Author Topic: Spurs Scola trade might be only a 99.9% disaster, not 100  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Scola trade might be only a 99.9% disaster, not 100
« on: July 30, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »
I don't know how reliable Tony Ronzonis scouting reports are but here is his of Greece and the point guard whom the Spurs traded SuperScols' to Houston for.  Only to have him say he wanted nothing to do with the NBA.  Does this Tony R color up the opponents to try to get Team USA motivated?  I don't know.  If his reports are accurate, its potential good news for the Spurs.  The translation is a little bit Borat-ish so just roll.

http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=8245&subid=2&tag=6371&pubid=1226646

During the Olympic qualifying tournament in Athens Tony Ronzoni was there to evaluate or spy the Greek team, sent officially by USA Basketball. He gave a short interview to some media and here are some interesting points:

"This Greek team is better than 2006 but this time we are working to be well prepared. The Greek players are playing such a long time together that they have developed an incredible chemistry with each other. That is the job of an excellent coach. There are about 10 equal players within the team and each and every one of them can take the lead at any moment during the game. I was very impressed with the plain mentality that all players as a priority try to pass the ball to secure an easy hit. This is great. Our team has to work on that, most of our players are thinking in NBA terms and they try to finish themselves.

Our players of course are very athletic and very good on one to one but sometimes this style of offense can be premature. I believe we should follow carefully the style of the Greek team as I believe it has become a basketball school with it's own style with every new generation of player getting better. In defense the Greek team has this unique ability to apply an extreme full pressing in all areas with devastating effect to the opponents. They do that superbly without any sign of stress or fear. I believe that Greece will use this defense against Spain or Argentina.

In offense the best of Greece is the perimeter. Spanoulis has improved a lot during the last two years he is two years older and two years better. He can play in any team in the NBA any time he wants to. I do not understand why he refused a contract from San Antonio Spurs last year. He seems not to be afraid of anyone.

.....He has been offer contract by Spurs at games in Athens as is report earlier. He is not to make decision until after Olympia. Spurs fans keeps this in mind and remember what Team US scout director say about level of this player. Everything I say of him is true and if some European fans here say different they is nothing but haters or do not know game at all. Of course all players in this elite level of Spanoulis has these haters.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Spurs Scola trade might be only a 99.9% disaster, not 100
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »
Wow another Flabs.  Kwame would probably own that guy as well, just like he pwn3d Flabs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »

What were Kobe and Kwame holding together that June?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:09:26 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
I don't know how reliable Tony Ronzonis scouting reports are but here is his of Greece and the point guard whom the Spurs traded SuperScols' to Houston for.  Only to have him say he wanted nothing to do with the NBA.  Does this Tony R color up the opponents to try to get Team USA motivated?  I don't know.  If his reports are accurate, its potential good news for the Spurs.  The translation is a little bit Borat-ish so just roll.

http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=8245&subid=2&tag=6371&pubid=1226646

During the Olympic qualifying tournament in Athens Tony Ronzoni was there to evaluate or spy the Greek team, sent officially by USA Basketball. He gave a short interview to some media and here are some interesting points:

"This Greek team is better than 2006 but this time we are working to be well prepared. The Greek players are playing such a long time together that they have developed an incredible chemistry with each other. That is the job of an excellent coach. There are about 10 equal players within the team and each and every one of them can take the lead at any moment during the game. I was very impressed with the plain mentality that all players as a priority try to pass the ball to secure an easy hit. This is great. Our team has to work on that, most of our players are thinking in NBA terms and they try to finish themselves.

Our players of course are very athletic and very good on one to one but sometimes this style of offense can be premature. I believe we should follow carefully the style of the Greek team as I believe it has become a basketball school with it's own style with every new generation of player getting better. In defense the Greek team has this unique ability to apply an extreme full pressing in all areas with devastating effect to the opponents. They do that superbly without any sign of stress or fear. I believe that Greece will use this defense against Spain or Argentina.

