Author Topic: Should Doc Rivers be the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs?  (Read 2606 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What is your guys take?

He took a team with inferior talent (The Spurs have had the most talent the past 6 years in the league) and did what Popacement could not do by winning game one against the Lakers.  No MartyBall last night.  Just pure offensive execution and a little bit of 'WWGD'.  On top of that Doc Rivers was able to coach his hurt star player into not really being hurt.  Something Popazit couldn't do with Manu GNob.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should Doc Rivers be the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
What is your guys take?

He took a team with inferior talent (The Spurs have had the most talent the past 6 years in the league) and did what Popacement could not do by winning game one against the Lakers.  No MartyBall last night.  Just pure offensive execution and a little bit of 'WWGD'.  On top of that Doc Rivers was able to coach his hurt star player into not really being hurt.  Something Popazit couldn't do with Manu GNob.

WK, Did you let Reality use your log in???

:-\
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »
Here is a good joke I got by email:

A little more poking fun as our season comes to a halt here in SA.
 Enjoy!!

Kobe Bryant, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
God was showing him around.

They came to a modest little house with a faded
Los Angeles Laker's flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Kobe," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Kobe felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a
3-story mansion with a brilliant Black, Silver & White, sidewalk, a 50 ft. tall flagpole flying an enormous San Antonio Spurs flag, and in every window a Spurs logo.

Kobe looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question: I won 3 NBA Championships, more awards than I can
remember and am one of the greatest players of all time."

God said "So what do you want to know, Kobe?"

"Well, why does Tim Duncan get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said "Kobe, that's not Tim's house, ..it's MINE."

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »

Enjoy!!

"This house is yours for eternity, Kobe," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a
3-story mansion with a brilliant Black, Silver & White, sidewalk, a 50 ft. tall flagpole flying an enormous San Antonio Spurs flag, and in every window a Spurs logo.

Kobe looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question: I won 3 NBA Championships, more awards than I can

HAHAHAHAH!!!

And no Reality didn't get my password.  I am starting to see the light.  How come Doc Rivers was able to heal Paul Pierce so he could drop 3s on the Lakers but Greg Dropalead couldn't do the same for Manu?  Obviously he is a much better coach.  Not to mention he won game 1 and the Spurs didn't.  That makes him much better then Greg Popariddalin.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:15:09 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
You obviously are still drunk from all the Laker winning juice you consumed last night while trying to will your team to victory.  Manu wasn't really hurt...which is why the Spurs didn't use it as an excuse...it was all part of the Marketeers led by Sternfish in collusion with the Green Machine to maximise revenues.  In fact I got a letter from Sternfish himself explaining this when I asked about Crawford choking (not just swallowing) on his whistle at the end of game 4 in the WCF.

Lurker,

I hope you are enjoying this extraordinary season, filled with intense competition and exciting performances by the world's greatest athletes.

We are excited to announce the launch of All-Access--the NBA's free, official membership program--and to welcome you as an inaugural member. All-Access provides you, our most passionate fans, with exclusive benefits and new ways to go behind the scenes and get into the action.

In the next few days, you will receive an email highlighting some of your All-Access benefits for June, including:

Exclusive access to 2008 NBA Draft tickets. ? More

A chance to win a trip for two to Las Vegas to watch a day's worth of 2008 NBA Summer League games from courtside and participate in the honorary tip-off. ? More

Live streaming audio of every NBA Finals 2008 game with NBA Audio League Pass. ? More

In addition, there are many more benefits that you can take advantage of at NBA.com/AllAccess. New and enhanced benefits will be added throughout the summer and next season. We will keep you updated on these through occasional emails and through the All-Access Member Center.

Thank you again for your support and enjoy The Finals!

David J. Stern
Commissioner, National Basketball Association

P.S.  We are sorry about the Spurs elimination.  But as it is an even year and small market teams must be prevented from repeating.  We are sure you understand that as part of the Collusion Agreement signed in 1997 which started with Duncan's draft rights we had no alternative but to send some of our best fixers...er referees to that game.  Next year we will again seriously consider making the Spurs path to the Finals easy.

The letter except for the postscript is an actual one received by me today.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
I got an email from David Stern too.....

