Author Topic: Spurs cause bomb scare...DOH!!  (Read 4942 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs cause bomb scare...DOH!!
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »
Spurs' Coyote mascot part of a promotional campaign gone wrong
Wire Reports
Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Spurs Coyote was part of what has been described as "a promotional campaign gone wrong."

The stunt was part of a campaign for the upcoming Batman movie, but it prompted the evacuation of one local television station and some anxious moments across the city-- including at WOAI and Ticket 760's studios.

San Antonio police, along with the fire department and the bomb squad, were called to KENS-TV at 5400 Fredericksburg Road Tuesday morning after a viral marketing campaign item was delivered to the station to promote "The Dark Knight." The building was evacuated for a brief time as bomb squad officials investigated the cake's contents.

"The intent was not to harm or cause an alarm," SAFD Lt. Joe Rios told KSAT News. "It just went bad on them."

Cakes were delivered to various news and media outlets throughout San Antonio in a white box that had a cell phone charger coming out the bottom of a cake with a hollow center. Attached to the cable was a cell phone inside a plastic bag that contained promotional materials for the upcoming film.

An e-mail and video clip warned those who opened the items that the Spurs Coyote had been kidnapped.

A video clip of the news story as it was reported on KSAT-TV appears below:

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Spurs cause bomb scare...DOH!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
When I read " bomb" in the title I figured it had to do with the results of the Spurs offseason moves.   :P
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
Hopefully I'm not the only one who finds this funny

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »

Probably not but look out, I just chummed the water and I expect a "Celtics B*tches" response any time now.  Don't know how much of this board you've read but we go at it quite a bit.  Relevant or not, winning or not the Lakers are a target.  The other targets are usually teams that are contendors or have been in the recent past (Spurs/Suns/Mavs).  Contendors?  Hmmm...that explains the lack of Sixers posts on a Sixers board.....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »

Probably not but look out, I just chummed the water and I expect a "Celtics B*tches" response any time now.  Don't know how much of this board you've read but we go at it quite a bit.  Relevant or not, winning or not the Lakers are a target.  The other targets are usually teams that are contendors or have been in the recent past (Spurs/Suns/Mavs).  Contendors?  Hmmm...that explains the lack of Sixers posts on a Sixers board.....

Obviously some time off has helped sharpen your wit, WOW.  If only your baiting skills could improve...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
What does his ability to fish ahve to do with anything?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »
Obviously some time off has helped sharpen your wit, WOW.  If only your baiting skills could improve...

I'm not being a smart arse or anything, but is there a difference between baiting and just a little bit of smack talk?  I'm not looking to piss you off or anything, honestly that is NEVER my intent, I just really like trading insults because sometimes some of you guys make me laugh.

For all the WEAK stuff Reality throws out there I talk to the guy all the time and exchange emails on a variety of subjects, I honestly just like to bust balls and get my balls busted.  Just don't talk shiznit about Kobe!  He is da bomb!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
'm not being a smart arse or anything, but is there a difference between baiting and just a little bit of smack talk?

I've always felt to 'talk smack' you need two sides of the argument, hence it's inherently baiting the 'other side'?

Not sure what kind of masochist you are that enjoys getting your balls busted, but i suggest you find one of those nice shrewish gold digging Los ANgeles girls and marry her...she'll bust your balls and your will to live all in one.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 01:17:01 PM »
I've always felt to 'talk smack' you need two sides of the argument, hence it's inherently baiting the 'other side'?

That's why Lakers/Sp*rs smalk talk is fun, both teams have kicked each others behinds.  That's also the reason Sixers smalk talk is an oxymoron (throw the SaclessMental Queens in that catagory as well).
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »

That's why Lakers/Sp*rs smalk talk is fun, both teams have kicked each others behinds.  That's also the reason Sixers smalk talk is an oxymoron (throw the SaclessMental Queens in that catagory as well).

You are by far my favorite Internet personality.  Welcome back in full force Ese.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:22 PM »
I thought the story was funny, I have also been reaing that the Spurs have made some office moves, they lost three top execs in recent weeks.  not sure if they left on good terms or if fired, but from what has been said it looks like they were asked to leave.  I wonder what the reason for the change was.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »
I thought the story was funny, I have also been reaing that the Spurs have made some office moves, they lost three top execs in recent weeks.  not sure if they left on good terms or if fired, but from what has been said it looks like they were asked to leave.  I wonder what the reason for the change was.

Additionally, from what I read, those guys won't be replaced, existing employees (like pop) are taking on more duties, which indicates possibly just trying to save money by paying guys the same amount to do more work...my company piles more crap on me daily in an effort to not hire me any help...at some point my head will burst, but until then, i am the operations department

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
You are by far my favorite Internet personality.  Welcome back in full force Ese.

"personality"???  You calling me fake?  That's pretty bold comming from some Orange Country plastic Ken doll psuedo-tech wanna be gangsta!

It's good to be back, I "discussed" things with Reality and things are kosier.  I also told him to stop being stupid or quit posting....that reminds me, where has he been besides Ms Universe sites?  I guess he stook "stop being stupid" to heart and is busy getting "skooled".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
I wonder what the reason for the change was.

Finely
Horry
Barry
Reality

Four reasons right there.....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:28:49 PM »
I wonder what the reason for the change was.

Finely
Horry
Barry
Reality

Four reasons right there.....

Unless of course, you know, guys replaced didn't have any involvement in coaching or roster building....personally I believe RC and Pop bear 100% responsibility for the roster