Author Topic: Monta Ellis Injured  (Read 3905 times)

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
Monta Ellis Injured
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3556108

In the latest blow during a difficult summer for Golden State, Ellis -- just awarded one of the biggest pay raises in league history -- will be sidelined at least three months, possibly four, after suffering a severe high ankle sprain in his hometown of Jackson, Miss.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monta Ellis Injured
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
Warriors now "investigating" what really happened to cause the injury.

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:55:46 AM »
rumors circulating that it may have been a motorcycle accident - something specifically forbidden by his new contract

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »
Radmanovich got off virtually scott free by the Lakers.
Seems Monta Ellis will too.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
He'll pay a fine...what the hell else do you expect them to do, void his contract?  That would just be cutting off your nose to spite your face...fine him, maybe don't pay him for the games he misses, but you don't void his contract cause he'll play again.

And from what i've read, this motorcycle 'rumor' isn't so much a rumor as some writer mentioned it in an article as one possible violation of ellis contract...so not so much a rumor as evidence less speculation.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:28:25 AM by jemagee »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
While i did not wish any evil upon Radman, yes i think the Lakers should have seriously thought about voiding his contract.  Certainly docked him more then 10% of one season.

Ellis, maybe not so much.  But a pansy fine just further condones, really about encourages these pampered babies to continue their injury causing behavior in the offseason.

ESPN contacted two surgeons who both said Ellis' reported injuries are almost nil chance of coming from playing hoop as he claims.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
While i did not wish any evil upon Radman, yes i think the Lakers should have seriously thought about voiding his contract.  Certainly docked him more then 10% of one season.

Ellis, maybe not so much.  But a pansy fine just further condones, really about encourages these pampered babies to continue their injury causing behavior in the offseason.

ESPN contacted two surgeons who both said Ellis' reported injuries are almost nil chance of coming from playing hoop as he claims.

With the size of his new contract the most appropriate punishment would be to not pay him for any games he misses due to the injury, plus a fine to cover the first few games when he comes back and isn't up to full speed.  Maybe he was hanging around with Jeff Kent.

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »

With the size of his new contract the most appropriate punishment would be to not pay him for any games he misses due to the injury, plus a fine to cover the first few games when he comes back and isn't up to full speed.  Maybe he was hanging around with Jeff Kent.
Not pay him for any games he misses due to self inflicted non work non team related injury.  Umm, yeah that would seem to be a given.
A fine to cover "the first few games".
So guy screws up by violating rules after getting a 60 mil contract, and the total penalty you want to give him is a few games?

That is my point about these pampered multimillionares are not going to stop their injury causing behavior as long as their history of being pampered and let off the hook (since jr high) continues.
While i wish Ellis a good recovery, i would love it if some no name walked on the team and kicked ass at guard for Golden State.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 10:35:12 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3667938
Warriors owner docking Ellis 30 games pay.
Chris Mullin and Don Nelson think the little baby is being fined too much.

gawd it must be nice.

Ellis:  "While management and I do not agree on their actions," Ellis said in the statement, which was addressed to "My Community, Friends and Fans," "I want to be clear that my injury is based on my mistake in judgment. And I always accept responsibility for my actions."

:D :D :D What kind of doublespeak b.s. is that?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »
I don't think it's necessarily double speak.  He agrees he screwed up, but doesn't necessarily agree the punishment fits the crime.

To make an analogy, let's say you got caught speeding.  You agree you got caught speeding.  "Officer, I was speeding.  I accept responsibility and will take the ticket".

He then hands you a ticket for $10,000 and throws you in jail for a week.

Extreme example, but you can accept responsibility without agreeing that the punishment fits the crime.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 12:12:33 AM »
Horrible analogy.

In Ellis case, he gets to keep 63 million dollars.  He isn't owning up to squat.
He should be thanking the owner left and right for letting him stay in his contract.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 12:27:35 AM »
If you say so.

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
There's power plays going on in Golden State, moves being made in the front office that look like Mullin is being shown the door...