Author Topic: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me  (Read 45501 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »
The choice of Palin for VP made my choice in the election an easy one.

She is against abortion with the exception of a mothers health.  Incest, rape and the like are ok in her book.  IMO abortion is killing babies but I can't tell someone what to do with their own body, plus outlawing abrotion would ONLY impact the poor of this country.

Bush couldn't find oil in Texas and Palin couldn't find ice in Alaska.  She used tax dollars to fund the building of a hockey rink for her kids to skate in.  Hmmmmm.....building a hockey rink in Alaska.....using tax dollars.....hmmm...sounds all too familiar....

She believes in teaching creationalism along side evolution.  Ok, people who believe that are either ignorant or blinded by their faith.  Either way that's not someone I want 2nd in command.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »
But at the same time do you want some Democratic lemming to sign off on Pelosi & Reid's 8 years of pent up Democratic laws?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2008, 03:10:41 PM »
But at the same time do you want some Democratic lemming to sign off on Pelosi & Reid's 8 years of pent up Democratic laws?

We're fugged either way it seems.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
That the Palins baby came out of nowhere but that her daughter had been pulled out of school 8 months previously to go stay with family and then returned shortly after the baby was born.  Palin was back on the 'campaign' almost the day after the baby was born.

FYI, this rumor has been disproven.  There are pictures of Gov Palin looking very pregnant.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »
Nice of you to completely ignore the sacrifice of those millions of lives that brought about changes that never would have taken place had they not.

Ted, it is not that I do not understand the human suffering that occurred. It is just that I cannot ignore the even greater human suffering that would have happened had they not. That is the legacy of the human race and how it sometimes costs us dearly to make things better as a result. The consequences of NOT acting - if you can address that one in terms of LESS cost in each of those examples you brought up, I would love to hear it.

Uh oh. JoMal knows what I'm doing.  ;)

How did this become an argument over whether World War II or the Civil War or any of the great struggles of the American history should have been fought? Are you saying I stated (or even implied) that the world would be better off without them? I've never seen you so blatantly warp another person's words before, JoMal. That's not your style.

American once had a reputation of a world power that could provide aid where needed or stop depots when called upon. What I am referring to is that this country has peaked - reached its apex sometime in the last twenty years and is now going the way of the Roman Empire.

The barbarians are at the door and we are discussing family values, abortion issues, BJ's in the White House, and how New Orleans brought God's wrath down upon itself instead of how we are watching this country achieve mediocrity as the world works us down to their playing field.    

Again, I have not denied that things are bad. But you really are saying the sky is falling. Honestly, it sounds a bit too hysterical. Seriously folks. You don't have to worry. Even a lot of us somewhat conservative people want change. Obama is going to win. You don't have to go to these lengths to convince us.

But if it will make you feel better, I'll start digging the fall-out shelter tonight. But I'm not joining the suicide cult. I'm just not!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
The choice of Palin for VP made my choice in the election an easy one.

She is against abortion with the exception of a mothers health.  Incest, rape and the like are ok in her book.  IMO abortion is killing babies but I can't tell someone what to do with their own body, plus outlawing abrotion would ONLY impact the poor of this country.

Can't agree with her on that either.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »
FYI, this rumor has been disproven.  There are pictures of Gov Palin looking very pregnant.

Oh WoW, you poor gullible guy. Of course she "looked" pregnant. It was one of two things: 1. A fat suit. or 2. They had the baby surgically removed from the daughter and implanted in the Sarah Palin.

I personally feel that it was option #2.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »

Oh WoW, you poor gullible guy. Of course she "looked" pregnant. It was one of two things: 1. A fat suit. or 2. They had the baby surgically removed from the daughter and implanted in the Sarah Palin.

LOL, it's probably something as simple as photoshop.  It was an interesting read for a moment, daughter was out of school for 4 to 5 months due to "mono", the Gov showing no signs of the pregnancy and the gov flying from one end of the country to the other while in labor.

Considering the potential contraversy with Palin, what are the chances she turns down the VP nomination (no way camp McCain takes it back)?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »

LOL, it's probably something as simple as photoshop.  It was an interesting read for a moment, daughter was out of school for 4 to 5 months due to "mono", the Gov showing no signs of the pregnancy and the gov flying from one end of the country to the other while in labor.

Considering the potential contraversy with Palin, what are the chances she turns down the VP nomination (no way camp McCain takes it back)?

That would make the Rep's look weak if it happened.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »

We're fugged either way it seems.

My point at the beginning.  

So when the sky meets the ground I can use my final breath to say...I told you so.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »
My point at the beginning.  

So when the sky meets the ground I can use my final breath to say...I told you so.  

So when the sky meets the ground....

So when the sky meets the ground....

When NOT if Lurker.  MY point from the begining.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

If she did try to cover it up to protect her politcal career, she should turn it down. There's no sane reason to try to cover something like that up. Seriously!

The reps already look weak! They're dead in the water.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
Take a look at the Article, how the Chicago Boys wrecked the economy.

It explains a lot about why we are in the situation we are, and what the true fight is about, and who is on which side of that fight.

The problem, as I see it, is that there is a group of people who are voting against their own financial self-interests, in exchange for some perceived moral advantage which is in fact anything but.  They do so, because the fight we are in is not apparent, even though we are all affected by it. 

Jesse's sight is a great place for charts, and his annotations are a good starting point for technical analysis.

http://tinyurl.com/5vpus9

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
The politics of dancin.
The politics of oooh feelin good.

We got the message
I heard it on the airwaves
The politicians
Are now DJ's

The broadcast was spreading
Station to station
Like an infection
Across the nation

Well you know you can't stop it
When they start to play
You gotta get out the way

The politics of dancing
The politics of ooo feeling good
The politics of moving
Is this message understood

We're under the pressure
Yes we're counting on you
That what you say
Is what you do

It's in the papers
It's on your t.v. news
The application
It's just a point of view

Well you know you can't stop it
When they start to play
You gotta get out the way

The politics of dancing
The politics of moving
Is this message understood

The politics of dancing
The politics of moving
Is this message understood...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2008, 07:05:03 PM »
Seriously why did you post as jo ann logan on mnsbc Reality?  Kind of weird you had a FEMALE alias....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com