Author Topic: That was pretty fortunate  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
That was pretty fortunate
« on: April 05, 2004, 11:07:12 AM »
Hey they pulled it out and got the win.

I tuned in with 3 minutes to go in prep for the Spurs win.
91-89 Kings.  Unbeavable that Adleman not only continues to revolve around Webber but with the game on the line.  He tried some running accross the lane banker.  Even Al Michaels, who knows zero about hoop commented on how slow he is with his injury.  Yao sidestepped with him easily, disrupeted the missed shot.  Rockets upcourt on O where Yao posts Webber and easily shoots a little mini jumer over him.  91 up.  Kings turnover and Rockets again go to Yao.  Kings get a big break when Yao has head up his arse and lets Christie knock the ball away.  Stevie Francis has some near misses.   Kings ball.  Webber posts high -again- and turns and faces the basket.  All ball movement stops as it only has since his return two weeks ago.  Yao incredibly does not come up on him, mistakenly Webber might drive and mistakenly thinking he could not keep up with him.  Yao baby, think back to 60 seconds ago.  Also forgot to raise his 7'5" hands up.  So Webber launches a flatfooted jumper.  It falls.  Wow.  

Ok, so Kings win but good grief the World is Webber in Kingsville shows no signs of letup.  I can only hope this changes before next Sunday.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 11:23:29 AM »
It won't change by next Sunday. The Kings are committed to Webber and will play the ball through him regardless.

Interesting point about Webber guarding Yao in the fourth quarter. That Yao shot that little hook over him should not come as much of a surprise, as Yao shoots it over Shaq as well, and Shaq is three inches taller then Webber. And I know, when Chris hit that 19 foot jumper over Yao to put the Kings up by three, it just encourages him to shoot it more often. As everyone always says, he never hits any meaningful shots either, so him hitting a key late shot just makes him think he can do it everytime. He will think he is Kobe Bryant next.

But the Rockets are a poorly run team, on the court, that is. "All Star" Stevie Franchise has got to be the most overrated player in the game today. A team reflects its leadership eventually and this team has no leader. Francis' decision-making late in games has been atrocious, and that has contributed to the Rockets lack of success in key games this year. They just get very careless with the ball and jack up shots without adequate ball movement. Not likely to improve either with such a self-serving point guard running things.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jn

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:28:35 AM »
I agree %100 JoMal.   The Rockets are improved this year but they just don't have the grey matter to go with the physical talent.   I've been saying for the past three years that Kelvin Cato is the stupidest player in the league.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:51:20 AM »
I COULD NOT BELIEVE the implosion the Kings had against the Rockets last night. To be so dominant, and lead by so much, only to THROW THE GAME AWAY (literally, with all those turnovers) in the 4th quarter like that. I'm sure Jomal was happy with the win, but still. I'm sure he's still worried.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 12:47:20 PM »
Yes, I am certainly still worried. We have proven we can beat the Rockets, but big deal. But still, we needed to win a game somewhere. I can't see much hope for the Kings without some kind of defensive effort. Against the Rockets, Songaila played with much effort and effectiveness, but you won't see him once the playoffs begin and Miller is back out there. If Brad still favors his elbow, that means he won't be effective, but that won't mean Songaila will take any minutes from him. Adelman will not expand his rotation in the post season no matter how his guys play. If one goes down, he usually just goes from an eight man rotation to a seven.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 12:54:06 PM »
So you know, I was cheering HARD for the Kings last night. The last thing I want to see  is LA having the top seed...then again...maybe I do.  I could see LA getting overconfident, and that would be a good thing.
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 02:10:50 PM »
I was wondering where the whistle was with a few minutes to go and Yao is under the rim trying to clean up a miss.  He blantly got hit across the forearm which caused him to not keep control of the loose ball.  No whistle.....Kings take the ball go the other way and score.  Yea yea I know they want the players to decide the game.......except when it comes down to a call that became a 4 point switch.

I do wonder how worried the Kings fans are.....If Houston didn't shoot themselves in the foot this would have been a loss to the whooping boy of the top teams in the west.  Not only that it would have knocked them back behind the Lakers (loss against SA or not)

The game against the Lakers and the game against the Kings shows how Yao still has alot to learn in this league.  I did enjoy watching him get deep paint position ala Shaq and just go up and put the ball in.  It was a beauty to watch.  Hes comming around but still has alot to learn.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com