Author Topic: We Want Boston! We Want Boston!  (Read 3135 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
We Want Boston! We Want Boston!
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
Anybody catch that chant at the end of the game?

That will be an awesome series if it happens.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: We Want Boston! We Want Boston!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
You'll be sorry after the Lakers play them!

Right now, the Lakers deserve all the props for taking San Antonio out so quickly.  It is clear that the Spurs need to retool and get rid of Horry and Finley.  Expect them to be busy in the free agent market this off season.

The Lakers have had a great season, an amazeing turn-around, spurred on by an absurd trade by Memphis. What the hell is going on with West- now he's back with the Lakers, giving them the trophy?  Something fishey is going on!

Boston is going to be a very difficult challenge for the Lakers to crack.  The E.C. series have served to tune up the Celtics and now the Pistons have them firing on all cylinders.  With Ray Alllen scoring along with Paul Pierce and KG, they are tough to beat, buit when Kendrick Perkins starts putting up double-doubles, they are more than the Pistons can deal with.  I suspect it will be the same with the Lakers, but we'll have to see.

The Lakers have proven they deserve to be in the finals.  Considering where they were only a season ago, this is a phenomenal turn-around. and it wasn't just Gasol either.  A number of the young Laker players have really stepped up and their future is as bright as any team in the league.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
You'll be sorry after the Lakers play them!

Right now, the Lakers deserve all the props for taking San Antonio out so quickly.  It is clear that the Spurs need to retool and get rid of Horry and Finley.  Expect them to be busy in the free agent market this off season.

The Lakers have had a great season, an amazeing turn-around, spurred on by an absurd trade by Memphis. What the hell is going on with West- now he's back with the Lakers, giving them the trophy?  Something fishey is going on!

Boston is going to be a very difficult challenge for the Lakers to crack.  The E.C. series have served to tune up the Celtics and now the Pistons have them firing on all cylinders.  With Ray Alllen scoring along with Paul Pierce and KG, they are tough to beat, buit when Kendrick Perkins starts putting up double-doubles, they are more than the Pistons can deal with.  I suspect it will be the same with the Lakers, but we'll have to see.

The Lakers have proven they deserve to be in the finals.  Considering where they were only a season ago, this is a phenomenal turn-around. and it wasn't just Gasol either.  A number of the young Laker players have really stepped up and their future is as bright as any team in the league.

Just like when you said  the Lakers would be sorry with Denver?

Just like when you said the Lakers would lose to Utah?

Just like when you said San Antonio was going to take one of the first two games and beat the Lakers in the series?

Rick I love when you root against the Lakers.  This makes me feel even better about our chances.  I don't think it's even worth it to get into it with you about the fact that the Celtics have won 2 road games 12-9 and the Lakers 12-3 with 0 loses on their home court in the playoffs....but why bother you already jinxed Boston!

And Jerry West is not back with the Lakers.  The NBA is ramping up the Lakers/Celtics bs and asked Jerry to present the Lakers with the trophy.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »
Since the beginning of the Season, I have posted that I thought Boston would win the Championship, irrespective of who came out of the West.

"Rick I love when you root against the Lakers.  This makes me feel even better about our chances.  I don't think it's even worth it to get into it with you about the fact that the Celtics have won 2 road games 12-9 and the Lakers 12-3 with 0 loses on their home court in the playoffs....but why bother you already jinxed Boston!"

Well, if you think I've jinxed them, you have nothing to worry about, but Boston is in the Finals as I predicted.

It is very difficult to project the outcome of the series, as the teams only played 2 games this season and both were before the all-star break. But Boston does have the league's best record, home court advantage and 3 legitimate all-stars going for them.  They outrebound and outdefend every other team, and against Detroit showed they could deal with the physical game as well.

No one wants to give Boston credit, it seemed that most of the posters thought that Detroit was the better team. It is now clear that Boston too, deserves to be in the Finals, and by next weekend it will be clear that they are better than LA as well. If San Antonio had gotten through LA, I'd be saying the same thing: This is Boston's season.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
Since the beginning of the Season, I have posted that I thought Boston would win the Championship, irrespective of who came out of the West.

Well, if you think I've jinxed them, you have nothing to worry about, but Boston is in the Finals as I predicted.
No one wants to give Boston credit, it seemed that most of the posters thought that Detroit was the better team. It is now clear that Boston too, deserves to be in the Finals, and by next weekend it will be clear that they are better than LA as well. If San Antonio had gotten through LA, I'd be saying the same thing: This is Boston's season.

Wow Minnie Me, you were right once! How does it feel to be right half as often as a stopped clock?

And uhm where did ANYONE on this board not give Boston credit? Oh, you mean when it took them 7 games to get past the worst team to make it to the playoffs? The .451 Atlanta Hawks? Or maybe we didn't give them credit when it took them 7 games to get past basically one man, Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers? No, couldn't have been that, perhaps it was when it took them 6 games to get past Detroit? No? Well then when? Maybe we just looked at the big bad Celtics who rolled the weakest conference in years in teh regular season and struggeled when the heat was turned up and thought "hey, these guys aren't as tough as we thought, I think we can beat them". The IS NOT not giving them credit, that is seeing their weaknesses and knowing this isn't the second coming of the Larry Bird led Celtics anymore than your first round and out Sixers were the second coming of Dr J.

I swear Minnie Me, my dead grandmother is a better prognosticator than you, and my 13 year old knows more about basketball than you. If it wasn't for his latest lunatic tirades, I would say you had crossed the threshold and are now your mentor's master but alas! he continues to demonstrate his intention to remain king of stupid on this board, but keep it up! I have confidence in you.
Dan

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »
Dan,

I am right far more often than not, as my swelling bank account shows.  That is the only place where my opinions matter.  On that basis I'd put my skills up there with anyone.  If you think you're so smart, try playing in my sandbox and see how long you stay solvent!

