Author Topic: New York Governor signs stupid redundant bill into law  (Read 3389 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: New York Governor signs stupid redundant bill into law
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »
Wrong...that would be ME!

WoW, someone's got to tell you this . . . and since you already detest me, I'll do it.

Based on how often you've been agreeing with J.E. Magee in the last couple of weeks, you have officially been dubbed Mini-Magee. It's been going around for a couple of days now, and I just didn't feel right passing it on behind your hack.

Hmmm...reading comprehension is a lost "art".  The only thing I detest about you Ted is your BS assertion that you're in the publishing buisness and you write things like "behind your HACK".  Hack indeed!  Have one of you teenage wives spell check your posts before Lakerfan Dan shows up and kicks you out of the Christian club for such agregious (sic?) offenses.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »

Now I can see where there is room for interpretation in that I can buy a NEW Playstation 2 but I HIGHLY doubt you thought it through that far.  I'm just trying to throw you a life line here.

Actually that's exactly what I am telling you.  Not all the systems being sold have that feature in place.  The nintendo ds and the playstation 2 come to mind.  The playstation 2 is still selling like hot cakes.

My question was asking what they meant by parental controls.  Neither you or your sidekick have been able to point out where it specifically says what they mean by parental controls.  The PS2 has parental controls...for DVDs but not video games.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:13:28 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »
Actually that's exactly what I am telling you.

Yea sure.  I always find it amazing how people "figure" things out AFTER it's pointed out to them.  Life isn't all about "Next->Next->Next->Next->Next->Next->Finish".

P.S. weakkoast  :-*
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »
Actually that's exactly what I am telling you.

Yea sure.  I always find it amazing how people "figure" things out AFTER it's pointed out to them.  Life isn't all about "Next->Next->Next->Next->Next->Next->Finish".

P.S. weakkoast  :-*

It's not my fault that you failed to read what I was asking before trying to hurry up and make a sarcastic comment.

I made it perfectly clear that the playstation 2 is still selling and it doesn't have a feature to lock people out from anything but DVDs.  Guess you didn't understand the "Playstation 2 is the highest selling console over the past 10 years" part.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
I made it perfectly clear that the playstation 2 is still selling and it doesn't have a feature to lock people out from anything but DVDs.  Guess you didn't understand the "Playstation 2 is the highest selling console over the past 10 years" part.

And how has it done now that the next generation of games has come into the forefront...you know, not the time when its only competitioni was the weaklys supported game cube and the immature xbox?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »

And how has it done now that the next generation of games has come into the forefront...you know, not the time when its only competitioni was the weaklys supported game cube and the immature xbox?

All of last year it was outselling both the Xbox360 and the PS3.

That is why Sony is continuing to put push behind it and put out games.  The system has continued to sell very well even though the Xbox 360 has been out for 3 years and the PS3 for 2.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »

Quote from: gamespot.com
Indeed, 2007 was the first full year which saw all three of the one-time next-generation consoles on the market at the same time. The year saw 2.56 million PlayStation 3s sold domestically, bringing its lifetime-to-date total to 3.25 million units. Its older brother, the PlayStation 2, sold 3.97 million units to hit 41.12 million units LTD, while its smaller sibling, the PlayStation Portable (PSP), sold 3.82 million units during the year, moving 10.47 million units since its March 2005 debut.

Unsurprisingly, the year's most popular console was the Nintendo Wii. With 6.29 million units sold domestically in 2007, the console's cheaper price tag and mass-market strategy clearly paid off, bringing its US lifetime sales to 7.38 million. While impressive, that number is a mere 41 percent of the DS's massive 17.65-million-unit lifetime total, 8.50 million of which were sold in 2007--making it the undisputed top non-PC platform.

As for the Xbox 360, it sold 4.62 million units during the year, bringing the two-year-old console's US LTD total to 9.15 million units. Though it was hit by a billion-dollar hardware failure controversy, the console ended the year on a high note, selling 1.26 million units in December alone, just behind the Wii's 1.35 million-unit take for the month. However, the recently discounted PlayStation 3 also had a solid month, falling just 2,400 units short of the 800,000-unit mark.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »

Quote from: gamespot.com
Indeed, 2007 was the first full year which saw all three of the one-time next-generation consoles on the market at the same time. The year saw 2.56 million PlayStation 3s sold domestically, bringing its lifetime-to-date total to 3.25 million units. Its older brother, the PlayStation 2, sold 3.97 million units to hit 41.12 million units LTD, while its smaller sibling, the PlayStation Portable (PSP), sold 3.82 million units during the year, moving 10.47 million units since its March 2005 debut.

Unsurprisingly, the year's most popular console was the Nintendo Wii. With 6.29 million units sold domestically in 2007, the console's cheaper price tag and mass-market strategy clearly paid off, bringing its US lifetime sales to 7.38 million. While impressive, that number is a mere 41 percent of the DS's massive 17.65-million-unit lifetime total, 8.50 million of which were sold in 2007--making it the undisputed top non-PC platform.

As for the Xbox 360, it sold 4.62 million units during the year, bringing the two-year-old console's US LTD total to 9.15 million units. Though it was hit by a billion-dollar hardware failure controversy, the console ended the year on a high note, selling 1.26 million units in December alone, just behind the Wii's 1.35 million-unit take for the month. However, the recently discounted PlayStation 3 also had a solid month, falling just 2,400 units short of the 800,000-unit mark.

I stand corrected however...both the playstation 2 and the nintendo ds do not have parental controls in them that keep children from playing specific games.  So this is not really helping your point.  There are almost 60 million units of playstation 2 and nintendo ds' out there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:21:44 PM by westkoast »

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 12:21:38 PM »
Well actually, posting that did help the point i was trying to make.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
Well actually, posting that did help the point i was trying to make.

How so?

There are 60 million consoles out there that do not have video game parental controls built into them.  Of the 3 major companies that sell video game consoles, 2 of them have top selling consoles that do not have it in place.  So if there is a law to make ALL consoles being sold have a video game parental control then the law wouldn't really be 100% redundant would it?

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »
Because the point I was trying to make was a different one.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »

Let's stop playing the cryptic bs and say it.

Based on your own question and what you posted...the playstation 2 is doing pretty well up against the next generation consoles.  Not just when its competition like older systems and the weak first generation xbox were in play.

This year at E3 Sony announced a bunch more titles for the Playstation 2.  Nintendo announced 0 for the game cube and Microsoft announced 0 for the first generation Xbox.  What does that tell you?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »
What does that tell you?

That the legislation is redundant and a waste of time.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »
Let's stop playing the cryptic bs and say it.

I thought it was rather obvious, since i kind of quoted it.

Your basis of argument seemed to be that the PS2 was still the best selling console...which was an easily disproved fact, so i disproved it.

It was third for 2007 and since PS3 sales are growing, I wouldn't be surprised to see it fourth in 2008.

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »
That the legislation is redundant and a waste of time.

In his defense, most legislations is usually redundant and/or a waste of tiem, much like most legislators are a waste of natural resources that could be better used, no?