Author Topic: New York Governor signs stupid redundant bill into law  (Read 3369 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New York Governor signs stupid redundant bill into law
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
Because the point I was trying to make was a different one.
Let's stop playing the cryptic bs and say it.

I thought it was rather obvious, since i kind of quoted it.

Your basis of argument seemed to be that the PS2 was still the best selling console...which was an easily disproved fact, so i disproved it.

It was third for 2007 and since PS3 sales are growing, I wouldn't be surprised to see it fourth in 2008.

No the basis of my argument wasn't exactly how much the PS2 was selling as much as the fact that it is still selling.  It does not have parental controls in place that limit the types of games children can play.  *IF* the law was to make all consoles being sold have that type of security built into it then it wouldn't exactly be redundant.

Just because the PS2 is not selling as much as the other consoles doesn't mean it's not selling.  Sony is still putting it's weight behind it for all of 2009 by announcing another 50 or so titles for it coming out.  So it wouldn't be a stretch to hear about it continuing to sell into 2010.  Yes it is behind the XBOX360 and Wii....but it still moved almost 4 million units.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »
Didn't say it wasn't selling did i?

I just didn't state, inaccurately, that it was the top selling console last year, cause it was 3rd, and i bet if you looked it up you'd find that it's fourth this year, and in '10 years' which was a crappy frame of reference since most of the next gen haven't been out for ten years (and probably won't last 10 years) the PS2 will probably be more of a museum piece...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
Didn't say it wasn't selling did i?

Again...how you are failling to understand what I am telling you, I have no idea.  The console is going to continue to sell and does not have parental controls in place to keep kids from playing certain games that are out of their range as defined by the ESRB.  So would it make sense if Sony was required to put better parental controls in those systems.  They've done it in their newer systems.

I just didn't state, inaccurately, that it was the top selling console last year, cause it was 3rd, and i bet if you looked it up you'd find that it's fourth this year, and in '10 years' which was a crappy frame of reference since most of the next gen haven't been out for ten years (and probably won't last 10 years) the PS2 will probably be more of a museum piece...

Actually..Mr. Know-It-All Sony has maped out a 10-year life cycle for their two systems.  There is a 10 year life cycle for Playstation 2 and Playstation 3.  You seem to be really good at using Google so why not use it and find out.  Btw..the Playstation 2 came out in 2000.   Not only is Sony still supporting it but they are continuing to put out games for it all the way through 2009. 

Unless magically people stop playing the Playstation 2 on Dec 31st, 2009 and no games will ever come out for it again after that date...you're wrong.

Jack Tretton launched Sony's E3 press conference today by claiming the stress of today's big Sony PR event has taken two years off his life. Now just imagine the stress for all those fretting fanboys. (Doesn't two years convert into something like 12 in FanYears?) It's the only upside to fanboy-ism: they shuffle off this mortal coil faster. But I digress...

During his intro, Tretton at one point claimed consoles have (or ought to have) a 10-year life cycle. Say what? No they shouldn't! Err, I mean yes they should? I guess whether you agree with Sony on this extremely bold assertion depends on whether you think the PS2 was a one-hit wonder or the heady prognosticator of things to come. Me, I say the PS2's going to be around into the next decade

To sum it up nicely in regards to the Playstation consoles having a 10 year "life"

I'll trust the video game journalists over you...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:10:26 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com