Author Topic: What's the health status of Kobe and Karl?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What's the health status of Kobe and Karl?
« on: February 11, 2004, 02:58:46 PM »
When are they projected to come back? How is "Steel's" big toe holding up these days?  What about his general health, I heard he trained like a madman in the summer.  This true?  
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 03:02:21 PM »
How is "Steel's" big toe holding up these days?  What about his general health, I heard he trained like a madman in the summer.  This true?
Madman?  Hannibal Lecter comes to mind...eat anything that is made of flesh. :ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 03:32:03 PM »
Shaq is lighter than last year, but his conditioning was greatly exaggerated.  I'd say he's in 2002 championship run condition.  Not as good as run 1 or 2 but ALLOT better than the fatso that lost the title in 2002.  Shaq looked amazing in the 4th quarter of the Miami game.  If he plays the same way, IMO he's the best in the league AGAIN.  Someone just needs to piss off Shaq in every game to get him going, and since Kobe is not around it will be up to an oppenent player.

Kobe could be back any day.

Karl's condition is a mystery.  There is talk he will be back for his "payback" game vs Utah next month, there is talk he won't come back till the end of March early April and now there is talk that he's done for the year with an ACL TEAR! TEAR not sprian.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 04:11:24 PM »
Does anyone notice that GP likes to get thrown out of a game every now and then just to make sure the Lakers know that we can't win without him?   :huh:

We aren't going to win without GP, Shaq and Kobe -- and I'm not sure that we can win without Malone, either.  There's a good chance we could if Horace is healthy come playoff time but in order to face the TWolves and the Kings, we really need Malone as well.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 05:14:09 PM »
IMO, the Lakers can beat everyone except the Kings without Malone.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 06:09:39 PM »
Hey Lurker,
You have any idea where I could get a poster sized version of your avatar? It would . . . uh . . . er . . . make a GREAT gag gift.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton