Author Topic: From ESPN's Rumor Central...(plus trade machine fun!)  (Read 3064 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
From ESPN's Rumor Central...(plus trade machine fun!)
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
The Warriors began negotiating with representatives for Monta Ellis, with talks scheduled to continue in Oakland today.
Ellis is believed to be seeking a long-term deal averaging well over $10 million a season, and could have the leverage he needs if Elton Brand joins Baron Davis in spurning the Warriors.

If Ellis thinks that Golden State is low-balling him or being uncooperative in a sign-and-trade, Ellis could choose to come back on his one-year tender worth $1 million. That would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer, when the Warriors risk losing him for nothing. -- San Francisco Chronicle

Josh Childress, whose representatives are scheduled to meet with the Hawks in Washington this week, is expected in Philadelphia for a visit Monday.
His Washington-based agent, Jim Tanner, said the interest in his client has grown steadily since the start of free agency Tuesday.

"We're extremely pleased with the broad and enthusiastic interest in Josh from a number of teams around the league," Tanner said, declining to name any of the teams or the number of teams. "We're in the process of setting up meetings in several places. But I don't think it's any secret that Josh wants to find the best fit, be it in Atlanta or elsewhere." -- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Nenad Krstic knows the recent changes to the Nets' frontcourt make him a spare part, which is why agent Marc Cornstein said yesterday that the sign-and-trade option is now being openly discussed with the Nets, who don't want to give Krstic more than a two-year contract.
"We've talked about all the possible options out there," Cornstein said. "Because of his situation -- coming off the injury, his age (he turns 25 in three weeks) -- the important thing is to go into a situation where he is wanted, and where he is able to flourish. So he'd be open to anything, if it's going to be best for his career." -- The Star-Ledger

I also read that the Heat are looking to move Haslem.  I went to the trusty trade machine and found out that we can move Miller for Haslem, Cook, and Anthony (or whatever other cap filler you want, it was like 350k off without Anthony).  Add picks as necessary.  Just saying.  We could then grab Hinrich and still have like 5-6 mil available to go out and get another piece.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: From ESPN's Rumor Central...(plus trade machine fun!)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
The problem I see is Haslem taking up too much cap space next year.  if he was an expiring contract it would not be a bad stopgap.  I just don't want any stopgap's that don't expire next summer.  Getting Cook might help with the outside shooting issues and he is young and talented, but not worth the extra salary for Haslem in 2009-2010.  There are so many teams loading up on salary cap space for 2010 that the best bargain hunting will be over the next year and a half.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
The problem I see is Haslem taking up too much cap space next year.  if he was an expiring contract it would not be a bad stopgap.  I just don't want any stopgap's that don't expire next summer.  Getting Cook might help with the outside shooting issues and he is young and talented, but not worth the extra salary for Haslem in 2009-2010.  There are so many teams loading up on salary cap space for 2010 that the best bargain hunting will be over the next year and a half.

Unless we re-sign Iggy and Williams for really good contracts, we're really not gonna have much space next year anyway I don't think.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
I have no problem with haslem and two years, he's a good starter for a year and a solid back up IF speights develops but still can start if speights takes longer

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:30:37 PM »
BTW - the hoopshype rumor page is usually got more information than the espn page

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
BTW - the hoopshype rumor page is usually got more information than the espn page

Oh, Ducky's gonna have a field day with that one.

;)

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »
in honor of ducky actually i will no longer capitalize any words or use any kind of punctuation including commas semi colons periods or apostrophes

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »
But I love the trade machine D:

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
But I love the trade machine D:

couldn't kair < migh calment has no thing 2 doo w/ ur youse uv teh trayd masheen