Author Topic: Ginobili to have surgery on ankle  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Ginobili to have surgery on ankle
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
Ginobili to undergo surgery to fix injured ligament in heel
Associated Press

Updated: August 29, 2008, 11:48 AM ET

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili says he needs arthroscopic surgery to repair a ligament injury in his left heel.

Manu Ginobili says the ligament injury didn't get any worse during the Olympics -- but it certainly didn't get better, either.

"They're going to operate on me," he told Argentina's La Nacion newspaper Friday. The 31-year-old doesn't know when he'll have the surgery or who will do it.

Ginobili, who helped lead Argentina to a bronze medal in the Beijing Olympics, said an MRI exam of the injury showed no improvement.

"It's the same as it was two months ago, when they did the first exam," he said. "Now, the thing is, it's not better either, and it seems like the only way to repair it completely is arthroscopic surgery."

Ginobili hurt the ankle during the NBA playoffs, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich had urged his player not to compete in the Olympics unless the injury improved.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Of course this is all Pop-a-cements fault.  He should have had Manu held as an illegal or something so he wouldn't be able to play in the Olympics.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ginobili to have surgery on ankle
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »
Any word if he will be back by the time the season starts?  It's still 2 months away....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
Any word if he will be back by the time the season starts?  It's still 2 months away....

The news was just announced this morning from Argentina.  No details yet.  I would expect the local paper to have more info later.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:52:40 AM »
Of course this is all Pop-a-cements fault.  He should have had Manu held as an illegal or something so he wouldn't be able to play in the Olympics.

You're inaccurate, as usual.  Pop-a-Cement should have held him out of much of the Laker series.  Not the Olympics.  No way would he miss that.  Even Kobadiah says the Olys are more important then the NBA title. 

He meant marketingwise I'm sure. ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »

You're inaccurate, as usual.  Pop-a-Cement should have held him out of much of the Laker series.  Not the Olympics.  No way would he miss that.  Even Kobadiah says the Olys are more important then the NBA title. 

He meant marketingwise I'm sure. ;)

Why would it make a difference either way?  They still would have lost to the Lakers with out Gnob and his ankle still would have been prone to injury come the Olys....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com