Author Topic: Brand?  (Read 80557 times)

jemagee

Re: Brand?
« Reply #300 on: July 09, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »
My boys is available on indemand i just found out - for free - except that are a bit slow at getting the most recent episode up

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
Am I missing the thread where we discussed the press conference?? I thought that was one of the more interesting player introductions I've ever seen. The news about the Clippers straight up pooping on Brand is eye-opening.

"Sure we know you're the only player in the history of the league to be proud to be a Clipper so, here's our offer. Take it or leave it but just know the owner will be just as happy if you don't sign as if you did."

WOW!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:35:59 PM by TheGuiltyParty »

jemagee

« Reply #302 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:16 PM »
Not surprising, sterling is a putz...

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »
Yea, apparently Brand was the guy leading the charge to Philly and the Clippers did absolutely nothing to stop it.  He took a few not so veiled digs at the management over there.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »
Am I missing the thread where we discussed the press conference?? I thought that was one of the more interesting player introductions I've ever seen. The news about about the Clippers straight up pooping on Brand is eye-opening.

"Sure we know you're the only player in the history of the league to be proud to be a Clipper so, here's our offer. Take it or leave it but just know the owner will be just as happy if you don't sign as if you did."

WOW!

I'm just glad I'm not a Clipper fan.  They had a blue collar work horse who was the heart and soul of that team, and it appears they let him walk without a fight. 

jemagee

« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
Oh no - that's not how it's playing in la - if you want a listen, stream 710espn.com

1.  Elton Brand is fully to blame
2.  If the Clips get Okafor or Smith, they'll be better off
3.  Sell out the sixers/clips game at staples center next year, boo the heck out of him
4.  He's not really a supper star.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
Oh no - that's not how it's playing in la - if you want a listen, stream 710espn.com

3.  Sell out the sixers/clips game at staples center next year, boo the heck out of him

Apologists!  :P

Couldn't resist.

jemagee

« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »
He's not a super star either, I have no idea how he does with supper.

They had mike miss on on my drive home and he mentioned the whole falk thing about what he said the clippers said, LA people think he made it up

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »

So it sounds like they have most of the normal stages of grief covered.

Denial: check
Anger: check
Bargaining: Check
Depression: Check
Acceptance: Not there yet

I would not want to be a Clipper fan, but at least they may land another good player soon, and likely will be a decent team next year.

jemagee

« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »
with brand and davis they probably weren't a top 5 team in the west, davis and someone not brand, not as good as brand, we'll see...one thing i've been amazed at is davis (realtive) health in GSW, it seems out of character for him

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »
So I guess the free agency period for us is over and so is all of the speculation about Brand. I imagine RealGM will calm down over the next couple of days and all will return to normal. See ya, Jem.

Wait.... what's that? We still need to sign-and-trade Iguodala and re-sign Lou. Ahhh, I'm back.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:07:14 PM by TheGuiltyParty »

jemagee

« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
Besides

SUMMER LEAGUE

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
Besides

SUMMER LEAGUE

I've found nothing to suggest that the games will be streamed or archived this year.  Hopefully the put up a link at the last minute. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: July 09, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »

You know you love that picture...

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: July 09, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »
Listened to part of the press conference on the drive home...saw the last few minutes on TV...

Brand is simply too good to be true.  Somehow, he's gonna have a Jeff Ruland moment, and this is all going to go "poof"...right?

Some of my faves from the PC -

3) The "Santa Claus" line about 30,000 people and no presents.  Even if it was canned, it was still pretty damn good;

2) The line about calling David Falk at 12:01 AM on July 1 and saying "hey - has Philly called yet?"

(he KNOWS we just want to be loved)

and the #1 best thing out of the PC today...

The "PhillyMax..."

Brilliant.  Absolutely fucking BRILLIANT.  (Cute, too)

I don't know if there has EVER been as good of a "welcome to your new city, superstar" press conference as we saw today.  Even Falk - who got to be the "bad guy" by hanging the Clips out to dry and talking EB off the hook - was somewhat believable.

I still don't believe that Elton Brand is on the Sixers...and all it cost us was Korver, Carney and Booth (and a lot of $$$).

Stefanski earned his paycheck this week (although he was grabbing a bit too much mug at the PC for my taste...but he's entitled, I guess).