Author Topic: Adobe CS3 users?  (Read 1358 times)

jemagee

Adobe CS3 users?
« on: August 14, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »
So it seems there are a lot of technical folks around here so i was wondering if anyone is a major user of any of the adobe CS3 package?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adobe CS3 users?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »
Still using CS2, haven't jumped up yet.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »
Well then you probably are better at most of the programs then i am, i have sort of learned by doing (though I did take a class in photoshop this summer to work on somet stuff) i'm ideally looking for quality tutorials in Illustrator, PS and Indesign if you know of any...the classroom in a book series isn't bad, but it doesn't ahve the depth i'd like.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Well then you probably are better at most of the programs then i am, i have sort of learned by doing (though I did take a class in photoshop this summer to work on somet stuff) i'm ideally looking for quality tutorials in Illustrator, PS and Indesign if you know of any...the classroom in a book series isn't bad, but it doesn't ahve the depth i'd like.

Ever heard of 'you suck at photoshop' ?  The guy spends a chunk of the time being sarcastic or rants in the middle of the sessions but I've learned A LOT of cool tricks.  Once I got some of the tricks down I continued to play with what I picked up and did different things.  He uses better examples and pictures then a tutorial does IMO.  Look it up on youtube or on google.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
I'll check it out, i'm also pondering this book (one of them) dedicated to all the cool layer tricks out there, one of my new favorite tools i learned while taking the class was the magnetic lasso

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
.....one of my new favorite tools i learned while taking the class was the magnetic lasso

Does if force someone to tell the truth?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
I'll check it out, i'm also pondering this book (one of them) dedicated to all the cool layer tricks out there, one of my new favorite tools i learned while taking the class was the magnetic lasso

All the cool layer tricks I can think of are on the 'you suck at photoshop' series.  You really should check it out when you get a chance they teach you some real cool things.