Author Topic: OT - How did reality miss this?  (Read 1323 times)

jemagee

OT - How did reality miss this?
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:49:40 PM »
The US gov't has long had an odd fascination with stopping online gambling (except for horse racing -- which politicians engage in -- and state lotteries, for obvious reasons). Sometimes, this obsession reaches bizarre levels, such as the claim a few years back that it wasn't just illegal to run an online gambling operation, but that it was illegal to help advertise one. Most have pointed out that this has little actual legal basis, and is likely a violation of free speech rights -- but that hasn't stopped the government from using such threats.

Two years ago, the feds charged some ad execs with a whole bunch of crimes simply because they had the company BetOnSports as a client. BetOnSports, of course, was completely legal outside the US, but that didn't stop the US from claiming otherwise (even arresting BetOnSports' CEO as he was traveling through the US in a completely separate action from the lawsuit in this post). Even if it turns out that BetOnSports is somehow illegal, it makes no sense to drag in execs from a totally different company that only created promotional campaigns for BetOnSports. That hardly seems to deserve getting charged criminally.

But, when the gov't wants to put you down, it finds a way. The three ad execs have now all plead guilty in the case. Even though they had nothing to do with running the gambling site, they agreed to a plea bargain to avoid a lengthy and costly trial that could have resulted in a lot of jail time. It's not clear yet what the sentences will be in this case, as that will be announced in October, but at least some of the execs may get off without jail time. That's good, but it still remains ridiculous that they had to go through this two year ordeal just because they created promotions for the company.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - How did reality miss this?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
Most have pointed out that this has little actual legal basis, and is likely a violation of free speech rights -- but that hasn't stopped the government from using such threats.

..... Even if it turns out that BetOnSports is somehow illegal, it makes no sense to drag in execs from a totally different company that only created promotional campaigns for BetOnSports. That hardly seems to deserve getting charged criminally.

But, when the gov't wants to put you down, it finds a way. The three ad execs have now all plead guilty in the case. Even though they had nothing to do with running the gambling site, they agreed to a plea bargain to avoid a lengthy and costly trial that could have resulted in a lot of jail time.
In a similiar vein on the subject of taxes, all the same illegal activity performed by the US Govt prevails.  If you study, i mean really study the tax laws, and i have friends who have done this for years, the absolute conclusion is many, dare i say most of the taxation put on citizens is illegal by the govt using their own tax laws.  Probably not a big shock to those of us on this board, "taxation without representation".  The founding fathers never intended the crap they tax us on, and in fact that was one of the main reason they broke free from England.  Now it's morphed to Animal Farm to the tenth power.

The system of things we live under, not only the US but all worldly govts, is coming to it's end.  Mankind will never, ever find a system that is fair to all.  By allowing humans to try, it's answered the basic challenge raised by Satan in the garden, his lyingly claiming manking is better off ruling itself apart from God.  Behold, the results.  It needn't go on much further, all forms and types of gov't have been tried.  Man cannot rule man succussfully.  Game over.  God will intervene.  Exact day and hour, no one knows.  "Times and seasons"?  They are upon us as we speak.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:30:12 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »
Reality you watched Zeigeist recently I take it?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
no

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
You should check it out, it is right up your alley.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:12:41 PM »
parts of it is.  Such as false religion ie "Chistendom" aka false Christians reigning utter destruction on their fellow man from the Inquisition up to the Vatican and onward.  But the author/producer thinking Jesus is a myth, well Jesus can be confirmed thru numerous secular sources.

9/11 a conspiracy?  I don't know, but gross incompetence by gov't has already been documented, ie the FBI/CIA agents telling their superiors that a bunch of Middle Easterners taking flight classes smelled fishy and the suits sitting on their hands.  Interceptor jets missing from the NYC area, away on some scheduled training run that any yahoo could find out their schedule in advance, as the demonic hijackers did.  Grteedy Repugnatins vetoing Clintons suggestion that a couple bucks tax per ticket be put on for increased security (might not have stopped them and I'm neither Demo or Pug, just saying how much was that $2 bucks a ticket compared to the cost of 9/11).  The topper was the INS issuing the hijackers visas after they died. ;) ;)
Just yet another instance that man cannot rule man successfully.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »
parts of it is.  Such as false religion ie "Chistendom" aka false Christians reigning utter destruction on their fellow man from the Inquisition up to the Vatican and onward.  But the author/producer thinking Jesus is a myth, well Jesus can be confirmed thru numerous secular sources.

9/11 a conspiracy?  I don't know, but gross incompetence by gov't has already been documented, ie the FBI/CIA agents telling their superiors that a bunch of Middle Easterners taking flight classes smelled fishy and the suits sitting on their hands.  Interceptor jets missing from the NYC area, away on some scheduled training run that any yahoo could find out their schedule in advance, as the demonic hijackers did.  Grteedy Repugnatins vetoing Clintons suggestion that a couple bucks tax per ticket be put on for increased security (might not have stopped them and I'm neither Demo or Pug, just saying how much was that $2 bucks a ticket compared to the cost of 9/11).  The topper was the INS issuing the hijackers visas after they died. ;) ;)
Just yet another instance that man cannot rule man successfully.

Some of the 9/11 stuff was far fetched I think.  I don't deny government incompetence, that is a known fact.  Just some of the information they provided in the movie seemed a bit wacko in that part.

The information about the bankers, our education, and the parts of religion that are borrowed are much better IMO.   As for Jesus being a myth...I don't know.  The information that proves he was alive is not solid.  As for what's been borrowed from Pagan religions...that is true.  The part where Jesus is an exact replica of Horus was proven to be wrong.  They do however share a number of similarities.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:26:29 PM by westkoast »