Author Topic: The Raiders  (Read 2790 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The Raiders
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »
A kid is in court because his parents are divorced and doesnt know who to live with

the judge asked if he wanted to live with his dad, he says "hell no, he beats me"

so the judges says "how about your mom?"

the kid says "hell no, she beats me too"

now the judges says "ok then who do you want to live with?"

the kid says "the raiders"

the judge asked why

the kid says because the raiders dont beat anyone
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: The Raiders
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »
So true, so true......

Can't the other owners just vote them out of the league?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
So true, so true......

Can't the other owners just vote them out of the league?

If all teams with meddlesome stupid owners were voted out of the league the nfc east would be decreased by half

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
Yeah, but Al Davis should be put on an ice drift.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

I'd say just freeze him but he may come back to life in 2050 to ruin another franchise.

Btw...I am a Raiders fan and that was sent to me today.  Thought it was funny so I shared it. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »

I'd say just freeze him but he may come back to life in 2050 to ruin another franchise.

Btw...I am a Raiders fan and that was sent to me today.  Thought it was funny so I shared it. 

I am a Raider fan as well, but things are not the same any more with that team. It is really hard to watch them.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 07:29:25 AM »
Trivia Q

When Meddling Al traded Jon Gruden after Jon had just taken the Raiders to the Superbowl, woops I mean the Tuck Rule Bowl in Jan 2002....

Tampa Bay gave Oakland the 21st and 53rd picks in the draft and $8 million in cash.
What became of those draft picks?
bonus Did Tampa give them any more draft picks?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
Trivia Q

When Meddling Al traded Jon Gruden after Jon had just taken the Raiders to the Superbowl, woops I mean the Tuck Rule Bowl in Jan 2002....

Tampa Bay gave Oakland the 21st and 53rd picks in the draft and $8 million in cash.
What became of those draft picks?
bonus Did Tampa give them any more draft picks?

Not sure what you mean by referring to the 2003 Super Bowl game as the Tuck Rule Bowl, since that occurred the previous year in the playoff game between the Raiders and New England, when Gruden was still coaching the Raiders.

As for the picks, #23 in 2002 was traded by the Raiders to New England, of all teams, who then drafted Daniel Graham, a tight end from Colorado who returned to that area in 2007 as a player for Denver after an average career with the Pats.

With the 53rd pick, the Raiders drafted Langston Walker, an OT from nearby Cal Berkeley, who is known in Raider Nation as a huge (6'8", 360 lbs), immobile blob who finally got himself off the team and now is on the Buffalo Bills roster.

The following year, the Raiders used their #1 pick from the trade with Tampa (#32) for Tyler Brayton, a DE from Colorado, who left the Raiders this year to join the Carolina Panthers after a "stellar" five year career with Oakland that showed he got all of 6 sacks in those years, with 176 tackles - in five years. Did I mention that was over FIVE years?

And finally, the Raiders got a #2 round pick in the 2004 draft (not 2003 as was reported at the time) and picked their center of the future in Jake Grove, who was just named the starting center after finally returning to the team from knee surgury in the off-season.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »
Not sure what you mean by referring to the 2003 Super Bowl game as the Tuck Rule Bowl, since that occurred the previous year in the playoff game between the Raiders and New England, when Gruden was still coaching the Raiders.
Not sure what you are reffering to.
Reality

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
Bing bing.  Winner Jomal.  Yeah at the time of the trade the draft picks might have semi offset the loss of Gruden (no way no how would i have traded him to Tampa, esp after bringing the Raiders all the way back to the Superbowl).  But leave it to Al to screw up the draft picks.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
Not sure what you are reffering to.
Reality

Okay, I misread what you meant. And it turns out that I completely agree - the Raiders deserved to go to the Super Bowl that year (2002) but Davis' "issues" with the League made them come up with the TUCK RULE TO END ALL TUCK RULES to prevent that from happening, at least for a year.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
2002.  Not a good year for major sports true Champions.  ;)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
First, the Raiders' lose out to the Patriotucks in 2002, then the Kings get reffed to death the same year in the Payoffs...er Playoffs with the Lakers.

What is the common denominator?

I am a fan of both (D)reemed teams. 

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 06:17:41 PM »

Conspiracy driven fans who are convinced someone is out to get them from cities with huge inferiority complexes compared to the other 'real' cities in their own state?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »

Conspiracy driven fans who are convinced someone is out to get them from cities with huge inferiority complexes compared to the other 'real' cities in their own state?

Excuse me, but you have to be totally delusional to even suggest Los Angeles is "real".