Author Topic: Kwame coming back to Lakers?  (Read 8708 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Kwame coming back to Lakers?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »
So? Your burning type of, mood, is moot.

My mood is NOT silent, it just feels obsolete now since Kwame is probably going to the Pistons.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 01:25:53 PM »
So? Your burning type of, mood, is moot.

My mood is NOT silent, it just feels obsolete now since Kwame is probably going to the Pistons.

Well, then, you can rute for Kwame from afar as he plies his traid as a Piston.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Why would you want to have sex with kwame?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »

Have you seen his naked butt?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »

Have you seen his naked butt?
So he smokes too?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
I hadn't heard this story, of course I'm not following the media as closely these days in the off season. 

Ziggy, where is that article from?  It sounds like it's written more for "Entertainment Tonight" type tabloid journalism, rather than a factual, legit story. 

Anyway, as horrible as Kwame is on offense, he is a very good one on one defender.  If he's an insurance policy who is seated waaay at the end of the bench AND the Lakers can pay him the minimum, I think it's a fine move.  He can certainly contribute more the Mihm at this point. 

That said, I won't believe this story until it's reported on the AP wire. 

It is kind of mute (the proper word is mute and not moot, is it not Jomal?) at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

You're kidding, right?

What do you think?  Am I or am I not?

Just trying to raise the level of grammar and discourse, thought I would get confirmation from one of the 2 guy's older than me here.  I guess next time I will ask Laker Dan.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »
I hadn't heard this story, of course I'm not following the media as closely these days in the off season. 

Ziggy, where is that article from?  It sounds like it's written more for "Entertainment Tonight" type tabloid journalism, rather than a factual, legit story. 

Anyway, as horrible as Kwame is on offense, he is a very good one on one defender.  If he's an insurance policy who is seated waaay at the end of the bench AND the Lakers can pay him the minimum, I think it's a fine move.  He can certainly contribute more the Mihm at this point. 

It is kind of mute (the proper word is mute and not moot, is it not Jomal?) at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

You're kidding, right?

Just trying to raise the level of grammar and discourse, thought I would get confirmation from one of the 2 guy's older than me here.  I guess next time I will ask Laker Dan.

As one of the forgotten ancients on this site I will comment:

Either (mute/moot) can be correct depending upon the meaning that you mean to employ.  If you are saying that the point is now silent (in other words not relevant) then MUTE is the correct spelling.  If you are saying that the point is now arguable or debatable then MOOT would be the spelling you should use.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

You're kidding, right?

As one of the forgotten ancients on this site I will comment:

Either (mute/moot) can be correct depending upon the meaning that you mean to employ.  If you are saying that the point is now silent (in other words not relevant) then MUTE is the correct spelling.  If you are saying that the point is now arguable or debatable then MOOT would be the spelling you should use.

"Mute" can also be suggested for Reality's next interpretation of anything, while moot is a good term to use anytime a SoCal poster wants to reinterate (!) <damned keyboard> the Laker Wheel regarding any topic basketball related down there.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:27:18 PM by JoMal »

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:23 PM »
reinterate

Huh

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

Uhmmmm....NO!

Mute = Silence
Moot = Obsolete/Irrelavent

moot was the appropriate usage in terms of a point being irrelavent or the sound the owl makes.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
HOOT

HOOT

HOOT

I also can turn my neck around 360 degrees

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »

Mute:
It is kind of SILENT at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008

Moot:
It is kind of IRRELAVANT/OBSOLETE at this point, but I found it at Hoopshype, and it was written by Roland Lazenby. July 24, 2008
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »

Uhmmmm....NO!

Mute = Silence

moot was the appropriate usage in terms of a point being irrelavent or the sound the owl makes.

Well I found my definitions in a book called a dictionary that tends to be more accurate than the web based dictionaries.  And MOOT is not defined as obsolete NOR irrelavent (sic).

Now if you want to take a meaning that is applied in the legal system then you are getting closer.  When a point has become moot then it no longer has legal significance through a previously decided or settled point.  Or it becomes a discussion for academic purposes only.  This is actually the meaning that I believe most people are trying to grasp when they say a point is moot.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »

Uhmmmm....NO!

Mute = Silence

Well I found my definitions in a book called a dictionary that tends to be more accurate than the web based dictionaries.  And MOOT is not defined as obsolete NOR irrelavent (sic).

Now if you want to take a meaning that is applied in the legal system then you are getting closer.  When a point has become moot then it no longer has legal significance through a previously decided or settled point.  Or it becomes a discussion for academic purposes only.  This is actually the meaning that I believe most people are trying to grasp when they say a point is moot.

I just think people liike to say "moot" out loud when they type the word.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »

I didn't look up the words, just from memory so maybe I am wrong.  :-[
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"