Author Topic: LA peeps  (Read 5362 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
LA peeps
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »
I was just speaking to someone in the area when that quake started.  Hope everyone is ok...send a note when you get a chance to let us know things are ok.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: LA peeps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »
I was just speaking to someone in the area when that quake started.  Hope everyone is ok...send a note when you get a chance to let us know things are ok.

I was at a stop light and when the shaking started I thought some transplanted East Coast moron had hit my truck.  I looked around and there wasn't a car in dight but all the stop lights were shaking, I just went "eh" and drove back to work.  I called everyone and the entire KittySquisher crew is ok.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »

I was at a stop light and when the shaking started I thought some transplanted East Coast moron had hit my truck.  I looked around and there wasn't a car in dight but all the stop lights were shaking, I just went "eh" and drove back to work.  I called everyone and the entire KittySquisher crew is ok.

good to hear, the person i was talking to, wasn't sure if they "needed" to panic or not, so like after while of thinking about it they decided to get off the phone...I don't know how you guys get used to that stuff over there.  Good to hear about the kittens.  it probably didn't even slow their Xbox game play down...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »
good to hear, the person i was talking to, wasn't sure if they "needed" to panic or not, so like after while of thinking about it they decided to get off the phone...I don't know how you guys get used to that stuff over there.  Good to hear about the kittens.  it probably didn't even slow their Xbox game play down...

My oldest son was playing and he felt the house shaking more than usual and he didn't know why until his older sister came in and told him.  He likes to crank up the sound system to where the windows shake when playing the XBox.

The earthquake was no big deal.  Some shelves probably fell over at most, I doubt anyone got seriously hurt unless they were extreemly unlikely.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »

My oldest son was playing and he felt the house shaking more than usual and he didn't know why until his older sister came in and told him.  He likes to crank up the sound system to where the windows shake when playing the XBox.

The earthquake was no big deal.  Some shelves probably fell over at most, I doubt anyone got seriously hurt unless they were extreemly unlikely.

How do your homes cope out there with earthquakes?  Any extra work done in the construction of your homes to keep it safe for this stuff?  Or do you just have to deal with cracks in walls and foundation as a part of life?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
How do your homes cope out there with earthquakes?  Any extra work done in the construction of your homes to keep it safe for this stuff?  Or do you just have to deal with cracks in walls and foundation as a part of life?

I spent about 45K to replace my 100 year old brick and mortar foundation so I should be in good shape.  Most homes are built to deal with the occassional quake but nothing is going to keep cracks and broken windows from occuring.  The real science is in the contruction of high rises, those things can move and sway without catastrophic(SIC?) failure.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
I am in AZ so I am good but I have no idea how bad of shape my apartment is in...
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »
I am in AZ so I am good but I have no idea how bad of shape my apartment is in...

I'm sure all your sock puppet girlfriends are ok.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »

Hope his Blow up Barbie didn't get punctured by flying shards of his Cher-glitter.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
What was it . . . like 5.8 or 5.9? WoofOutWest has farted bigger than that. Gimme a break.  ::)

P.S. Glad everyone is okay. Even J.E. Magee.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »
What was it . . . like 5.8 or 5.9? WoofOutWest has farted bigger than that. Gimme a break.  ::)

It was a 5.4, which is about the height of BrayOutWest, come to think of it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 04:00:40 PM »

It was a 5.4, which is about the height of BrayOutWest, come to think of it.

5.4 and a QUARTER beeeyotch!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
5.4 barely gets you to notice, big deal!
Dan

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
I spent about 45K to replace my 100 year old brick and mortar foundation so I should be in good shape.  Most homes are built to deal with the occassional quake but nothing is going to keep cracks and broken windows from occuring.  The real science is in the contruction of high rises, those things can move and sway without catastrophic(SIC?) failure.

Actually my best friend from college sells earthquake dampers for a living.  Travels all over the world selling them.  They are for large commercial structures.   http://www.taylordevices.com/
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »

Hope his Blow up Barbie didn't get punctured by flying shards of his Cher-glitter.

I am surprised you know who Barbie is.  I thought for sure that you would have said Betty Bop or someone more in your range of age.  Could you explain to me what Cher Glitter is?  I don't get your 4 decade old references, sorry.

I am also disapointed that once again someone from California has to ride the back of a Mexican to get something done.  In this case it is a shot at the youngest and most attractive male on the board.  Did you at least give WOW some of your old blankets and maybe some old mountain bikes so he doesn't have to steal bikes from the local elementry school?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:45:10 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com