Dear Koast,

Don't worry little buddy last nights game was suppose to go to the Celtics.  As the script goes this is going 7 games so we can make the most money off this series.  I personally have overseen the 48 hours of old Lakers/Celtics footage to keep reminding people how great we at the NBA really are.  Thanks for your support and keep spending your hard earned money on 10 dollar beers.

P.S.  I am going to be Senator Palpatine for Halloween

Sincerly,

David Howard Stern, king of all marketing media

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »
You obviously are still drunk from all the Laker winning juice you consumed last night while trying to will your team to victory.  Manu wasn't really hurt...which is why the Spurs didn't use it as an excuse...it was all part of the Marketeers led by Sternfish in collusion with the Green Machine to maximise revenues.  In fact I got a letter from Sternfish himself explaining this when I asked about Crawford choking (not just swallowing) on his whistle at the end of game 4 in the WCF.

Lurker,

I hope you are enjoying this extraordinary season, filled with intense competition and exciting performances by the world's greatest athletes.

We are excited to announce the launch of All-Access--the NBA's free, official membership program--and to welcome you as an inaugural member. All-Access provides you, our most passionate fans, with exclusive benefits and new ways to go behind the scenes and get into the action.

In the next few days, you will receive an email highlighting some of your All-Access benefits for June, including:

Exclusive access to 2008 NBA Draft tickets. ? More

A chance to win a trip for two to Las Vegas to watch a day's worth of 2008 NBA Summer League games from courtside and participate in the honorary tip-off. ? More

Live streaming audio of every NBA Finals 2008 game with NBA Audio League Pass. ? More

In addition, there are many more benefits that you can take advantage of at NBA.com/AllAccess. New and enhanced benefits will be added throughout the summer and next season. We will keep you updated on these through occasional emails and through the All-Access Member Center.

Thank you again for your support and enjoy The Finals!

David J. Stern
Commissioner, National Basketball Association

P.S.  We are sorry about the Spurs elimination.  But as it is an even year and small market teams must be prevented from repeating.  We are sure you understand that as part of the Collusion Agreement signed in 1997 which started with Duncan's draft rights we had no alternative but to send some of our best fixers...er referees to that game.  Next year we will again seriously consider making the Spurs path to the Finals easy.

The letter except for the postscript is an actual one received by me today.

I got it too.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »

Enjoy!!

Sorry there, SPURSX3, but you lost me at "Kobe.... when he got to heaven......."

I couldn't stop laughing at that to finish reading the rest.    :D    :D    :D
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
This is the funniest thread in quite a while.  WK and Lurker channeling Reality, Spurs and his joke, and Jomal and his even funnier response.  Keep up the good work.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
Is this where WK starts putting up pictures and we start a new round of "Marco Polo"?

:P - Pollo!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »
Is this where WK starts putting up pictures and we start a new round of "Marco Polo"?

:P - Pollo!!

What happens if your beloved Popasuck gets replaced by Doc Rivers so we RealSpurs can enjoy more titles and toasting?    You like 4 and dumb and I like to see Tim play more like KG.  Keep it coming.  Pop a vick-oden.

Altho Kobe hasn't passed Duncan maybe we can trade for him so he too can learn how to be a real basketball player.

See the image below FakeSPURSX1.5

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:21:19 PM by westkoast »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
What is your guys take?

My take is that your presumption about the Celtics talent level is erroneous.  The Celtics big three are superior to the Spurs big three. The Spurs bench is old and uncompetitive, the Celtics bench has some very capable role players.

In fact, the whole basis for my picking the Celtics is that I think they have more talent than the Lakers (as long as Bynum isn't playing).

The Celtics dominated the boards in game one, something that the Lakers have to do something about if they want to stay in the series.

The Spurs are going to need to retool to compete, the Lakers demonstrated a significant edge in talent in their series.  Pop needed to do something at the end of last season, Doc was handed a "dream team".

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
I guess 20 pt 3rd qtr playoff leads vs the Lakers are only choked off by Gregor Pop, not Doc.

Keep trying.

Written during the 3rd qtr.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 11:46:35 PM »
Wow!  Technically Doc did choke off a 24 pt lead down to a 2 pt lead.

But Boston still won so Doc has a ways to go to match Greggor.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
Wow!  Technically Doc did choke off a 24 pt lead down to a 2 pt lead.

But Boston still won so Doc has a ways to go to match Greggor.

Hes owns Popadork