Author Topic: Tayshaun for Artest  (Read 3963 times)

noah

Tayshaun for Artest
« on: July 24, 2008, 01:46:05 AM »
My source tells me that DET and SAC have agreed to trade Tayshaun Prince for Ron Artest and filler...

This news came down latenight tonight..... It will probably be made official soon.

What do you think?

Billups/Stuckey
Rip
Artest
McDyess
Sheed

That's a pretty nasty lineup, IMO it's better than the Sixers as currently constructed.... Somewhat old front-line, but man it's gonna be hard to score on them... For all of the Celtics' big 3 stars, they won the championship on defense last year.... If Iggy shot 30% in the playoffs this year against Tayshaun Prince, I can't imagine how irrelevant he'll be in a serious against Ron Artest.  Granted, he was the focal point last year, and now he'll be a secondary option.

But if this deal stands, I believe the ball is in Eddie's court to make another move... I have this sneaky suspicion something might happen with Iggy, a la Tayshaun Prince getting flipped for a better piece to the puzzle.

Offline phillychuck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tayshaun for Artest
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:48:45 AM »
You're showing too much love for Artest and not enough for Prince.  In a lot of ways Prince is the better defensive player.  Prince was Detroit's 3rd best +/- player, I don't think losing him will help them (depending on filler, fo course...).

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »
Wow, Sheed and Ron-Ron in the same locker room.  Watch for early success followed by a thermonuclear explosion.  Curry better be the strong minded coach everyone in Detroit claims him to be.

As for Iggy, unless he has a big offer on the table from Europe, I would offer him what the team believes is fair value.  If he doesn't take it and signs the QO, so be it.  We get a year to see how he fits in at SG, we can still re-sign him next year, he played well this year with contract pressure on him and we retain his Bird rights which might get us something in a S&T next year even though he is unrestricted.  Plus if he leaves next year, we get enough cap space to go after a different FA or two that might be a better fit.  Trading Iggy for fair value will be very difficult this summer with his BYC status.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »
Maybe I'm in the wrong, but Prince TORTURED us in the playoffs the past 2 times we made it and so I'd much rather see Artest in Detroit than Prince. This seems like a great trade for the Kings.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54:46 AM »
Ron Artest when sane is known as one of the best defenders in the game...i wouldn't go 'woo hoo' no one to stop iguodala right now.

So noah has 100% reliability?

Offline doc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »
Interesting if it happens...especially after the whole brawl that happened at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
Nothing anywhere in any media that i'm reading or watcing this morning

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
Ron Artest when sane is known as one of the best defenders in the game...i wouldn't go 'woo hoo' no one to stop iguodala right now.

So noah has 100% reliability?

It doesn't take much to stop Iguodala's offensive game. It doesn't have to be a top notch defender like Prince, Artest, or Bowen to do that but Prince murdered us on both ends of the floor. His FG% was off of the charts in a couple of games against us and so I'll be happy as hell if he heads West.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
Interesting if it happens...especially after the whole brawl that happened at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

With the Pacers losing JO and the Pistons adding Artest, I think the Piston should be able to beat up the Pacers pretty badly- both on and off the court.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »
All I seem to recall JO doing during that brawl was landing a haymaker on Turtle from Entourage. The real badass of that brawl was Stephen Jackson going apeshit in the stands.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tqdI-VyR-o

In rewatching that debacle... I totally blame Rasheed. If Sheed would have kept his jaws shut, the tension would have died down and the game would have ended. Instead, Sheed kept flapping his gums which further delayed the game and then BAM!... Artest gets hit with a cup and it's on.

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »
Artest gets hit with a cup and it's on.

Sorry, right there, that's on Artest to be the bigger man and walk aaway from the idiot fan...rasheeds a moron, but artest bears a lot of culpability in escalation.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »
Artest gets hit with a cup and it's on.

Sorry, right there, that's on Artest to be the bigger man and walk aaway from the idiot fan...rasheeds a moron, but artest bears a lot of culpability in escalation.

It's true. He should have taken the hit and then walked away.

While I was looking up that brawl video, I came up this gem of Artest pulling down Paul Pierce's shorts in a game and then later on, he sings a song during the Pacers pregame show as a way of apologizing. He really is insane and if Joe Dumars is going to pair him up with Sheed, then I say good luck to Coach Curry.

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »
Sure it's from a distance, but Rasheed Wallace and Ron Artest seem to me so OBVIOUSLY in need of pysho therapy/psychopharmacology it's beyond belief...i've thought wallace primary issue was ADD/ADHD for most of his career, the whole 'motivation' thing that people talk about combined with other behaviors just smells like it to me.

Artest seems to me to have some serious issues as well and if i was trading for him agrteeing to counselling with a professional would be a contingency

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 12:13:18 PM »
That pre-game video I linked above of Artest singing really feels like an old WWF promo video. Seriously, Artest is great for entertainment purposes but the man is off of his rocker. Also, there's still nothing about this trade that "noah" said would happen. I've never known him to have sources before and this is leaving me with some doubts.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »
A lot of people have tried to say how well balanced Ron Artest has been lately, but he has been in a low-stress environment with a below mediocre Sacto team in a fairly mild media-market.  His statements still make him seem very unstable and moving him to a more volatile or just higher pressure situation like Detroit is just asking for trouble.  Label him with whatever diagnosis you want, but Artest clearly has significant mental health problems.