to do it crap and everything....

What's funny is issues are going farther and farther away in this election.  Republicans are trying to play image games by copying the Dem's (powerful female, trying to say Maverick instead of "change").  The Dem's are spending too much time trying to point things out at this moment.  Less time saying McCain is 'more of the same' and spend more time explaining, in detail, how the CHANGE will take place.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »
Packaging, Spin, and PR...you'd be surprised what (stupid) people will believe if presented to them properly.

Remember, McCain was once so mad at the republicans he almost became a democrat....MAVERICK

Course he's not Mel Gibson, but still

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »

Not really sure how smart I am, especially compared to you. But I'm pretty sure I can read above a 9th grade level.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »

Not really sure how smart I am, especially compared to you. But I'm pretty sure I can read above a 9th grade level.

In that case, read this as a counter to your link. The author of the fateful memo mentioned was instigated by an agency created by Clinton, BTW. Too bad they gave it to Bush during his "summer break" from Washington. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/may/19/september11.usa

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
This is what I don't understand, someone who is much smarter then myself please explain...

How the hell is John McCain a maverick?  Because he doesn't fully cater to the religious right?  I have not seen him do much that would make me think 'Wow this guy is really going against the grain in his party, this is nuts'  How is Palin a maverick?  She sounds EXACTLY like a right wing neo-con.  Down to the jesus command us to do it crap and everything....

What's funny is issues are going farther and farther away in this election.  Republicans are trying to play image games by copying the Dem's (powerful female, trying to say Maverick instead of "change").  The Dem's are spending too much time trying to point things out at this moment.  Less time saying McCain is 'more of the same' and spend more time explaining, in detail, how the CHANGE will take place.

Oh, he's a maverick, all right. What else would you call a guy who told a senatorial collegue three times to "f***-off" during a committee meeting reviewing one of his own legislatorial bills because the guy had the audacity to question the reasoning behind the bill.