Author Topic: OT - I hate earthquakes  (Read 1987 times)

jemagee

OT - I hate earthquakes
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »
That is all

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: OT - I hate earthquakes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »
I hate reality shows.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
That is all

That was a 5.5 to 5.8, plus it was out near Corona and you're all the way in Santa Barbara.  WUSS!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:16:13 PM »
That was a 5.5 to 5.8, plus it was out near Corona and you're all the way in Santa Barbara.  WUSS!

If my office building moves, i don't like it, add the fact that my pretty new 24" imac just got here and i really don't like it, and yes, i'd rather endure torandos or hurricanes and blizzards than earth quakes...;

Supposedly centered in chino hills

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »

If my office building moves, i don't like it, add the fact that my pretty new 24" imac just got here and i really don't like it, and yes, i'd rather endure torandos or hurricanes and blizzards than earth quakes...;

LOL!  It can be a bit un-nerving if you're not used to it.  We have a buch of visitors from our corporate office and they started grabbing each other durring their meeting when the shaking started.  LMFAO!!!

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »

LOL!  It can be a bit un-nerving if you're not used to it.  We have a buch of visitors from our corporate office and they started grabbing each other durring their meeting when the shaking started.  LMFAO!!!

I moved out here in august AFTER the northridge quake so i haven't experienced any major things...this wasn't as bad as the last one, the last one the ground under my chair actually 'undulated' and i moved up and down...that freaked me out

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »
I moved out here in august AFTER the northridge quake so i haven't experienced any major things...this wasn't as bad as the last one, the last one the ground under my chair actually 'undulated' and i moved up and down...that freaked me out

The Northridge quake was a bit scary.  I remember thinking it was very violent and it wouldn't stop, I started to think "is this the big one?".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:50:11 PM »
I hate reality shows.

Ditto!!

Earthquakes are God's wrath against SoCal for creating them in the first place.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
I hate reality shows.

Ditto!!

Seeing as how god is 'all knowing' - he'd probably at least get the right nation.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »
I hate reality shows.

Ditto!!

Seeing as how god is 'all knowing' - he'd probably at least get the right nation.

True.

Must be some other reason <Lakers> that eludes me <Lakers>. But don't worry, <Lakers>, it will occur to me.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
I didn't feel it since I am in Arizona this week (god this state sucks a big one) but my mom lives out in Corona.  She said it shook the crap out of everything BIG TIME.  She is okay though.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »
I didn't feel it since I am in Arizona this week (god this state sucks a big one) but my mom lives out in Corona.  She said it shook the crap out of everything BIG TIME.  She is okay though.

Praise Allah that the quake did not hit Sactown, if everything got the crap shaken out of it there would be NOTHING left.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
Praise Allah that the quake did not hit Sactown, if everything got the crap shaken out of it there would be NOTHING left.

how would anyone tell the difference?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »

All our crap has already been sent down south via the Peripheral Canal. Praise Allah for blue water dye.