Author Topic: Brand?  (Read 80648 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brand?
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
Elton 'pimp city' Brand

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
Seriously... am I the only one who is downright giddy right now??? I feel like we're legitimately ONE piece away from being a title contender... ONE... UNO... EIN!

jemagee

« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »
Seriously... am I the only one who is downright giddy right now??? I feel like we're legitimately ONE piece away from being a title contender... ONE... UNO... EIN!

I'm not that giddy, no...i don't feel one piece away from being a title contender

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »
Did LAC have any clue this was going to happen? Not likely, their counter-moves need to start in about 3 hours - will they go after Josh Smith, Biedrins, Okafor?

What kind of cap space do they have? They now have a HUGE hole at the 4 and so I could see them making a play for one of those guys. Of course, this is the Clippers so who the hell knows and frankly... who cares??

Since the Brand offer was for a reported 5 yr 70 mil that would mean they should be able to make a run at Smith with a salary that starts around 12 mil in yr 1 (average of 14 mil over 5 yr)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »
I'm all for the Clippers stealing young talent from the East even if that means them taking a run at Iguodala.

noah

« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, TGP, I'm completely with you!  I've been screaming out to the heavens all night long! :D

This is unreal.  Seriously.  The Sixers literally turned into contenders overnight.  Guess Miller's sticking around, huh?  Man, this is wild.

jemagee

« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
Guess Miller's sticking around, huh?  Man, this is wild.

Oh....goody

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »

Not only am I downright giddy, I feel like that one piece is already on the Sixers.  His name is Thaddeus Young.  He has the ability to be a 20 ppg scorer who can hit the outside shot.  Let's see if he can do it this year or next.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
I love everything........ that's how I feel. 

jemagee

« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »
Man, the sixer colored glasses are even more intense than when people flipped out over chris webber

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »
Come on.... Elton Brand is not Chris Webber. 

jemagee

« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »

That's not what I said, not even close...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2008, 09:18:08 PM »
Man, the sixer colored glasses are even more intense than when people flipped out over chris webber

One piece! Here's the problem, it's a pretty substantial piece. If Iguodala and Thad can improve their shooting then we might be able to compete just with maturity but I suspect that the one piece is on another roster right now amd I'll give his initials.... Kobe Bryant.

jemagee

« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »
Uh huh - sure :)

I admit I'm pleased if/when Brand signs with the sixers, but there are a lot of issues signing brand doesn't solve

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2008, 09:21:57 PM »

That's not what I said, not even close...

yeah  i probably worded that wrong...  Elton Brand is worthy of a little more excitement than the Chris Webber deal..... fixed.