Author Topic: Movies Hancock and Batman  (Read 14993 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movies Hancock and Batman
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »
Hancock, it's alright nothing special.

How many of you geeks are already lined up for Batman Thursday after midnight?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Movies Hancock and Batman
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
Hancock, it's alright nothing special.

How many of you geeks are already lined up for Batman Thursday after midnight?

I am super geeked for the Batman movie ever since that first 6 minutes came out but I won't be waiting in line.  Probably won't even see it that first weekend unless I can get to the movies early afternoon.

I know you are a big movie buff so lemme ask where are you renting now?  Are you still doing the blockbuster run?  Or do you have Netflix/Blockbuster online?  And would you be willing to stream/rent movies online in the future?  To me it seems like a no brainer but I've had movie buff friends say that they don't like the idea really.  That it is no different then on-demand movies now and people don't flock to those.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
I don't do midnight showings any more after i went to see the matrix reloaded at midnight, i'm scarred at midnight showings for all time.

I'm a huge movie dork as well but hardly ever pay to go any more, i'm a net flix kind of guy.

unless they solve prop and lag issues, I'm not good with streaming movies because i can't guarantee i won't run into some lag or something...i find that irritating

WHat i find more irritating is all the scratches in the BSG discs from net flix

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »

BSG?  If that is Battle Star Galactica your level of "dorkness" should earn you a perma-ban from this board.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »

BSG?  If that is Battle Star Galactica your level of "dorkness" should earn you a perma-ban from this board.

Surely is, one of the best shows currently airing (or having aired in a long while), if it was on HBO it'd have emmys, but it's on sci-fi so it's ignored...shame, cause ronald d moore has created a fascinating study of humanity on so many levels.

My level of dorkness goes back to the late 70s/early 80s when i was still a child...and damn proud of it...

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »

LMFAO!!

Didn't YOU watch BSG the new series????  I could swear I remember you telling me that it was a good show before....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »
I thought everyone except WOW and myself watched that show around here?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »
BSG?  No. I may have watched it as a kid, but only because i was the youngest and had to watch it. 

As for the new series, no I did not watch it, although I know WOW does a mean Ed James Olmos impression!!   ;D ;D ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 09:13:32 PM »

LMFAO!!

Didn't YOU watch BSG the new series????  I could swear I remember you telling me that it was a good show before....

It's an awesome show!  I OWN, NOT DORK RENT.  I have Season 1, 2, 2.5, Razor, and 3 on DVD and Season 4 on DVR, I also have the two BSG specials on DVR (Fans and FX).  Yes, Sci-Fi geek since the 70's.  I thought the show did win an emmy or something?  IMO it is the best show on TV at times, they have their clunker episodes, and apart from some of the crime drama's, it's the best.  Love how it ended, to this point, haven't researched if it was a mid-season cliff hanger.  BSG did the Babylon 5 thing and got a contract for the full run, they ended stretching it out and extra season, which is why some episodes are clunkers, but the quality has been pretty good.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
It's not over yet, there will be one more 'season' in 2009.

I don't own a lot of tv shows i love on dvd, don't watch em over and over, no point in having the DVDs.

Though, I just started watching season 3 and knowing who the 4 'hidden' ones are makes it kind of interesting to watch :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

Surely is, one of the best shows currently airing (or having aired in a long while), if it was on HBO it'd have emmys, but it's on sci-fi so it's ignored...shame, cause ronald d moore has created a fascinating study of humanity on so many levels.

My level of dorkness goes back to the late 70s/early 80s when i was still a child...and damn proud of it...

I guess you're probably proud of some of the skid marks your mom had to deal with as well.

Please quantify your level of dorkness here:

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=3993.0
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 09:30:34 PM »
P.S. Hancock was a dud, I have high hopes for The Dark Knight.  I typically see it the first Friday it's out, scoop up the kids at 3:30 and catch the earlier less crowded shows.

Ironman  :D
Hulk  :-[
Hancock   >:(
Hell Boy II  :-\
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »
Did anyone else here actually LIKE the first hulk aside from me?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
P.S. Hancock was a dud, I have high hopes for The Dark Knight.  I typically see it the first Friday it's out, scoop up the kids at 3:30 and catch the earlier less crowded shows.

You did not like the Hulk???  I thought it was better then Iron Man.  Considering the character and all...  still want to see hell boy, psyched about seeing dark knight.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »

You did not like the Hulk???  I thought it was better then Iron Man.  Considering the character and all...  still want to see hell boy, psyched about seeing dark knight.

I know that the Hulk was a remake but I did find myself thinking "been there done that" in regards to the action scenes.  The Army blasting Hulk was done before and the Hulk fighting another super villian was same ole same ole.  Ironman blew them all away.  There is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much hype around Dark Knight right now, everyone is reporting getting tickets this weekend will be close to impossible because of all the pre-sales.  I'm starting to get nervous about getting in on Friday, I typically get into a show before 5 p.m. with no problem but it's sounding like that may not be possible.  I'm giving my 3 youngest kids the option of Dark Knight or Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D because it might be too graphic for 10 year olds and younger.  I want to see Dark Night on Friday but I may have to wait and take the younger kids to their movie on Fri.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"