Author Topic: Hypothetical Trade Discussions - Portland  (Read 6075 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Hypothetical Trade Discussions - Portland
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
Ooooh...a back up SG/SF who cuts into willie greens minutes?  I'm all for that :)

I think what we really need is a "gangsta" SG/SF, one who will just cut Willie Green.

Posey would seem ideal in that case.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
Roy is a point SG much the way there have been point forwards on other teams.  He likely will not bring the ball up the court or defend most normal sized (i.e. smaller than him) PG's, but he will initiate the offense in the half court a majority of the time.  Hence, why a guy who is more of a scoring point like Bayless makes sense for them.  Miller is not really a fit, except in the mentor role/expiring contract role.  Portland does have too many players for their available roster space and tons of future picks to make romm for or trade again.  Possibilities exist there, but I am not sure what the match is yet. 

Koponen, now where have I heard that guy's name before.  Oh that's right we drafted him as a Pg who could shoot and traded him for no good reason, then we drafted an american player with the pick we received (Byars) who was several years older and surprisingly he wanted to sign here and not in Europe (where the younger Euro Kopenen obviously did).  Byars did not make the team (but Shav, Lou A and Cal Booth did) even as a developmental player, was cut and now we have no rights to him or Koponen, both of whom are playing well in Vegas.  It is a good thing I am not bitter.   >:(

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »
True, It's better to be a bettor than bitter or you could batter butter but why bother?

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 01:50:53 PM »
Koponen, now where have I heard that guy's name before.  Oh that's right we drafted him as a Pg who could shoot and traded him for no good reason, then we drafted an american player with the pick we received (Byars) who was several years older and surprisingly he wanted to sign here and not in Europe (where the younger Euro Kopenen obviously did).  Byars did not make the team (but Shav, Lou A and Cal Booth did) even as a developmental player, was cut and now we have no rights to him or Koponen, both of whom are playing well in Vegas.  It is a good thing I am not bitter.   >:(

That move is what put BK out.  Especially when you look at the trades at the end of the first round and the top of the second for this last draft, BK screwed up royally.  Think Byars wouldn't be useful now as a backup 2/3?  *sigh*

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
True, It's better to be a bettor than bitter or you could batter butter but why bother?

Please Skates, no more blustery blather 'bout bad ballers...  beware, because brings 'bout boorish bickering betwixt bitter belittlers.

Yourself and Jem excluded, of course.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »

Please Skates, no more blustery blather 'bout bad ballers...  beware, because brings 'bout boorish bickering betwixt bitter belittlers.

Yourself and Jem excluded, of course.

Sometimes I read a little too quickly and was wondering why the hell Jem wanted me to batter my brother in butter, 'specially since I ain't got no brother.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »
As long as Luther Head and his 2M expiring is not involved.