Author Topic: NBA TV to Give Fans Right to Vote  (Read 975 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NBA TV to Give Fans Right to Vote
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
Well, it's a small victory.

NBA TV to Give Fans Right to Vote
The interactive fan vote will continue to decide which league game is televised on Tuesdays throughout the season
-By Mike Shields

The National Basketball Association will once a week allow fans to vote on which games are televised during the upcoming season on NBA TV.

Dubbed Fan Night, starting on Tuesday Oct. 28 fans can log onto NBA.com and vote for which game will be broadcast on the following Tuesday. The interactive fan vote will continue to decide which league game is televised on Tuesdays throughout the season (NBA TV will showcase a total of 96 games this year).

To promote its 10-year-old network, the league is also planning to make NBA TV available free to cable and satellite subscribers during a free preview Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. The network?s first game telecast is set for Nov.1, featuring the Washington Wizards visiting the Detroit Pistons.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA TV to Give Fans Right to Vote
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »
I think this is a great idea for those of us who already have the channel.  I don't know if people are going to pay for the package this is included in just in case they might play games they want to see on Tuesdays. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
These are the same fans who vote on all stars right?

Not sure this is such a hot idea.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »
These are the same fans who vote on all stars right?

Not sure this is such a hot idea.

Apples and oranges....

People who vote on all-stars do so out of popularity.  Since the most popular teams in this league get their games televised anyways I don't think that you would have the same problem/issue.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com