Author Topic: Pro Bowl caliber linebacker wanted: Chargers  (Read 5556 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pro Bowl caliber linebacker wanted: Chargers
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
You do realize that not everyone who has tickets to Laker games live in LA right?

No really? 

Did you realize the 1/2 hour buffer is not HARD CODED?  Sorry, I gave you credit for "Application" level of thinking, maybe that was a mistake.

Let me ask you the last time you drove from Orange County to Downtown LA anytime after 5:00
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
You do realize that not everyone who has tickets to Laker games live in LA right?

No really? 

Did you realize the 1/2 hour buffer is not HARD CODED?  Sorry, I gave you credit for "Application" level of thinking, maybe that was a mistake.

Let me ask you the last time you drove from Orange County to Downtown LA anytime after 5:00

Did you realize the 1/2 hour buffer is not HARD CODED?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
nice ownage westkoast

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
nice ownage westkoast

Make sure you buckle your seat belt for the PWND express.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

No really? 

If it was then more people would show up on time wouldn't they?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 02:22:53 PM »

No really? 

If it was then more people would show up on time wouldn't they?

Exactly! But they don't cause they are not DIE HARDS.  That's the point.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
There is another whole point being missed here that you guys are also evading.

Perhaps you can afford to go to a game or two a year, perhaps as many as seven, perhaps you can be season ticket holders and go to all of them.

Personally, I would rather put food on MY table rather then buy another line of coke for an overpaid Jailblazer, or another whore for Kobe, or another ski chateau for Phil Jackson, or another member of Bibby's "Dime" entourage.

When it became obvious that the only people who could afford to attend the basketball games were in the same tax bracket as the players on the court, I quit worrying about attending them regularly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:58:35 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
nice ownage, Jomal.

So Merriman is going to play on.  Sure sounds dumb.  Sounds like we can reminice once again about Martyball blowing the 14-2 chance with a then healthy Merriman and co.  And homefield, and record setting LT, and oh stop.  :'(
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3556123
Pro Bowl linebacker Shawne Merriman will forgo knee surgery and play this season for the San Diego Chargers despite the fact he has two torn ligaments in his left knee.  "I'm going to play," Merriman texted the San Diego Union-Tribune. "I'll deal with it when it's time to get surgery."
Merriman said Saturday that he has been told by doctors that he could suffer a possible career-ending injury if he attempts to play without having surgery.  Merriman said he has tears in both the posterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments. He said doctors agree that he needs surgery to repair the damage.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
There is another whole point being missing here that you guys are also evading.

Perhaps you can afford to go to a game or two a year, perhaps as many as seven, perhaps you can be season ticket holders and go to all of them.

Personally, I would rather put food on MY table rather then buy another line of coke for an overpaid Jailblazer, or another whore for Kobe, or another ski chateau for Phil Jackson, or another member of Bibby's "Dime" entourage.

When it became obvious that the only people who could afford to attend the basketball games were in the same tax bracket as the players on the court, I quit worrying about attending them regularly.

Not sure who you are referring to JoMal, I was actually the first one to mention "affordability" on the 1st page of this thread.  If you grew up with the kind of money that it costs to have a season ticket on the lower "televised" level of Laker home games, then you probably didn't grow up loving the game of basketball.

I could care less who is at a live Lakers/Clippers home game as long as I'm there in person.  Yes a good crowd can make it a better experience but no crowd is going to ruin it for me.  If I could afford it I would be a Lakers season ticket holder even if it means Vladamire Radmonovic gets a house on Malibu beach and snorts 1 KG of coke off the backsides of 20 something runway models every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

FYI, being able to "afford" perks like that means you are NOT having to choose between perks and food on the table.  Thinking that is a decision that needs to be made or thinking the word "affordable" has any place in that thought process tells me you've been working for the Gov. for far too long.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »
nice ownage, Jomal.

LOL!  Strap yourself into the PWND Rocketship on its way to planet Pimped Bee Yotch.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
There is another whole point being missing here that you guys are also evading.

Not sure who you are referring to JoMal, I was actually the first one to mention "affordability" on the 1st page of this thread.  If you grew up with the kind of money that it costs to have a season ticket on the lower "televised" level of Laker home games, then you probably didn't grow up loving the game of basketball.

I could care less who is at a live Lakers/Clippers home game as long as I'm there in person.  Yes a good crowd can make it a better experience but no crowd is going to ruin it for me.  If I could afford it I would be a Lakers season ticket holder even if it means Vladamire Radmonovic gets a house on Malibu beach and snorts 1 KG of coke off the backsides of 20 something runway models every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

FYI, being able to "afford" perks like that means you are NOT having to choose between perks and food on the table.  Thinking that is a decision that needs to be made or thinking the word "affordable" has any place in that thought process tells me you've been working for the Gov. for far too long.

