Author Topic: Dunleavy saying the agent is why Brand all the sudden jump ship...  (Read 1770 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Dunleavy saying the agent is why Brand all the sudden jump ship...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
I'm not even sure I believe him, so how can i agree with a guy i don't believe?

He claims there's a lot of 'hard copy' evidence out there...i'd like to see it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »
I'm not even sure I believe him, so how can i agree with a guy i don't believe?

He claims there's a lot of 'hard copy' evidence out there...i'd like to see it.

I believed Mike when I first heard his comments on the Brand situation.  I then heard Brand on ESPN radio yesterday and they played the clip of Mike saying all those things and Brand said he did not disagree with anything Mike said.  Can't argue with that........
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
Oh sure I could.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »
Of course, coaches and owners never talk to players while negotiations are going on.  That would be u-n-e-t-h-i-c-a-l.  And you would never want that, Falk.  Except in previous similiar negotiations whereupon your client did the same, stayed with the same team and you got a fat commission off it.

Shut your piehole, Falk!

For the record I'm not on either "side".  That having been said....

Lets kill one lawyer at a time.  Put their bodies at the bottom of the lake.  Make the world a better place.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »
Of course, coaches and owners never talk to players while negotiations are going on.  That would be u-n-e-t-h-i-c-a-l.  And you would never want that, Falk.  Except in previous similiar negotiations whereupon your client did the same, stayed with the same team and you got a fat commission off it.

Shut your piehole, Falk!

For the record I'm not on either "side".  That having been said....

Lets kill one lawyer at a time.  Put their bodies at the bottom of the lake.  Make the world a better place.

Whats the difference between a dead snake in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

There are skid marks in front of the snake
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 08:51:34 PM »
He can say that, but the truth is the Clippers blew it.  Stirling wasn't all that eager to get Brand back and the Sixers were.  Also Brand is an East Coast guy and Philly is closer to home.

Besides, Brand wants a ring and wants to get deep in the playoffs and Philly is was his best chance.

Clippers can moan all they want, but Stirling is a cheapskate and the players and coach know it.  It doesn't help that they're almost constantly overshadowed by the Lakers, and Brand could never own the city the way he will Phila.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:28:16 AM »

Clippers can moan all they want, but Stirling is a cheapskate and the players and coach know it.  It doesn't help that they're almost constantly overshadowed by the Lakers, and Brand could never own the city the way he will Phila.

This is an interesting point and very valid in today's NBA.  Though Brand does not strike me as that type of player / having that kind of ego, it makes sense.  Philly will be Brand's city once the season starts up.  No matter what, if he stayed with the Clippers, he would be the best player on the JV squad.  He was well liked out in LA but they were not lining up to make him a major star of the city.  Plus Brand can get his Philly Cheesesteak SteakUms and TastyCake marketing money!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:30:37 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »
Didn't Brand already try and jump ship for Miami once during his Clippers tenure?  Not sure that qualifies him as an "East Coast" guy. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
Didn't Brand already try and jump ship for Miami once during his Clippers tenure?  Not sure that qualifies him as an "East Coast" guy. 
He grew up on the east coast and he went to college in north carolina