Author Topic: Is Evans a Goner?  (Read 25283 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Evans a Goner?
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »
Yeah, john salley was in that, eddie is so bad it's enjoyable, iw atch it every time i find it on cable (and hackers and empire records)

I'm a sucker for Hackers. I can't help but laugh the entire time I watch that film. Oh god, I hope that comes out on blu-ray soon.

jemagee

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
Hackers is so bad it's good - plus it's angelina jolie before all the implants and such.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »
Hackers is so bad it's good - plus it's angelina jolie before all the implants and such.

I seriously love Jolie in that flick but not so much anymore. I did see "Wanted" (ugh!) and she looked extremely hot in a couple of scenes.

jemagee

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
I'll see wanted when it comes out on dvd, i just don't pay to see much any more, not worth it, and people suck

jemagee

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
The best part of hackers, if you care about these things is that almost everyone in there has gone on to be at least recognizable (except the phreak)...i mean crazy dude who was in scream and scooby doo...eli stone was also in trainspotting and has done a lot of british stuff....jolie...and of course jesse bradford who was in the amazing and underrated king of the hill movie.

Hell, it even has bunk from the write and what the HELL was lorraine bracco doing in it?

Offline eagleye7377

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
I don't think so. Evans isn't supposed to be a starter. He's an AWESOME rebounder, especially off the bench. His body always is beat up, and he can't score much. He's suited for the backup role. And he only played 23.2 MPG, so it's not like it'll be that drastic of a decline. And besides, at least of now, we don't have a backup center, so that means that will probably have to be Jason Smith's job. Speights isn't ready, and Thad will be a SF, so Evans has to be our backup PF. If he could get us a shooter...then we could trade him, but he's not a goner.

jemagee

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
Evans is an awesome offensive rebounder, and i'm still waiting to see what percentage of his offensive rebounds are due to his own piss poor shooting from 2 feet and less

He's not needed on a team OVERWHELMED with power forwards
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:58:13 PM by jemagee »

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »
The great thing about this team now versus where we were last year, is that we are now at a point where we need to start trading and drafting for position of need and not just stockpiling talent. I think Evans' for what he is (role player) but if he is the piece that we need to give up to obtain a shooter... then so long Reggie.

Offline eagleye7377

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 10:43:05 PM »
We have one center, so unless we sign someone, Jason Smith will probably be our backup C as of now. Speights isn't ready, Thad's a SF, so Reggie's our backup PF as of now.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »
We have one center, so unless we sign someone, Jason Smith will probably be our backup C as of now. Speights isn't ready, Thad's a SF, so Reggie's our backup PF as of now.

I don't think Eddie's afraid to test the young guys.  I also think he wouldn't mind slotting Thad to PF and running from time to time.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »
Exactly. I'm sure Mo will run with a small lineup at times that will look something like this...

PG: Miller
SG: Williams
SF: Iguodala
PF: Young
C: Brand

I don't think the sky will fall if Evans is moved but I just don't want to see him sold for 10 cents on a dollar.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »
Exactly. I'm sure Mo will run with a small lineup at times that will look something like this...

PG: Miller
SG: Williams
SF: Iguodala
PF: Young
C: Brand

I don't think the sky will fall if Evans is moved but I just don't want to see him sold for 10 cents on a dollar.

We agree again!

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
If this team every did win it all, I can picture Reggie as looking like the happiest man on earth.  He would put Mark Madson to shame.  The same part of me that hated to see KK go would regret losing Evans.

KK and Evans could not be more different as players, but they both have that passion fo the game.  There's no doubt those guys are not in it for the $'s or for ego.

Then again I would trade him in an instant for a mercenary who can defend  and had a dead eye jumper.  Maybe another Ron Anderson?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:12:58 AM by tk76- »

Offline Pure Hatred

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 08:38:30 AM »
I think the Raptors desperately need to shore up their frontline with rebounding and toughness. What with JO being incredibly injury prone, Bargnani being possibly the worst rebounding 7 footer in the NBA and them trading away Nesterovic, I can see them being tempted into Kapono for Evans swap--Bosh can't do it all, and nobody on the team strikes me as a good rebounder at his position other than him. If I were Ed Stefanski, I would propose a trade after a Sixers--Raptors game (where we would be guaranteed to murder them on the boards): Kapono for Evans. I can easily see them tempted to go for something like that. We could even throw in the Minnesota 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
I'm not a Kapono fan but I just can't see the Raptors doing that. Jason was pretty solid for the Raptors last year and I'm sure Colangelo is of the belief that with O'Neal AND Bosh down low that there will be even more kick-outs for 3's.

I just don't think there are all that many teams that would want Evans right now given his contract and lack of offensive production. If that's the case, I'm not completely opposed to the idea of at least looking at what Jason Smith could get for us (please: no mention of Cook).