Author Topic: Movies Hancock and Batman  (Read 15016 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Movies Hancock and Batman
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
You are ALL Dark Dorks!

But not regarding BSG. THAT is one awesome show. My wife and I GEEK OUT over it. <SPOILER ALERT> I am leaning toward Apollo being the last hidden toaster.

We never go see movies at the theaters any more, unless it is in Paris or San Francisco. Here in SacTown, the true cowpatty kickers around here ruin it and movies cost too much to waste spending any time trying to watch them with the nonsense going on around us. In that regard, I AM too old for it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »
You are ALL Dark Dorks!

But not regarding BSG. THAT is one awesome show. My wife and I GEEK OUT over it. <SPOILER ALERT> I am leaning toward Apollo being the last hidden toaster.

We never go see movies at the theaters any more, unless it is in Paris or San Francisco. Here in SacTown, the true cowpatty kickers around here ruin it and movies cost too much to waste spending any time trying to watch them with the nonsense going on around us. In that regard, I AM too old for it.

I don't know if you are too old for it because I feel the same way you do yet am about a quarter of your age.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
You are ALL Dark Dorks!

FYI old timer, that is NOT a spoiler unless you got some info to support your GUESS.  Since you are guessing I would clasify it as a GUESS, not a spoiler.  I must give you some credit, I would expect a lot more "senior moments" from some like you, but you seem to hold your own ok, espeicially against the lil pup around here.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »
Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss BSG "guesses" but I don't think Apollo is a candidate because that would mean either Adama or his wife would have had to of been one of the final 5 so it would make it 6.  Adama, Roslin, Baltar and obviously Starbuck are candidates.  IMO Baltar and Starbuck are too obvious.  Apollo could be if he was abducted and replaced but that is highly unlikely.  Not sure if Tai was around durring the first cylon war, the first reference to Tai is when Adama got his first command so IMO the final 5 where around durring the first cylon war.  Not sure if they kept the young final 5 cylons under wraps or where they were all this time cause they are to young to have been around durring Tia's time.

IMO Starbuck is the #1 option but it seems like the writers made that obvious to throw the fans off the scent.  IMO it's probably going to be Roslin or Adama, since cylons can have kids Adama would work.  I will throw my vote a Roslin, she makes sense and anybody else other than Adama, Baltar or Starbuck would be a total let down so it's really between those 4 and I'll go with the President by circumstance leader of the human race to be a non-human.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
You are ALL Dark Dorks!

I don't know if you are too old for it because I feel the same way you do yet am about a quarter of your age.

JoMal is used to the silver screen when everyone was silent....in the movie and in the audience.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
You are ALL Dark Dorks!

FYI old timer, that is NOT a spoiler unless you got some info to support your GUESS.  Since you are guessing I would clasify it as a GUESS, not a spoiler.  I must give you some credit, I would expect a lot more "senior moments" from some like you, but you seem to hold your own ok, espeicially against the lil pup around here.

Okay, a guess. But that is why the show is so intriquing.

And why would you expect more "senior moments" from me? While WK may be young, the rest of you are, what, pushing (or pulling) 40, I would guess. Doesn't make you all THAT much younger then me, plus, um, if any of you are anticipating slowing down as you pass 50, let me tell you, the only expectations that change are those of the people around you. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »

And why would you expect more "senior moments" from me? While WK may be young, the rest of you are, what, pushing (or pulling) 40, I would guess. Doesn't make you all THAT much younger then me, plus, um, if any of you are anticipating slowing down as you pass 50, let me tell you, the only expectations that change are those of the people around you. 

I'm pushing.  I guess you're having a senior moment right now since you've forgotten we've met in person and you saying you're passing 50 is equivalent to me saying I'm passing 15.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 12:39:29 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss BSG "guesses" but I don't think Apollo is a candidate because that would mean either Adama or his wife would have had to of been one of the final 5 so it would make it 6.  Adama, Roslin, Baltar and obviously Starbuck are candidates.  IMO Baltar and Starbuck are too obvious.  Apollo could be if he was abducted and replaced but that is highly unlikely.  Not sure if Tai was around durring the first cylon war, the first reference to Tai is when Adama got his first command so IMO the final 5 where around durring the first cylon war.  Not sure if they kept the young final 5 cylons under wraps or where they were all this time cause they are to young to have been around durring Tia's time.

