Author Topic: What we are learning about Ed and the teams direction  (Read 13822 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: What we are learning about Ed and the teams direction
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »
It sounds like we won't be able to add Hinrich this summer without eating into our cap space.

I think we have a better chance during the season, if Hinrich is still on the Bulls roster.  then Miller would be attractive as an expiring, even if we could not find a third team.

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
It all depends on the bulls plans...if they let gordon walk, hinrich isn't going anywhere, if they keep gordon, then hinrich is on the market and probably priced to move - expiring contracts would be enough maybe to get him...who has a trade exception to offer the bulls that would take hinrich off their hands?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
Trade exception... hmm... GSW's just expired. I don't know of any large trade exceptions out there but we do have teams like Golden State with cap space and in need of a PG out there. That's not a good combo. Why do I feel like GSW is linked to EVERY available name out there and we're linked to one???

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »
Trade exception... hmm... GSW's just expired. I don't know of any large trade exceptions out there but we do have teams like Golden State with cap space and in need of a PG out there. That's not a good combo. Why do I feel like GSW is linked to EVERY available name out there and we're linked to one???

Because GS just got screwed over and hasn't been making plans for months, plus they have like 19 mil in cap space?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »
Because GS just got screwed over and hasn't been making plans for months, plus they have like 19 mil in cap space?

So they're just freestyling over in Oakland?? I dig it! I mean, it beats this whole "wining and dining" thing. Who are we kidding in Philly? Smith is signing with whatever team offers him the biggest deal and then it will be between that team and Atlanta. Like tk76, I think we should be whoring ourselves around and getting the great name of the 76ers in every NBA news column.

"Jose Calderon re-signed with the Toronto Raptors today. Calderon took over for the oft-injured TJ Ford and guided the Raptors to yet another successful regular season that ended in the playoffs. The Sixer reportedly offered Calderon a 2 year deal at the league minimum."

Listen, I don't care if we come off as cheap... just get the name out there. Ok... I'm starving for news and am losing my mind.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:08:34 PM by TheGuiltyParty »

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

Like tk76, I think we should be whoring ourselves around and getting the great name of the 76ers in every NBA news column.

:'(  And right after I say you should be a mod here.  Please pull the knife out of my back.  First Skates, and now TGP...  I guess I must be reeking of desperation- sort of like how the Sixers might be if the Smith thing falls through.  Can you say plan F?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »

Like tk76, I think we should be whoring ourselves around and getting the great name of the 76ers in every NBA news column.

:'(  And right after I say you should be a mod here.  Please pull the knife out of my back.  First Skates, and now TGP...  I guess I must be reeking of desperation- sort of like how the Sixers might be if the Smith thing falls through.  Can you say plan F?

I think this is my favorite board ever.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »
I must say it IS pretty ridiculous that all of these teams are making nose and we're nowhere to be found. We parlayed the MOST cap money into less buzz than I've ever heard!

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
I must say it IS pretty ridiculous that all of these teams are making nose and we're nowhere to be found. We parlayed the MOST cap money into less buzz than I've ever heard!

But the sixers don't have the most money any more - not with davis opting out, and the clips renouncing maggette and such, and i think memphis had a little bit more but weren't going to be players.

The sixers had a plan A, plan A seems to be Josh Smith, you don't do anything untili Plan A is decided:)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »
I'd also like to point out that we didn't know that Stefanski was interested in Jamison until after he was signed.

Hopefully Stefanski is just holding his hand close to his vest and we'll know soon enough.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
Both points are understood....but what I'm saying is starting from square one, we had the most. Clearly when things start dropping things change, but I just hope our plan is a solid one. Obviously Ed knows way more about it than us, but that doesn't make the waiting less nerve-wracking

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »
This really is a make or break summer for Ed. We all understand that it's going to take more than just one player to fix this team but Ed and the Sixers have talked this summer up for so long that if they swing and miss completely... i think public opinion will really snowball against him. I'm still confident in him but the honeymoon is over.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »
An empty summer wouold make the KK trade a bit worse on re-examination.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »
This really is a make or break summer for Ed. We all understand that it's going to take more than just one player to fix this team but Ed and the Sixers have talked this summer up for so long that if they swing and miss completely... i think public opinion will really snowball against him. I'm still confident in him but the honeymoon is over.

Truthfully, I don't think he cares about the public opinion.  King stayed here forever despite public perception, and I don't think Stefanski will do anything that he thinks he'll regret down the road.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
Truthfully, I don't think he cares about the public opinion.  King stayed here forever despite public perception, and I don't think Stefanski will do anything that he thinks he'll regret down the road.

The difference here is that Ed was the one talking the free agency period up. If he would have kept his lips shut and didn't talk about throwing $11MIL at someone... well, I think that would be alright. The people on this board knows what's up but I'm talking more about the casual fan who doesn't follow this team. They are the same people that call WIP and ask about us trading Willie and a pick for Kobe but they are the same people that yell and scream when a team doesn't seem to be doing it's job.

Point being: I think public opinion could snowball on him is all. I just don't think we'll get to that point.