Author Topic: Will they ever attempt to earn a title?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will they ever attempt to earn a title?
« on: June 16, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
Earn it?!

Good grief, are the Lakers and the Marketing Machine at it again?:

Celtics delayed in LA
Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff June 16, 2008 04:37 PM
As of 4 p.m. EDT today, the Celtics plane is still on the ground in Los Angeles due to mechanical issues with the plane.

At 5:30 p.m., Celtics radio announcer Cedric Maxwell reported on sports radio WEEI that a 757 airplane has been flown in to take the Celtics back to Boston on a direct flight.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2008/06/celtics_still_i.html
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:41:23 PM by Reality »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will they ever attempt to earn a title?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
No, Reality, the Lakers will never earn a championship.  Their 14 titles have all been handed to them by the league and its officials who have conspired in all 14 years to propel the Lakers to the World Championship.  Now, apparently the league and their officials have conspired with the AMUA (airline mechanics union of America).  Yes, it's true; Tim Donaghy's attorney outlines their recent collusion with the AMUA in his latest letter submitted to the courts.  It's shocking. 

In unrelated news, the NBA has sent cease and desist letters to YouTube demanding they remove all AMUA training videos posted on the site.  Stay tuned for further developments ...

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
This is great.  Normally, I'd be super nervous about tonights game thinking how difficult it will be for the Lakers to pull out a victory in Boston.  Thankfully, many of you here have convinced me that the league wants the Lakers to win and will go so far as to have the officials fix games for them.  Now, I can relax and be productive at work knowing the refs and league will make sure we win tonight.  Bring on game 7 where anything can happen.  And when I say anything, I really mean the league will order the refs to hand us the victory and the Championship.  I've already requested the day off for the parade downtown.  Yay!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »
Are you the lone Laker vote in the poll?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »
Are you the lone Laker vote in the poll?

Yeah, it's just me.  You've successfully run off all other Laker posters.  Congratulations.