Author Topic: Eskin: Sixers about to sign Kareem Rush  (Read 26671 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Eskin: Sixers about to sign Kareem Rush
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
I think that once you get past the first 7-8 guys, which hopefully doesn't include Wille G, that guys get used situationally.  In that case mixing and matching among WG, Rush and Ivey according to matchups and game situations would seem to be a decent way to go.  Each has very different strengths and weaknesses.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »
I don't think Mo can resist playing willie green, i'm not even sure louis will be ahead of willie next year

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
Willie Green is Satan in high-tops. I don't think Mo has it in himself to sit to not use Willie. Hell, I'm almost expecting Willie to be the opening night starter at SG.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »
I was just about to say that Eskin was on top of the Brand signing when it the Sixers were still considered to have a little shot of landing him.

Do you think (not do you WANT) that Kareem Rush will be ahead of Willie Green on the depth chart???

I don't. Mo plays generally a 9 man rotation with 2 guys getting in the 8-15 minute range. I think Rush fits in the 8-15 minute range.

Last year, Miller, Iggy, Thad, Sam, Louis, Reggie, and Willie all averaged 20 minutes, while Jason Smith and Carney averaged 14. They were the only players to get into more than half of the games.

I see a Miller, Iggy, Brand, and Sammy playing 30+ minutes. Thad, Louis, and Willie playing 20+ as they did last year, and Rush and Reggie might get about 10-15mpg.

Either Smith or Speights won't log many minutes. I think it will be an open competition. They gave Thad minutes over Carney when he earned them. I'm sure Speights will have the opportunity to earn minutes over Smith. However, after Sam, Brand, and Reggie, there will not be many minutes left for those two.

Unless, there is a trade, I think Mo goes with Willie based on his rotation from last year.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
Unless, there is a trade, I think Mo goes with Willie based on his rotation from last year.

Well that sounds just wonderful...let's hope rush out plays willie (how hard can that really be?) in training camp.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 10:47:09 AM »
I think that once you get past the first 7-8 guys, which hopefully doesn't include Wille G, that guys get used situationally.  In that case mixing and matching among WG, Rush and Ivey according to matchups and game situations would seem to be a decent way to go.  Each has very different strengths and weaknesses.

I agree, but last season Willie was one of the 7-8 guys with a similar rotation.

Last year: Miller, Iggy, Louis, Willie, Thad, Carney, Ollie.

This year: Miller, Iggy, Louis, Willie, Thad, Rush, Ivey.

I think Willie might see his minutes decreased, but I still think he will be top 8 in minutes played.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

Well that sounds just wonderful...let's hope rush out plays willie (how hard can that really be?) in training camp.

Hopefully, because Willie doesn't stretch the floor, can't play point, can't defend big guards, at least Rush can shoot. I hope he is a filler in a larger trade or something.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »
The problem with that is that Thad got a lot of his 20 minutes a night at PF. With him now moving over to SF, it will reduce the available minutes at the swing position. Also with him now going into his 2nd season, I do expect him to see more minutes per game. Here's what I expect.

PG: Miller (35 MPG)/ Williams (13)
SG: Iguodala (28)/ Williams (12)/ Green [8]
SF: Young (32)/Iguodala (10)/Rush (6)
PF: Brand (33)/Evans (15)
C: Dalembert (33)/Smith (10)/Brand (5)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:54:30 AM by TheGuiltyParty »

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 10:59:39 AM »
The problem with that is that Thad got a lot of his 20 minutes a night at PF. With him now moving over to SF, it will reduce the available minutes at the swing position. Also with him now going into his 2nd season, I do expect him to see more minutes per game. Here's what I expect.

PG: Miller (35 MPG)/ Williams (13)
SG: Iguodala (28)/ Williams (12)/ Green [8]
SF: Young (32)/Iguodala (10)/Rush (6)
PF: Brand (33)/Evans (15)
C: Dalembert (33)/Smith (10)/Brand (5)

I could see Iggy playing a little more small forward if Lou Williams keeps progressing. He is a guy that they may end up getting more than 15 per game. I say give him Willie's 8 minutes.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 11:03:44 AM »
LOL! I think you have your math wrong. :-)

12+13=25... NOT 15!

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »
LOL! I think you have your math wrong. :-)

12+13=25... NOT 15!

And I'm a math teacher. Jeez

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
Well... then that make it's even funnier.

If this signing does in fact happen then according to Chad Ford, we will be locking up the #7 UFA on the market. WOO HOO!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents-080629

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »

If this signing does in fact happen then according to Chad Ford, we will be locking up the #7 UFA on the market. WOO HOO!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents-080629

Just make sure Lou W. doesn't take Chad's advice and sign the qualifying offer, of course considering how low the QO is for Lou he would be insance not to take a 3 year deal at $5+ million per.  He's set for life and a UFA in the prime of his career that way.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »

I'll take the "big man with a pulse" as well.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 03:59:55 PM »

I'll take the "big man with a pulse" as well.

I guess I'd take Elson. Might be better than Booth for a 5th big. However, after Brand, Sam, Reggie, Smith, and Speights, could Elson or Booth even get on our active roster.

One guy I still would like is Quinton Ross. He should be able to get more than the minimum, but if not, I think he could get into our rotation ahead of Willie or Rush. He is a very good defender.

Maybe Brand knows him and could get him to sign for cheap, but probably not.