Author Topic: Movies Hancock and Batman  (Read 15009 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Movies Hancock and Batman
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »
I scrolled down and all i read was:
The Dark Knight is for REAL!!!!  Like I said, viciously dark!

Does this mean it's like a downer movie or what.
Describe how dark is being used here.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 10:15:29 PM »
Ah, but it is BECAUSE of Tigh that Apollo is a possibility. He aged.

But what really clinched it for me was when the Cylon Leoben Conoy whispered to Roslin that Adama was a Cylon. It was meant to imply the Admiral, William Adama, but I believe he meant the son, Lee.

I guess I missed that Cylon and Roslin interaction.  I was reading what's in the works for BSG and came across "Caprica".  It's supposed to have the look and field of that show "Mad Men", a 50's style, and it's about the creation of the Cylon race.  The scientist who creates the Cylons uses the DNA of his dead daughter to create the first cylon.  He is assisted by Joseph Adama, William Adama's father or grandfather, not sure which he is but he also lost his children in the same incident as the scientist and he also wants to bring his dead children back in cylon form so I think it will be one of the Adama's who is revealed as the final cylon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »
Dark - as in serious, dangerous, with heavy doses of hopelessness and pessismism.  In other words, like Batman is supposed to be.  Don't know what the movie got, but it should get an "R".  It's not a kid's movie.  It's not a kid's Batman or a kid's Joker.  And yet, a child's logic cuts directly to the chase - there are such evils out there than the only solution to them is a controlled, measured evil - if such a thing exists - and in such a case, that must be "good."

Think of the Batman who, in the first movie, said in response to a criminal saying, "I swear to God!" replied, "SWEAR TO ME!"  That's dark.  That's the terrifying character that Batman is supposed to be. 

And in this movie, his adversary is something even DARKER - something very close to the border of what we can realistically consider human on only our most generous of days - the kind of evil that makes everyone around agree - even the most liberal of liberals - all agree, "Kill it."  ("it" chosen purposely, rather than "him.")  Something beyond savagery - something utterly without conscience, and perhaps even without soul.

That's what we're talking about when we say "Dark."

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
That was, easily, one of the top 5 movie villains of all time.  I don't think I have one complaint about how the Joker was done, not even one minor disagreement, not even one thing I thought could have been improved upon.  I  honestly hope they never make another batman movie (I know they will), because that's the way batman is supposed to be done.

Jack was put to shame.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:10:23 PM by Derek Bodner »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
Dark - as in serious, dangerous, with heavy doses of hopelessness and pessismism.  In other words, like Batman is supposed to be.  Don't know what the movie got, but it should get an "R".  It's not a kid's movie.  It's not a kid's Batman or a kid's Joker.  And yet, a child's logic cuts directly to the chase - there are such evils out there than the only solution to them is a controlled, measured evil - if such a thing exists - and in such a case, that must be "good."

Think of the Batman who, in the first movie, said in response to a criminal saying, "I swear to God!" replied, "SWEAR TO ME!"  That's dark.  That's the terrifying character that Batman is supposed to be. 

And in this movie, his adversary is something even DARKER - something very close to the border of what we can realistically consider human on only our most generous of days - the kind of evil that makes everyone around agree - even the most liberal of liberals - all agree, "Kill it."  ("it" chosen purposely, rather than "him.")  Something beyond savagery - something utterly without conscience, and perhaps even without soul.

That's what we're talking about when we say "Dark." 
Amen and thank you.
Kill, hate, blow up, kill, hate, blow up, kill more, hate more, blow up more, kill more, hate more, blow up more.  The end.

What a joker this was only rated pg-13.

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »
Well there probably wasn't much nudity or sexuality so why would it be rated R?

THis is america son, violence and blood ok, human body not

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »
- all agree, "Kill it."  ("it" chosen purposely, rather than "him.")  Something beyond savagery - something utterly without conscience, and perhaps even without soul. 
Btw, i know this is elementary to Batwatchers, but why does Batman refuse to kill the Joker?

Just to keep the story going?

jemagee

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
No, heroes don't kill, batman doesn't kill, batman doesn't use a gun...

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »
Because not killing is the only thing that separates Batman from BECOMING the Joker.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
Because not killing is the only thing that separates Batman from BECOMING the Joker.

That and not being a sociopath

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

I thought it was the lipstick...  :-\
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »

jemagee
That and not being a sociopath

Ummn yeah Joe, in addition to not killing, wouldn't the Batman need to terrorize people, backstab any and all associates with regularity, hold knives in and up to innocent peoples mouths while schpeeling to them about his parents (i found this to be extremely disturbing, do not know why on Earth anyone would want their offspring to see), dress like a Laker and well, lets just leave these for openers as qualifyers for Bat becoming the Joker.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 01:36:12 PM »
OK, jus6t saw it last night at the Alamo Draft House - great place by the way - I loved the movie, it was "Dark" and Heath OWNED that role, sorry Jack, but Heath WAS the joker, I loved his character, it wasn't "I'm crazy, insane, hee hee hahaha!!"  It was just he is a force of nature, he is chaos incarnate.  And you never really get to know WHO, WHAT, OR WHY he IS.  I don't know, I don't know what other film villain could top this joker, this man was just cold...I mean COLD.    How do you top THIS movie for Part 3???
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
Ummn yeah Joe, in addition to not killing, wouldn't the Batman need to terrorize people, backstab any and all associates with regularity, hold knives in and up to innocent peoples mouths while schpeeling to them about his parents (i found this to be extremely disturbing, do not know why on Earth anyone would want their offspring to see), dress like a Laker and well, lets just leave these for openers as qualifyers for Bat becoming the Joker.

FYI,

The Joker changed the story about his "smile" with every victim, I guess you pay as much attention at the movies as you do to NBA games.  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »