Author Topic: Pistons fire Saunders  (Read 6931 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pistons fire Saunders
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 12:39:17 PM »
Please enlighten everyone as to the changes in the Spurs FO that has caused their fall from grace!  I know you will be googling like a mad man.
Popazit being unaccountable for his lame subsitution patterns along with Martyball offense is the cause of the fall.
However FO moves have been:
Nick Van E instead of Beno.  Okay, it did not work out hence 3 years of grooming Beno was wasted.
Jacque Vaugn:  does everything asked of him to help bring a RealTitle to Spurs in 2007.  Decision made to bring him back for 08.  Okay.  So he can sit on the bench and watch DStoudamire?  Who was brought in to spell Tony instead of Vaugn.  No make that sit on the bench so Lurker and others can use the "gassed" excuse for the playoffs loss.
3 years, 3 backup pt guard totally wasted with exceptio of SuperVaugn in '07.
Splitter:  Euro guy alleged to be a potential solid role center.  Signed years ago.  Developed in Euro for the past years just so....he can sign with the Euro team.  Nice.  Same result as Scola.  Sign and follow him as a potential 7'0" big, now hes gonzo.  Nice return.
Kurt Thomas and Brent Barrdog.  Crusted to the bench vs Lakers until games 3 and 4.  Where they both shine, especially that stellar Barrdog.  Of course we had to wait until gm 4 because *Que Pop worshippers with lame excuses.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »
Please enlighten everyone as to the changes in the Spurs FO that has caused their fall from grace!  I know you will be googling like a mad man.

Did you NOT understand the question?  What changed in the Spurs FO that caused them to make bad decisions after the solid pickups of TD, Manu and Parker?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »

Did you NOT understand the question?  What changed in the Spurs FO that caused them to make bad decisions after the solid pickups of TD, Manu and Parker?
Money.  Same thing that brought you Collusionists where you are now.
Well same things.  Money and Pop.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »
Money.  Same thing that brought you Collusionists where you are now.
Well same things.  Money and Pop.

So it's money?  The Spurs never splurged to win the 4 titles they won so your argument is wrong again!  You first claimed the Spurs FO WAS the best and now they are not because they spend about the same amount of money that got them their 4 titles?   ::)

The roster is the best because of holdover from previous years when the Spurs FO was the best.

So it's not the Spurs FO then?  It's money?  Who left the Spurs FO that caused them not to be the best anymore?  You can't back up your BS proclaimations can you?

P.S. OWNED!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
have another Riddalin.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 01:36:43 PM »
LOL @ Hindsight coaching.

Of course you know NOW that some of the changes didn't work.  Must be easy to be a pro coach when you get to make decisions after the fact, when you can see if they work out or not.  If they end up working out Reality takes credit for calling it all along (see Barry) but if it doesn't work out Popavich is a moron.

Why is it that every hardcore basketball fan I know praises the Spurs franchise.  Every GM, coach, and player in this league praises the Spurs.  Every analyst praises the Spurs.  You don't have to listen to Laker fans but PLEASE listen to the rest of planet earth.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »

Of course you know NOW that some of the changes didn't work.  Must be easy to be a pro coach when you get to make decisions after the fact, when you can see if they work out or not.  If they end up working out Reality takes credit for calling it all along (see Barry) but if it doesn't work out Popavich is a moron.

Why is it that every hardcore basketball fan I know praises the Spurs franchise.  Every GM, coach, and player in this league praises the Spurs.  Every analyst praises the Spurs.  You don't have to listen to Laker fans but PLEASE listen to the rest of planet earth.
The hardcore basketball fans at the NewPort Beach Starbucks and Brass Rail doing shots of Rid with you and the W.O.W.  :D ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »

The hardcore basketball fans at the NewPort Beach Starbucks and Brass Rail doing shots of Rid with you and the W.O.W.  :D ;)

You really thought this was funny and witty when you typed it didn't you? LOL

When all else fails bring up irrelevant bs such as photos, locations, and other non-basketball related information to try to steer clear of simple facts.  Facts such as Karl Malone is a better player then Robert Horry and the Spurs front office is one of the best in the league.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »
have another Riddalin.

OWNED!

Marco!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »
Who picked Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Chris Kaman, T.J. Ford, David West, Boris Diaw, Travis Outlaw, Leandro Barbosa, and Josh Howard?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
Who picked Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Chris Kaman, T.J. Ford, David West, Boris Diaw, Travis Outlaw, Leandro Barbosa, and Josh Howard?

Name a GM that has NEVER made a bad pick.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

Popacement of course!  ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »

They traded Beno Udrih, dumparse!! ::) ::)
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »

Dang, you beat me to it!   ;)

Although I do believe Joe has done a great job, picking Darko was a huge blemish on his otherwise stellar record as a GM.  Hindsight is 20/20 and GM's are always going to make some moves that don't pan out, but how anyone could pick Darko over those first 3 who were pretty much proven commodities at the NCAA level I'll never understand.  

Reality, you wanting to replace RC Buford is beyond stupid ... even for you.  The Spurs and Patriots have the two best front offices in professional sports for the past decade.  Any knowledgeable sports fan would kill to have either of these front offices running their favorite team.  You're either bored and baiting us or you're missing a chromosome.  I'm starting to fear it's the ladder.  

PS - It's Ritalin

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »
Name a GM that has NEVER made a bad pick.

There are a bunch who have never made a bad pick WITH THE SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton