Author Topic: wow  (Read 8283 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: wow
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 11:39:31 AM »
No simpleton.

I expect teams to get the benefit of the doubt at home but for there to be such a huge difference on BOTH sides.  That's a problem.  Come game 3 you are going to see it be heavy heavy in the Lakers favor to "make up" for game 2.  You guys dont see a problem in that?

What I don't 'get'  is how you never see that over the long haul, the Lakers get the benefit of calls in their favor every time. Like - EVERY TIME!!  It never matters how the games are called in games one through four. But after that, if ANY truly game-changing, meaningful calls go in favor of the Celtics, I swear, the earth will end.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
Seriously do I need to even say what I'm thinking?

If I'm Pau Gasol I'm HEATED.

Really, what planet are YOU from?

And if you think for one minute that 'discrepancy' won't be reversed once games commense at the Forum, you are not a 'real', or longtime Laker fan.

Pay attention.

Planet 2008...where the Lakers play at STAPLES center. 

And of course I expect Lakers to get home cooking as well.  That's not the point. 
As we Lakers have come to expect home cooking on the road as well. :D

No simpleton.

I expect teams to get the benefit of the doubt at home but for there to be such a huge difference on BOTH sides.  That's a problem.  Come game 3 you are going to see it be heavy heavy in the Lakers favor to "make up" for game 2.  You guys dont see a problem in that?

Why should we when you never have - oh, unless those rare times it happens to go against the Lakers - But again, when it comes to calls that completely alter the outcome of playoff series - calls late in the series and late in those games - when was the last time those calls went against the Lakers?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »

What I don't 'get'  is how you never see that over the long haul, the Lakers get the benefit of calls in their favor every time. Like - EVERY TIME!!  It never matters how the games are called in games one through four. But after that, if ANY truly game-changing, meaningful calls go in favor of the Celtics, I swear, the earth will end.

Ah, JoMal, but you forget this is the Celtics the Lakers are playing this time.  This is the only team in the NBA that Lord Sternfish deems as worthy as the Lakers to receive a gift walk to the the Championship.  And considering the mighty Celtics have not come close to sniffing the finals for 21 years, I'd say Sternfish now holds them in a higher regard than the Los Angeles Marketers.  C'mon, it's not like the Lakers are playing the lowly Kings or the Nuggets, this is the Celtics!   They got plenty of calls in the Garden in 1986, and they're getting them now.  It's all good as we know, or at least hope the tide will turn back in LA.  Thankfully, it's in the great Lord Sternfish's best interest that this series go 7 games.  Not only to generate the most revenue for this series, but to establish a new rivarly between these two storied franchises.  Unfortunately, I think Lord Sternfish and his faithful referee's will bestow Game 7 to the Celtics this time.  Their big 3 are older than ours and Sternfish needs to make sure they get the first ring to stoke the flames of this new rivalry that will occupy the NBA finals for the next 5 years.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »
....to me, all this 'issue' about the referring here in game two will somehow justify to myopic Laker fans like yourself <westkoast, not msc> that, somehow, justice has been served once all the calls start going in favor of the Lakers in games five, six, and seven, especially in close games that a single bad call can alter.

Now, you are acting all concerned about "seeing a problem with that" - NOW.

Come back after the Lakers "steal" a win or two later on due to questionable calls that bail out the LA team once again, somehow "justifying" the Lakers as a dynasty and tell us how weepy you will feel for the Boston team then.

It WILL happen. It always does.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:54:58 AM by JoMal »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 12:01:04 PM »
Come back after the Lakers "steal" a win or two later on due to questionable calls that bail out the LA team once again, somehow "justifying" the Lakers as a dynasty and tell us how weepy you will feel for the Boston team then.

I'll never weep for Boston, ever.  I grew up with the 80's rivalry and the hatred still runs deep. 

From your mouth to God's ear, JoMal  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »
....to me, all this 'issue' about the referring here in game two will somehow justify to myopic Laker fans like yourself <westkoast, not msc> that, somehow, justice has been served once all the calls start going in favor of the Lakers in games five, six, and seven, especially in close games that a single bad call can alter.

Now, you are acting all concerned about "seeing a problem with that" - NOW.

You know when you were off in New Oreleans laughing at the poor souls who reside there instead of the land of cattle and country music I was saying the same thing about your beloved Jazz.  I said the officiating at home was too far in favor of the home team.  You can use the search feature to find it if you like.

lol @ justice being served gimmie a break Jomal
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:11:12 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
In all seriousness, while the officiating seemed to favor Boston on both ends of the court in the first half especially, the Lakers just didn't play well enough to win.  There were plenty of make up calls in the second half and the Lakers still couldn't capitalize.  Boston took it to the basket, the Lakers settled for jumpers, which led to the free throw disparity. 

The Lakers didn't deserve to win.  It's on the players to adjust to the refs and play through it.  I think the Lakers let it bother them, lost thier focus and it took them out of the game.  They lost last night and Thursday night to the better team, plain and simple. 

Hopefully they get their act together at home and come out with the type of energy and intensity that it will take to get a 'W'.  They must play better D, rebound better and drive to the basket if they're going to have a chance to win.  Or, I can just rely on the fact that the refs will gift us a game since the Lakers have never deserved to win any game in the history of the sport (love ya, JoMal  ;) )

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
In all seriousness, while the officiating seemed to favor Boston on both ends of the court in the first half especially, the Lakers just didn't play well enough to win.  There were plenty of make up calls in the second half and the Lakers still couldn't capitalize.  Boston took it to the basket, the Lakers settled for jumpers, which led to the free throw disparity. 

The Lakers didn't deserve to win.  It's on the players to adjust to the refs and play through it.  I think the Lakers let it bother them, lost thier focus and it took them out of the game.  They lost last night and Thursday night to the better team, plain and simple. 

Hopefully they get their act together at home and come out with the type of energy and intensity that it will take to get a 'W'.  They must play better D, rebound better and drive to the basket if they're going to have a chance to win.  Or, I can just rely on the fact that the refs will gift us a game since the Lakers have never deserved to win any game in the history of the sport (love ya, JoMal  ;) )

I agree they did not deserve to win.  Their defense lost them the game for sure.   That's a given.  Anyone who watched the game knows they did not deserve to win. That wasn't why I made the thread though (and I know you know that)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »

Hopefully they get their act together at home and come out with the type of energy and intensity that it will take to get a 'W'.  They must play better D, rebound better and drive to the basket if they're going to have a chance to win. 

Actually, I thought the Lakers would be better then they were, what with the ball movement they were showing. But the Celtics seemed better at penetrating and drawing contact through the first three quarters and most of the fourth as well. They also were getting to Bryant a bit.

But after one of Phil's tirades at the refs, it usually comes back in his favor the next game, so yeah, God is listening.

Or, I can just rely on the fact that the refs will gift us a game since the Lakers have never deserved to win any game in the history of the sport (love ya, JoMal  ;) )

;D

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
In all seriousness, while the officiating seemed to favor Boston on both ends of the court in the first half especially, the Lakers just didn't play well enough to win.  There were plenty of make up calls in the second half and the Lakers still couldn't capitalize.  Boston took it to the basket, the Lakers settled for jumpers, which led to the free throw disparity.  

The Lakers didn't deserve to win.  It's on the players to adjust to the refs and play through it.  I think the Lakers let it bother them, lost thier focus and it took them out of the game.  They lost last night and Thursday night to the better team, plain and simple.

Concise, truthful, objective, intelligent.  msc, are you sure this whole being a Laker fan thing is fulfilling you.  ;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »
That wasn't why I made the thread though (and I know you know that)

:D :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

You know when you were off in New Oreleans laughing at the poor souls who reside there instead of the land of cattle and country music I was saying the same thing about your beloved Jazz.  I said the officiating at home was too far in favor of the home team.  You can use the search feature to find it if you like.

Like I ever care what you think, lol!!

But the comment about being off in New Orleans laughing at the poor souls who reside there? That is just slimmy. I have no idea why you would put something like that in here, like it was supposed to affect me, instead of just showing what an idiot you continuously prove yourself to be, time and time again.

Why don't you use your search feature to find how often you come across like a moron, if you like.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »
In all seriousness, while the officiating seemed to favor Boston on both ends of the court in the first half especially, the Lakers just didn't play well enough to win.  There were plenty of make up calls in the second half and the Lakers still couldn't capitalize.  Boston took it to the basket, the Lakers settled for jumpers, which led to the free throw disparity.  

The Lakers didn't deserve to win.  It's on the players to adjust to the refs and play through it.  I think the Lakers let it bother them, lost thier focus and it took them out of the game.  They lost last night and Thursday night to the better team, plain and simple.

Concise, truthful, objective, intelligent.  msc, are you sure this whole being a Laker fan thing is fulfilling you.  ;)

Agreed. In fact, I am making msc an honorary Kings fan for the off-season. He deserves to be recognized for his superior attitude.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »

Agreed. In fact, I am making msc an honorary Kings fan for the off-season. He deserves to be recognized for his superior attitude.

msc will truly be proud to be an honorary loser lol

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

Like I ever care what you think, lol!!

But the comment about being off in New Orleans laughing at the poor souls who reside there? That is just slimmy. I have no idea why you would put something like that in here, like it was supposed to affect me, instead of just showing what an idiot you continuously prove yourself to be, time and time again.

Why don't you use your search feature to find how often you come across like a moron, if you like.  

How is that slimmy?  You always talk about how great Sacramento is compared to everywhere else (Socal and Texas) why would N.O. be any different?  You've labeled Socal and Texas residents worse then 'poor souls' for living where we/they do.  I see no difference here.   If you are thinking im making a katrina reference I am not.  Maybe you shouldn't try so hard to put words into my mouth next time  ;)

But hay if you want to ONCE AGAIN ignore prevous debates/comments that applies to  this "debate", go ahead.  Wouldn't be the first time you've tried to steer conversations off path only to come back later on to accuse others of doing it. 

Skandery...i'd like to hear your take on how many times Pau Gasol recieved quite a bit of contact when making a move with no whistle (since that was the basis of *MY* thread).  Only for guys like Powe/Perkins/Pierce to recieve just as much contact and get and 1's.  Perfect example is when Pau shot with his left hand sometime in the 2nd and KG fouled him, no call.  Then the very next trip down Perkins shuffled his feet, knocked Pau out of the way, then went up for the shot for an and 1.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:02:39 PM by westkoast »