Author Topic: Looks like the Jazz have signed Williams  (Read 3815 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Looks like the Jazz have signed Williams
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

Re: Looks like the Jazz have signed Williams
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
I guess the 'non max' extension is the new hot thing, 3 years with an option (player) for a fourth so the guy can maximize his earnings but the team gets some more stability for at least 3 more seasons after his rookie deal runs out.

Course, if it were me, i'd take a little less money to get the hell out of utah

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:26:21 AM »
I guess the 'non max' extension is the new hot thing, 3 years with an option (player) for a fourth so the guy can maximize his earnings but the team gets some more stability for at least 3 more seasons after his rookie deal runs out.

Course, if it were me, i'd take a little less money to get the hell out of utah

To go where?!?!

The Jazz team is solid.  They are a contending team.  He is very much loved in Utah and this is his team.  I see no reason to jump ship if I were him.  The franchise obviously treats their players very well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
On Principle I wouldn't want to be employed by Larry Miller
On Principle I wouldn't want to live in Utah

and in 3 years when boozer and probably kirilenko are gone, who knows how good they'll really be.

I personally think the jazz are about to slide down in the western conference anyway, but my statement if you'll look at it wasn't saying 'i'd want to get off the utah jazz', it was saying 'i'd want to get out of utah'

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
On Principle I wouldn't want to live in Utah

and in 3 years when boozer and probably kirilenko are gone, who knows how good they'll really be.

I personally think the jazz are about to slide down in the western conference anyway, but my statement if you'll look at it wasn't saying 'i'd want to get off the utah jazz', it was saying 'i'd want to get out of utah'

Oh okay lol.  I read it as run from the franchise.  As far as Utah the city....I've been there a few times and it's a nice place to visit.  The area is beautiful.  I however feel the same way you do when it comes to living there.  Not my cup of tea.  Im just fine with my smog, traffic, and beaches.

Teaming Williams up with any half way decent big man is going to make your team solid IMO so I don't see Boozer jumping ship as a huge problem as long as they can fill his spot.  He's not exactly a player that could never be replaced.

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
I live in a beautiful area, much more beautiful than any part of utah, and don't care much about mountains or oceans, all it really does is cause real estate prices to be way high, give me smog and concrete and steam and r-rated movies and caffine any day of the week.

I also think you underestimate how good carlos boozer really is

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:52 AM »
I live in a beautiful area, much more beautiful than any part of utah, and don't care much about mountains or oceans, all it really does is cause real estate prices to be way high, give me smog and concrete and steam and r-rated movies and caffine any day of the week.

I also think you underestimate how good carlos boozer really is

Zion National Park is amazing.  I don't know if you live in an area nicer then that.  One of our Utah residence probably has photos to share of trips there.

It's not that I underestimate how good Carlos Boozer really is but he's not Tim Duncan or KG is what im saying.  He has talent but there will be a number of players that come into the league through out Williams career that will be on the same level as him.  I consider him a second tier big man.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:45:33 AM »
I work a block from the ocean in santa barbara, plus about 3 blocks from some serious mountains...but like i said, i'm not impressed with nature in general, bores me :)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
I work a block from the ocean in santa barbara, plus about 3 blocks from some serious mountains...but like i said, i'm not impressed with nature in general, bores me :)

Wait you are a California resident but a Sixers fan?!?!

SB is pretty awesome I have to agree.  Utah does have it's spots as well. 

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
I didn't grow up (thank god) in California...I came out here for grad school, quit after 3 years and got caught in the santa barbara vortex...i grew up in the suburbs of philadelphia...i'm a philadlephia sports fan (thank god again, i couldn't stand being an LA sports fan)...

As for SB being beautiful, I suppose...but like i said, nature doesn't impress me as much as others, and i'm really not willing to over pay on real estate

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
I didn't grow up (thank god) in California...I came out here for grad school, quit after 3 years and got caught in the santa barbara vortex...i grew up in the suburbs of philadelphia...i'm a philadlephia sports fan (thank god again, i couldn't stand being an LA sports fan)...

As for SB being beautiful, I suppose...but like i said, nature doesn't impress me as much as others, and i'm really not willing to over pay on real estate

You just said where you live is more beautiful then any place in Utah....but then now you only suppose it's beautiful?

You don't like California much...but you choose to live here?

You are quote the confusing guy jemagee heh

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »
I'm told that santa barbara is beatiful by people who care about nature and what it looks like, they tell me it's the most beautiful place to live, so i take them at their word...i don't care about the beauty of nature, it gets in the way of things.

If I had a choice, no i wouldn't live here, but it's where the job is, and like i said, stuck in the vortex, and if this herbal coffee thing ever takes off those stock options are going to be worht a pretty penny...it's (hopefully) a temporary inconvenience towards moving back east with a lot more financial stability and freedom

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »
I don't know much about Santa Barbara, so I can't really say whether it's a good place to live.

If beauty doesn't matter to you and you like where you live, that's great for you.

I enjoy living in Utah, but I am definitely keeping my eyes open for opportunities elsewhere. I grew up in Illinois and have always liked the area around Chicago.

I'm not sure if you were talking about Utah real estate prices, or prices outside of Santa Barbara in general. I live in a nice, quiet town about 45 miles south of Salt Lake and about 5 miles south of Provo, and I own a nice 2,500 sq. foot home on just under a half acre nestled at the foot of the mountains, and my house payment is under $700. I could go on and on about Utah unemployment and crime rates, but I really don't care if people like this place or not. It is what it is.

One other thing . . . nature "bores" you. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. What about nature is boring to you?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:12:44 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 10:08:04 AM »

Good news for you; LHM has been in the hospital for a few weeks now with symptoms of diabetes and just named his son, Greg Miller, CEO of LHM Companies. Larry is on his way out.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »

Good news for you; LHM has been in the hospital for a few weeks now with symptoms of diabetes and just named his son, Greg Miller, CEO of LHM Companies. Larry is on his way out.

A.  Don't wish the man dead (and yes i know he's in the hospital)
B.  Don't expect the sons belief system/politics are much different than the fathers, hence wouldn't wanna work for him either