In offense the best of Greece is the perimeter. Spanoulis has improved a lot during the last two years he is two years older and two years better. He can play in any team in the NBA any time he wants to. I do not understand why he refused a contract from San Antonio Spurs last year. He seems not to be afraid of anyone.

.....He has been offer contract by Spurs at games in Athens as is report earlier. He is not to make decision until after Olympia. Spurs fans keeps this in mind and remember what Team US scout director say about level of this player. Everything I say of him is true and if some European fans here say different they is nothing but haters or do not know game at all. Of course all players in this elite level of Spanoulis has these haters.

This guy is not going to play for us.  Didn't he leave because he was homesick??  I thought that was the story when he bailed.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »
What were Kobe and Kwame holding together that June?

Kobe is usually holding TD's and Manu balz in a glass jar because he owns them in June.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:17:53 AM »
Anyone requiring Pao Gasol to bail them out of perennial .500 status has marshmellows for nads.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »
Anyone requiring Pao Gasol to bail them out of perennial .500 status has marshmellows for nads.

You really don't pay attention to the NBA do you?

Two years ago the Lakers were doing just find until injury hit 3, THREE, starters.

Last year the Lakers were doing just fine, in FACT they were in FIRST place in the WC, before Bynum went down and BEFORE the Gasol trade.

OWNED!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

The NBA is a subset of everything right?  so I'm going to say, no, not paying attention to the NBA

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:03 AM »
Being in 1st place in November is quite different from being in 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th then winning the title in June.  "It's not who starts, it's who finishes."

And the 2005-6 Lakers were doing "just find" and were going to be a title threat?  :D :D :D
You must have had a premonition they were going to "just find" Gasol to bail out Marshmellow Nutts.
Now it's summertime, get down to the beach and dazzle everyone with your Smores recipie including of course, marshmellows.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:23:25 AM by Reality »

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »
Your bliss level must be one of the highest in the history of mankind right?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
Being in 1st place in November is quite different from being in 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th then winning the title in June.  "It's not who starts, it's who finishes."

And the 2005-6 Lakers were doing "just find" and were going to be a title threat?  :D :D :D
You must have had a premonition they were going to "just find" Gasol to bail out Marshmellow Nutts.
Now it's summertime, get down to the beach and dazzle everyone with your Smores recipie including of course, marshmellows.

Hmmmm......were did the Spurs finish when they had to deal with injuries?  PWN3D!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
Timmy Dunks record every season?
No .500 or even sub .500 crap to be found.

True ownage. 
Move it on.  Nothing to see here.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
Timmy Dunks record every season?
No .500 or even sub .500 crap to be found.

True ownage. 
Move it on.  Nothing to see here.

When has he had to deal with a key injury?  I said the SPURS, pay attention.  PWN3D!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
No no no.  Nice attempt to twist.  You mean when Duncan himself went down?  Yes the Spurs tanked.
Your schpeel was poor Kobe had three starters go down, thus implying that was the only reason (and season) the Kobester as a leader missed the playoffs.  Psssh.

Timmy Dunks as leader has never even sniffed down to .500

Your Kobe is a sidekick only.  1st Shaq and now softie Gasol.  :D
Otherwise he's .500
True ownage.
Start making those Smores.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
No no no.  Nice attempt to twist.  You mean when Duncan himself went down?  Yes the Spurs tanked.
Your schpeel was poor Kobe had three starters go down, thus implying that was the only reason (and season) the Kobester as a leader missed the playoffs.  Psssh.

Timmy Dunks as leader has never even sniffed down to .500

Your Kobe is a sidekick only.  1st Shaq and now softie Gasol.  :D
Otherwise he's .500
True ownage.
Start making those Smores.

I said the Spurs, not TD.  How did the Spurs manage to get TD in the first place?  PWN3D!

Plus you said Kobe needed Gasol and you were CLEARLY wrong on that one.  The Lakers were at the top BEFORE Gasol, Kobe didn't need him.  After the injury to Bynum, Gasol came on board and the Lakers just kept doing what they did ALL season long.  You have been owned, start another topic cause this one is "OVAH"!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"