Basketball is for fun. The only people who should take it seriously are the players, coaches and front office personnel. Outside of the profession, only morons take it seriously (unless they are betting on the outcome and in that case are certifiable lunatics) and only complete idiots feel compelled to respond to every post and sling insults on a chat board.  But I'm not worried, you haven't disappointed me yet!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
Dan,

I am right far more often than not, as my swelling bank account shows.  That is the only place where my opinions matter.  On that basis I'd put my skills up there with anyone.  If you think you're so smart, try playing in my sandbox and see how long you stay solvent!

Basketball is for fun. The only people who should take it seriously are the players, coaches and front office personnel. Outside of the profession, only morons take it seriously (unless they are betting on the outcome and in that case are certifiable lunatics) and only complete idiots feel compelled to respond to every post and sling insults on a chat board.  But I'm not worried, you haven't disappointed me yet!

You missed the whole point Rick.  Everyone thought the Celtics would roll until they met up with the Pistons.  They Celtics dominated the entire season and steam rolled through the WC.  Almost everyone thought the ONLY real test for the Celtics would be the Pistons in the EC.  When the playoffs started the Celtics looke terrible, they were taken to 7 games by mediocre teams, while the Pistons looked solid except for one game against the Sixers.  So it pretty much looked like the Pistons were going to take out the still gelling Celtics.  It looked like the Pistons were going to take the series after 2 games do I don't see how you can criticize people for picking the Pistons. 

You have been mistaken about a lot of series, especially ANYTHING involving the Lakers.  IMO you still hold a grudge against the Lakers for destroying the Sixers in 2001.  The Lakers took the most decorated team in playoff history (MVP, COY, DPOY and Sixth man of the year) and made quick work of them.  To top it off the Lakers beat the Sixers on their home court 3 times in a row.  Total ownage of the Sixers by the Lakers and I think it still bothers you.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
Dan,

Your talking about investments and "your swelling bank account" tells me you're a little insecure, nothing more. As I approach retirement, my portfolio is where it needs to be but I don't go bragging about it because 1) I have nothing to prove financially to anyone on a basketball discussion board, 2) A basketball discussion board is the last place I would go to give or take financial advise, and 3) It's nobody's business but mine. I do just fine "in your sandbox" thank you very much. Pity you stink so bad in this sandbox, and if you think I will quit calling you out (like everyone else does) for your insipid basketball takes "in this sandbox", think again. The only one on this board that I only rarely call out is your master, because I don't think even he believes the idiotic things he says and he only says them to goad people, you actually BELIEVE what you say, how sad is that?

I come here to talk basketball, (and to jab WOW on his HORRIFIC spelling and grammar) not to listen to the financial blather of a moron who can't defend his basketball knowledge and must fall back on some "I'm richer than you so there!" schoolyard tactic as a way of making himself feel bigger than he is. I daresay your brag is probably a lie anyway and besides, if your basketball knowledge is any barometer by which one could gauge your knowledge about finances and investments, I think the only thing swelling in your life is your bruised ego at once again being so completely, irrevocably, WRONG. Believe me Minnie me, someone on an anonymous BBS talking like they're some financial genius speaks more to their ignorance than anything else, but you go right ahead, we've become rather accustomed to your tripe, makes us think of Lee from the old MSN days, every board needs a village idiot, we have 2!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:27:25 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
How much more credit do you want Boston to get?  I think they've got plenty in the regular season.  Even when they looked weak in the first 2 rounds people were still giving them their props.  To me this board is usually pretty good with how we all pick and give props.  The reason why they didn't get a lot of props on here in the playoffs is NO 66 win team with 3 all stars should be taken to 7 games with the Hawks .  If you believe that then you should also be a Dallas Mavs fan lol

Tho I do believe the Lakers/Celts match up is going to be awesome I think its the Celtics who are in for a rude awakening.  Every single one of the Lakers opponents in the playoffs were better teams then the Celtics faced.  The Lakers also won those series handily IMO. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »
Two words why Boston will lose:  Doc Rivers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »

What about: NBA Conspiracy?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »

I was saving that for those who live in the true realm of Reality.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »

I visit a few other boards and 100% of non-Laker or non-Celtic boards claim that the teams in the Finals is irrefutable (sic?) PROFF of an NBA conspiracy.  Ex-Celtic McHale sends KG to his old team for next to nothing.  Laker-4-Life Jerry West wielded his power, despite retiring in 2007, over the Grizz to send Gasol to the Lakers for nothing.  All part of Lord Stern's plan to boost the TV ratings.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »

irrefutable (sic?) PROFF
On the way over to Cousin Lurkers, have westkoasts Nanny stop and get you an irrefutable spell checker.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »

I visit a few other boards and 100% of non-Laker or non-Celtic boards claim that the teams in the Finals is irrefutable (sic?) PROFF of an NBA conspiracy.  Ex-Celtic McHale sends KG to his old team for next to nothing.  Laker-4-Life Jerry West wielded his power, despite retiring in 2007, over the Grizz to send Gasol to the Lakers for nothing.  All part of Lord Stern's plan to boost the TV ratings.

Usually those are people who don't try to think and dig a little deeper.  Honestly aside from the fact it would be a HUGE task to get all these people and teams on board for this conspiracy....

Think if Stern sent out a memo or word got out to the press about something like that?  The entire league would be ruined and would go under.  If someone even leaked an email of Stern saying he wants to see Lakers/Celtics I think people would give up on the sport altogether.  Stern is not a stupid person.  He knows something like that would ruin the entire league.