Author Topic: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me  (Read 45539 times)

jemagee

OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »
So Rush limbaugh says mccain needs to pick an anti-choice VP candidates....why because if he doesn't republicans are going to vote for Obama?  I don't understand how who he picks for VP matters on the "lunatic fringe" side of the republican party (you know, the side rush represents) cause they gonna vote republican anyway.

And why the HELL is politics usually one issue that men, in general, should just shut the hell up about, since it's like doritos baby, DORITOS

(CNN) ? Rush Limbaugh, the popular conservative talk-show host who's long been lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy, warned the Arizona senator Tuesday picking a pro-choice running mate could devastate the Republican Party.

Referencing reports McCain advisors are seriously considering both former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge and former Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Lieberman ? both of whom favor abortion rights ? Limbaugh said picking either of those men would ensure a GOP defeat, and damage the party?s brand for years to come.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Politics doesn't make sense to me
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »
You know up until Dick Cheney (the true president) I never saw the big deal of the Vice President other then he *MIGHT* become president if something were to happen to the elected one.  All this talk about the VP slot for both canidates had me thinking the same thing you are...since when does this make or break your election?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
All this talk about the VP slot for both canidates had me thinking the same thing you are...since when does this make or break your election?

Well, in my mind, since i'm a cynic and have no faith in americans as a whole, i think the democratic nominee could vastly prolong his life span if he chose the woman he beat for VP

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:29:59 AM »
Wait, I thought Lieberman was an independent now?  Would McCain go for a former-democrat-now-independent, or has Lieberman changed party affiliation again?

Can he please pick a friggin party and not change whenever it suits him?

(I mean, I guess it's possible his ideals changed in 2006 at the age of 64, but I find it more likely that he changed to independent simply because he lost the democratic primary).

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »
Wait, I thought Lieberman was an independent now?  Would McCain go for a former-democrat-now-independent, or has Lieberman changed party affiliation again?

Can he please pick a friggin party and not change whenever it suits him?

(I mean, I guess it's possible his ideals changed in 2006 at the age of 64, but I find it more likely that he changed to independent simply because he lost the democratic primary).

That's exactly why he left the dem's lol

Though I will say this.  It is *VERY* important who McCain picks.  The fact that he could die from old age at anytime during his term if elected makes his pick all that more important.  Obama?  Not so much.  Though it would be funny to see Clinton on his ticket.  That would be WWF-esque.  Yet people say politics are boring!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
I don't care who the VP is...although koast makes a good point about McCain's age.  I am a whole lot more interested in who each candidate's top 3-5 choices for Supreme Court would be.  THAT would be some interesting insight.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »
I don't care who the VP is...although koast makes a good point about McCain's age.  I am a whole lot more interested in who each candidate's top 3-5 choices for Supreme Court would be.  THAT would be some interesting insight.

Oh that will come up......

When they spend precious time before the election to debate about abortion.  Not to offend anyone here but man I wish the whole topic of abortion was removed from politics.  I just feel like every single time there is a big election it takes up much needed discussion from other, more important issues.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics

won't take an interest in you!

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

At least political apathy is not an issue on this board.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Lucky for Pericles you were there to correct any spelling mistakes since it's well known he was a crappy speller.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »

-Pericles (430 B.C.)

Lucky for Pericles you were there to correct any spelling mistakes since it's well known he was a crappy speller.

Yeah, he kept spelling "politics" as "pedantic".

And that is spelled "crappie", Frenchy.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »

Maybe in merry ole England, but the Yanks, according to Mr Webster, spell it "crappy".  Pendejo!  ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
Not to offend anyone here but man I wish the whole topic of abortion was removed from politics.

Most liberals do. If it were, the democrats would rule the world until the millenium. It is the single biggest loser in the democratic party's political world.

P.S. I don't use the word "liberal" as an expletive.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
Not to offend anyone here but man I wish the whole topic of abortion was removed from politics.

Most liberals do. If it were, the democrats would rule the world until the millenium. It is the single biggest loser in the democratic party's political world.

I think most people should want it removed.  Regardless of which way they lean.   I just want topics such as public education to be pushed up higher on the list then abortion.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »

Maybe in merry ole England, but the Yanks, according to Mr Webster, spell it "crappy".  Pendejo!  ::)

I see....

So were you referencing his crappie spooling or crappy 'spielling' - since both fishing and oratory were noted Greek pastimes.

Either way, you would be better off NOT suggesting I was there to correct his spelling since you are making it obvious you WERE there -how else would you apparently be familiar with his "krepah" spelling so much more then I am.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »

I think most people should want it removed.  Regardless of which way they lean.   I just want topics such as public education to be pushed up higher on the list then abortion.

Exactly wk.  It's a red herring topic that most idiots in the USA fall for every time. 

Even though I believe abortion is wrong, I'm pro-choice BUT that issue is nowhere near the top of my concerns.  Idiots are deciding who runs this country and how they run it.  It seems that they clearly out number the thinkers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"