IMO Starbuck is the #1 option but it seems like the writers made that obvious to throw the fans off the scent.  IMO it's probably going to be Roslin or Adama, since cylons can have kids Adama would work.  I will throw my vote a Roslin, she makes sense and anybody else other than Adama, Baltar or Starbuck would be a total let down so it's really between those 4 and I'll go with the President by circumstance leader of the human race to be a non-human.

Ah, but it is BECAUSE of Tigh that Apollo is a possibility. He aged.

But what really clinched it for me was when the Cylon Leoben Conoy whispered to Roslin that Adama was a Cylon. It was meant to imply the Admiral, William Adama, but I believe he meant the son, Lee.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »

I'm pushing.  I guess you're having a senior moment right now since you've forgotten we've met in person and you saying you're passing 50 is equivalent to me saying I'm passing 15.

As stated, the only expectations that change are from the people around you. You, unfortunately, are guilty of the same thing. My hair is white, so I must be ancient. News flash, my hair has been white since I was 35.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »

As stated, the only expectations that change are from the people around you. You, unfortunately, are guilty of the same thing. My hair is white, so I must be ancient. News flash, my hair has been white since I was 35.

Actually I really didn't notice your hair since my attention was immediately drawn to the barnacles and moss around your waist all the way down to the floor.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »

Actually I really didn't notice your hair since my attention was immediately drawn to the barnacles and moss around your waist all the way down to the floor.

Oh, that!

That was just my gripmygroinitis. Highly contagious, especially in bar settings. Did we share a bar stool by any chance? If so, spray your privates immediately with pepper spray. It doesn't cure it, but you won't care as much about the other symtoms.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 12:10:13 AM »
The Dark Knight was REALLY good.  SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I was ready to give up on this movie, I really thought it got over-hyped.  I was sooooooooooooooooooooo pissed at the ending but to my surprise the movie was just getting started.  This movie was visciously dark, I loved it!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 01:37:11 PM »
I saw the new Batman at the midnight showing Friday morning.

I was not disappointed.

I felt they did the Joker and Batman PERFECTLY - in other words, dark and dangerous.  I felt they also did Bruce Wayne pretty well.  I'm still not entirely pleased with Alfred.  Commissioner Gordon was well done.

One point of contention:  They've referred to Commissioner Gordon's wife as Barbara.  That's incorrect;  Barbara should be Commissioner Gordon's DAUGHTER.

This is not a kid's Batman movie.  It is incredibly dark and incredibly violent.

Skander - when you get back, you've *GOT* to see this.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »
One point of contention:  They've referred to Commissioner Gordon's wife as Barbara.  That's incorrect;  Barbara should be Commissioner Gordon's DAUGHTER.

Quote from: wikipedia
. In Batman: Year One, Gordon claims not to see the unmasked Batman well (whom his wife at that time, Barbara, also sees

They are both named Barbara

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »
I saw the new Batman at the midnight showing Friday morning.

Did they have you "check" you sack at the door?  WTF Joe?

Actually, I have NEVER had to wait in line to see a movie when I hit the theater by 4:00 p.m.  Back in the day you would have to wait in long lines to see any movie because we did not have these huge Cinema-plexes we have now.  I remember waiting in line for 45 minutes to buy tickets for Empire Strikes Back then waiting another 2 1/2 hours to get into the theater only to get topped by having to wait 1 1/2 hours to buy Tickets to Jedi then waiting almost 5 hours to get into the theater.  Anyway, since I'm in the L.A. I have tons of choices as far as where to see a movie WHEN I want to see it.  I goto the "Grove" in West L.A./Beverly Hills all the time to see movie when they are fresh out the box.  The Grove has an 8 story parking struckture with almost 200 spots on each level.  Levels 1 and 2 are reserved for Valet and VIP parking, on a Friday about 4:00 p.m. levels 3 and 4 will have about 30 to 40 spots open (there is a readout of available spots for every level when you get your parking stub, then each level has a readout at the entrance), level 5 will have about 60 to 90 spots open and level 6 will have about 130+ spots open, 7 and 8 will have about 170+ open.  Yesterday there was 34 spots open on 6 and about 50 on 8 the rest were FULL!  I thought "oh shizzle", no way this placed is packed for The Dark Knight.  Sure enough the place was packed and all the shows except the 5:00 p.m. were sold out.  Keep in mind it's playing almost every 20 to 40 minutes and the place was completely booked.  I bought tickets for the 5 p.m. and considered myself lucky, had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes but it was worth it.  Brought back memories of being a teenager and hanging out with my friends in lines all over the place (movies, Six Flags, concerts, etc...) 

The Dark Knight is for REAL!!!!  Like I said, viciously dark!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"