First off, no personal attack was intended, just a personal venting on my part.

Second off, I know I have been working for the government too long. When I start seeing as a "perk" the temporary reversal of Governor Arnie's decision docking our pay down to minimum wage until the budget gets signed, you know you don't want your babies to grow up to be "cowPOORys". 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »

Second off, I know I have been working for the government too long. When I start seeing as a "perk" the temporary reversal of Governor Arnie's decision docking our pay down to minimum wage until the budget gets signed, you know you don't want your babies to grow up to be "cowPOORys". 

I didn't take it as a personal attack, that's just how us LA barbarians "spoke" to people (just can't get over how many times the wrong tense of a word is used durring meeting with "the city").

I totally forgot to ask you about that budget thingy and how it was possibly affecting you.  Last week I did some work that involved a state inspector and he chatted a little about this situation, it sounded like he wasn't worried about getting bumped down until the budget crisis was resolved.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »

I didn't take it as a personal attack, that's just how us LA barbarians "spoke" to people (just can't get over how many times the wrong tense of a word is used durring meeting with "the city").

I totally forgot to ask you about that budget thingy and how it was possibly affecting you.  Last week I did some work that involved a state inspector and he chatted a little about this situation, it sounded like he wasn't worried about getting bumped down until the budget crisis was resolved.

What, me worry??? <duhhhhhhh!!!!>

We got a reprieve from the courts about reducing our August pay down to minimum wage, so we are okay for another month. However, I am attending a conference in D.C. in September. You know, the kind that is paid for by you taxpayers? While I need to get the logistics of the trip approved, such as the air, hotel room, and registration for the conference, unless a budget gets signed before the trip, I will be paying for it out-of-pocket. With no guarantee, at least quickly, of getting reimbursed for it any time soon.

Latest news is that a budget is not forthcoming any time soon.

If anybody you know still thinks term limits are a good thing, you might tell them the budget crisis we have every year is almost entirely caused by pork barrel politicians who need to get their individual agendas funded before leaving office, resulting in gridlock special interest sessions devoted to scores of separate issues, none of which is remotely associated with final budget decisions.

Plus, having to fund any projects resulting from the passage of costly propositions takes money directly out of the general fund, which is not flush, to say the least, to begin with. Prop 98 that guarantees a set amount of the budget each year has to go to education (and as I stated earlier, the education problems in California are NOT from a lack of money, but how it gets spent). By throwing this guarantee into the budget planning, it causes tremendous problems in poor revenue years, which we have had for five years running now.

But it shore do look good when one of these idiots suggests docking the state workers as punishment for the budget crisis, don't it? Pay raises in the last twenty years has mostly consisted of returning pay cuts made to our salaries from from previous years.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT allow anyone you know to even entertain the thought of working for the state in the future. The days of nice security and well paid jobs are gone. The medical options are a joke and cost us a fortune. The retirement plan for new workers is based on how educated individuals are now in how Wall Street works because it is up to them to figure out where they want to put aside money for this if they want anything to live on in forty years. And every year, plastered across the front pages, are politicians suggesting more be taken away from us to balance the budget.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
We got a reprieve from the courts about reducing our August pay down to minimum wage, so we are okay for another month. However, I am attending a conference in D.C. in September. You know, the kind that is paid for by you taxpayers? While I need to get the logistics of the trip approved, such as the air, hotel room, and registration for the conference, unless a budget gets signed before the trip, I will be paying for it out-of-pocket. With no guarantee, at least quickly, of getting reimbursed for it any time soon.

You can't just skip the trip until the crisis is over.  If people like you are easing the pain of this crisis how will the message get through to the higher ups?  Granted you may or may not be a critical cog in the state machine, wouldn't critcal people like CHP guys not being at work hurt the State?  Does the state pay for CHP or do they make enough money on their own writting tickets?  What critical state workers would cause major pain if they did not go to work for minimum wage (utilities/teachers/tax collectors)?  Granted you jeapordize your position but it does not seem the Gov is working very hard since they don't feel of the pain they are putting workers like you through.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »

You can't just skip the trip until the crisis is over.  If people like you are easing the pain of this crisis how will the message get through to the higher ups?  Granted you may or may not be a critical cog in the state machine, wouldn't critcal people like CHP guys not being at work hurt the State?  Does the state pay for CHP or do they make enough money on their own writting tickets?  What critical state workers would cause major pain if they did not go to work for minimum wage (utilities/teachers/tax collectors)?  Granted you jeapordize your position but it does not seem the Gov is working very hard since they don't feel of the pain they are putting workers like you through.

Our governor does not take a salary - everyone else does.

As always, certain service personnel are exempt from any decisions being made that affect the rest of our lives who work for the State, such as CHP, prison guards, fire protections services, etc.

All I do is help distribute the money needed by localities so they can provide local police services, fund fire departments and pay teachers. Hardly as important.