Author Topic: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me  (Read 45480 times)

jemagee

Re: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
Seriously why did you post as jo ann logan on mnsbc Reality?  Kind of weird you had a FEMALE alias....

Alias?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »
Seriously why did you post as jo ann logan on mnsbc Reality?  Kind of weird you had a FEMALE alias....

Alias?

Or multiple personalities...however you want to word it.

I know Bush has to say this and I understand it's the RNC but couldn't they have sent him on vacation to Texas like they did for all those other major events?  If George Bush is one of your references on your resume I don't know if a lot of Americans would hire him right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/rnc.day/index.html
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »

Alias?

Or multiple personalities...however you want to word it.

I know Bush has to say this and I understand it's the RNC but couldn't they have sent him on vacation to Texas like they did for all those other major events?  If George Bush is one of your references on your resume I don't know if a lot of Americans would hire him right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/rnc.day/index.html

Maybe it is getting a bit hot for Bush, even in Texas.

But then, he should remember, it is not the heat, it's the humility.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
Maybe it is getting a bit hot for Bush, even in Texas.

But then, he should remember, it is not the heat, it's the humility.

I doubt we will ever see Bush and McCain standing next to each other or anywhere near each other for the next three months.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:27:17 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
For bush to have humility wouldn't he have to know how to spell it, and understand it, two things i'm pretty sure are beyond him.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
For bush to have humility wouldn't he have to know how to spell it, and understand it, two things i'm pretty sure are beyond him.

For you to have intelligence wouldn't you have to know to capitalize "Bush" And "I'm"? And, I might add, not run the sentence on from question to statement without a question mark to separate the 2? You could have even just added the question mark to the end, even THAT would have been something.

Like shooting fish in a barrel boys, like shooting fish in a barrel.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:31:18 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

jemagee

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2008, 05:35:13 PM »
Yawn...missing the point as usual, focusing on the structure instead of the content.  Typical of laker fans.

And this board

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Yawn...missing the point as usual, focusing on the structure instead of the content.  Typical of laker fans.

And this board

Add some content worth commenting on and you might get more than what you get now. As far as the board in concerned, for newbie here, allow me to inform you that you can leave as quickly as you came and I doubt anyone would miss you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:11:47 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2008, 05:59:54 PM »

And this board

We're still waiting for the content. If you gave us some, we'd start focusing on it! ;D

Edit: Aww crap. Dan beat me to it again. He's fast for an old dude.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »
We're still waiting for the content. If you gave us some, we'd start focusing on it! ;D

Edit: Aww crap. Dan beat me to it again. He's fast for an old dude.

I'm still waiting you to correct the following:

I doubt we will ever Bush and McCain standing next to each other or anywhere near each other for the next three months.

Very surprising from a scholar such as yourself. 

I find it humorous that someone would call someone out about grammar/spelling in a post that is flagged "Last Edit......".  LOL!  I know I screw up on spelling and grammar but I don't try and hide my shame...  ;) ..only correct when the meaning could be lost by such a mistake.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

For you to have intelligence wouldn't you have to know to capitalize "Bush" And "I'm"? And, I might add, not run the sentence on from question to statement without a question mark to separate the 2? You could have even just added the question mark to the end, even THAT would have been something.

Laker Dan, when you end a sentence with the number "2", what, exactly, are you separating? A crap from a leak?

"And" I might add, starting a sentence with a conjunction, while catchy, tends to make me long for a butt.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »

And this board

Add some content worth commenting on and you might get get more than what you get now. As far as the board in concerned, for newbie here, allow me to inform you that you can leave as quickly as you came and I doubt anyone would miss you.

I don't know, Dan, I don't know....

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis told Washington Post editors Tuesday that issues will have an impact on undecided voters but will not be conclusive.

"This election is not about issues," Davis said. "This election is about a composite view of what people take away from these candidates."

I see that we all have been completely wrong in our thoughts about the upcoming election, it seems. Glad Mr. Davis could set it all straight for us so we don't go around beating ourselfs silly over such stupid things like the issues in the upcoming presidential election.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

Laker Dan, when you end a sentence with the number "2", what, exactly, are you separating? A crap from a leak?

"And" I might add, starting a sentence with a conjunction, while catchy, tends to make me long for a butt.

You have me on the "2", but unfortunately, "and" has become a perfectly acceptable way to begin a sentence although not a paragraph and I have begun using it to save time. If you are longing for a butt, I might point you in the direction of the subject of my ridicule, he seems to be quite the butt
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

And this board

Add some content worth commenting on and you might get get more than what you get now. As far as the board in concerned, for newbie here, allow me to inform you that you can leave as quickly as you came and I doubt anyone would miss you.

I don't know, Dan, I don't know....

Error corrected, that's what I get for typing with one hand and drinking with the other.
Dan