Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 253634 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #735 on: July 22, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
I still like the idea of kirk hinrich, but don't get all this BYC nonsense, would there be any way to work out a S&T for hinrich and gordon?

Only if you add Miller or one of our untradeables.  I think Thabo is developing nicely in Chicago as a strong shooter and defender.  He would be a nice compliment to either Gordon or Hinrich.  Portland is supposedly going to be a player for Deng (or Iggy) next year.  That may be where some of the S&T deals start.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 22, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »
Hey, all Ed has to do is work out a sign and trade Iguodala for Roy and I'll buy Iguodala the plane ticket and new umbrella.

jemagee

« Reply #737 on: July 22, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
Only if you add Miller or one of our untradeables.  I think Thabo is developing nicely in Chicago as a strong shooter and defender.  He would be a nice compliment to either Gordon or Hinrich.  Portland is supposedly going to be a player for Deng (or Iggy) next year.  That may be where some of the S&T deals start.

I read that thing about portland, but Portland seems smart, so possibly will wait it out and bet that one of those guys signs the one year tender and then they just have to give them money next ssummer.

I have no problem swapping miller for hinrich

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 22, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
Neither do I, but I doubt the Bulls want Miller.  This is where I miss BK and his ability to create, although never really pull off, wacky four team deals.  They never went anywhere, but were fun to talk about.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:50:28 PM by Skates »

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 23, 2008, 08:07:50 AM »
Not much news today.  Mo Evans signs with GS for 3 yrs/$6.2 million reportedly.  Looks more and more likely that they will not be making a run at Lou Williams.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #740 on: July 23, 2008, 11:44:24 AM »
There's no way they go after Williams now that they have Marcus Williams on their team. I think GSW is just about done with their moves and will now try to re-sign Ellis and Biedrins.

Besides an RFA changing teams in a sign-and-trade... does anyone on here believe we'll see a big name player traded this off-season? There seems to be some buzz about Iverson possibly moving on to a new team. Where is he a fit? New York?

jemagee

« Reply #741 on: July 23, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »
Iverson moving has been buzz all ofseason, problem is that kronke seems to be in cost cutting moves so it's doubtful he'd take back equivalent dollars for longer periods of time, I expect Iverson to finish out the year in denver and then hit the market next year...

As for big names, I still expect them to move, I still believe Joe Dumars isn't (since he hasn't done much) when he talked about changes....letting the free agent dust settle and then seeing who has what on their roster is what I always figured would happen personally...I think the Clippers/Nuggs deal was a fluke based on tax desperation and that most of the major trades are still a couple weeks off from really heating up...

Still got 6 major RFAs out there that need deciding upon.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 23, 2008, 04:55:58 PM »
Just read about Gibsons new contract:
Gibson received a five-year, $21 million deal. He will earn $3.7 million this season, $4,088,500 in 2009-10, $4,015,334 in 2010-11 and $4,403,834 in 2011-12. The fifth year of the contract, worth $4,792,332 in 2012-13, is reportedly not guaranteed. Lorain Morning Journal

If that is the type of deal Lou signs then the Sixers will be continuing to bat 1.000 this summer. 

Do you think Gibson is a fair comparison to Lou in terms of value?

jemagee

« Reply #743 on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »
I think he is, but some people might say 'well gibson has done it in the playoffs' and say lou is worth less :)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 23, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
It would be fantastic to sign Lou to 5 yrs 21M.  That's WG type money for a player with potentially much greater impact.

jemagee

« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »
It would be fantastic to sign Lou to 5 yrs 21M.  That's WG type money for a player with potentially much greater impact.

As much as i hate willies deal, it's not that bad...is it? 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:20:30 PM by jemagee »

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »

As much as i hate willies deal, it's not that bad...is it?

Green gets about $4 MIL in the last year of his contract.  So no, it isn't quite that expensive.

jemagee

« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
didn't think so, thought it was like 18 million....which while stinky is less stink than 21

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
WG deal was more unnecessary than bad.  In fact he probably was one of the cheapest starters in the league- and he played like it.

jemagee

« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
WG deal was more unnecessary than bad.  In fact he probably was one of the cheapest starters in the league- and he played like it.

it was 5 damn years long, i don't care about the value, willie green doesn't not deserve five guaranteed years in the nba, that's my position...