Author Topic: Jim Rome's take on LA  (Read 4296 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« on: April 05, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »
Heard part of his radio show this morning, he didn't once discuss what the Spurs did right, only mentioned on the fact that LA didn't show up. Jim Rome...the biggest homer on air.

Yeah LA. It wasn't the Spurs that beat you, it was the fact that you didn't do something right.  Not like you weren't shut down or anything. (insert stat, Bryant making 9 of 26 attempts here.) <_<  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 12:55:28 PM »
Oh Wow you ought to hang on for the show following Romes here on SoCals largest.   Course Rome is national, i suppose you dont get Extra 690/1150 based out of Cult Headquarters in LA.  "Homers" is a mild term.  You can meet Krishnas to the 10th degree.  Vic the Brick Jacobs is some New York transplant who has statues of Kobme and Shaq on his car, in his home, office and restroom.  He brouges his voice to give some worshipful auroa everytime he bablles about their succees.  The two man talk show has Steve Hartman who is great and can be very open even tho he roots for the Lakers.  On the other hand Michael Thompson is gonzo.  I mean he is such a Nozer its gagging.  

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.html

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 03:07:27 PM »
Oh Wow you ought to hang on for the show following Romes here on SoCals largest.   Course Rome is national, i suppose you dont get Extra 690/1150 based out of Cult Headquarters in LA.  "Homers" is a mild term.  You can meet Krishnas to the 10th degree.  Vic the Brick Jacobs is some New York transplant who has statues of Kobme and Shaq on his car, in his home, office and restroom.  He brouges his voice to give some worshipful auroa everytime he bablles about their succees.  The two man talk show has Steve Hartman who is great and can be very open even tho he roots for the Lakers.  On the other hand Michael Thompson is gonzo.  I mean he is such a Nozer its gagging.  

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.html
I only listen to the "Loose Cannons".  Everyone else on sprots talk 690, especially Jim Rome, are beneith me.  I don't want my b-ball IQ to drop to the level of the rest of you posters.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 03:12:32 PM »
Heard part of his radio show this morning, he didn't once discuss what the Spurs did right, only mentioned on the fact that LA didn't show up. Jim Rome...the biggest homer on air.

Yeah LA. It wasn't the Spurs that beat you, it was the fact that you didn't do something right.  Not like you weren't shut down or anything. (insert stat, Bryant making 9 of 26 attempts here.) <_<
I think that Bowen had his best game ever against Kobe -- but are you suggesting that it will happen every time?  Bowen has always made Kobe work hard but I'm not sure that I agree with the assessment that it's a given conclusion that it's going to happen again.  Kobe LIVES for the opportunity to redeem himself.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 04:01:58 PM »

Yeah LA. It wasn't the Spurs that beat you, it was the fact that you didn't do something right.  Not like you weren't shut down or anything. (insert stat, Bryant making 9 of 26 attempts here.) <_<
I think that Bowen had his best game ever against Kobe -- but are you suggesting that it will happen every time?  Bowen has always made Kobe work hard but I'm not sure that I agree with the assessment that it's a given conclusion that it's going to happen again.  Kobe LIVES for the opportunity to redeem himself.
Yeah, to the tune of a four million dollar rock on his wifeees hand....now THATS lving to redeem yourself!!    :lol:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 04:10:48 PM »

Yeah LA. It wasn't the Spurs that beat you, it was the fact that you didn't do something right.  Not like you weren't shut down or anything. (insert stat, Bryant making 9 of 26 attempts here.) <_<
You mean redeem himself again?  (see game 6 in last season's playoffs) Like they showed yesterday Kobe's lifetime shooting % against Bowen is 5 or 6 percentage points lower than his overall average.   Against Bruce, Kobe regularly "scores" about 1 pt per shot just like yesterday (28 pts on 26 shots).  Also Kobe didn't get his second assist until 5 minutes left in the game.  Or to quote an old 80's tune: It's a one time thing...it just happens alot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 04:11:43 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 04:30:06 PM »
Bruce shuts everybody down, not a onetime thing by a longshot. If LA dosen't go to the promised land, you can thank Kobme for that.
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 04:47:58 PM »
WOW, the fact that someone would post that they listen to Rome should tell you all you need to know about them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 08:25:18 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 05:10:05 PM »
WOW, the fact that someone would post that they listens to Rome should tell you all you need to know about them.
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 05:13:39 PM »
WOW, the fact that someone would post that they listens to Rome should tell you all you need to know about them.
For a minute there, I thought I misread and saw Lakermania instead of Laker Fan.

"They listens to Rome"?

Tsk, tsk, Dan.  ;)  
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 05:47:13 PM »
If you watched last year's WC semifinals, you'd have seen Bowen do the same thing he did yesterday four times in that series. Sure, Kobe will get his, but at what expense? He alienated the other players and stagnated the offense yesterday, which is exactly what Pop wants. Kobe tries to make it into a one on one thing, and Bowen will win that one everytime, simply because that is the Spurs strategy. One point per a shot is perfectly exceptable when you consider Shaq scores about 1.5 points per shot and fouls everyone out in the process.

The only way the Lakers beat the Spurs is through Shaq, and Shaq doesn't seem to be a big part of the Lakers (and Kobe's) plans. As a Kings/anti-Laker fan, I start screaming "SHOOT!!!" everytime I see Kobe with the rock. GO KOBE!!!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 09:30:20 PM »
Are you guys talking about the playoffs last year when Kobe was playing on a shoulder that required surgery?  Nah..couldn't be, you guys are better than that.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 09:37:07 PM »
So you're saying an injured shoulder caused him to pass to Shaq less?

Interesting theory.   ;)  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 09:00:27 AM »
Actually, I don't listen to the Pimp in the Box, can't pick him up where I work. Running an office errand, and I inadvertantly picked it up.  OK?  I'm out. :D  
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Jim Rome's take on LA
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 09:10:42 AM »
Are you guys talking about the playoffs last year when Kobe was playing on a shoulder that required surgery?  Nah..couldn't be, you guys are better than that.
And if he ends up having surgery again this summer then the excuse is already tried and true.  Just gotta hope wherever he has the surgery only has male employees at the hotel.  B)  
-Moody Blues