Author Topic: Phil Winters vs Pop head to head playoffs  (Read 6696 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phil Winters vs Pop head to head playoffs
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
WayOutWest
A player knowing more about the game than the coach!
prawk prawk Self-proclaimed-OWNED!

How'd that work out for Billy Russell?
owned.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:06:00 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
LOL

Comparing Karl Malone to Robert Horry??  .Manu to Kobe Bryant??  Are you serious Fantasy??

Duncan is a no brainer and I think Parker could be...thanks a lot in part to Greg Popavich

Double owned? I think so.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 07:08:36 PM »
I'm bored Twisty so I'll play along momentarily before hitting the twister shelter.

Comparing Kobe to Duncan?  Yes Kobe might be considered to be in the same vicinity as Duncan. Not as good but in same vicinity.

Bob Horry in the Hall the same as "No Rings" Malone?  It's a possibility B-Rad.  You are not on the voting committee.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »
So if you are comparing Duncan and Kobe where does that put Shaq?

Just because Karl doesn't have as many rings as Rob doesn't make him less of a player.  Is John Salley also better then Karl Malone?  Devean George? 

Difference?  Karl Malone is a top 50 player and a hall of fame player hands down.  Horry is a maybe at best.  This coming from a fan of his prior to you..ya know jumping on the bandwagon ;)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
Shaq left the Lakers. 

To me the discussion on Phil vs Pop morphed into was whether or not the Spurs also have 4 HOFs, not what order they are in the Hall.  Just because Bob Horry does not have as many per game stats as Malone doesn't mean he didn't impact more winning finals then Malone.  Kapische?

Your and my vote does not count, i wish it did.  On the Bob Horry HOF thread i believe you were the only other poster to support or semi support Bobs entry.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »
You mean you twisted what W.O.W asked you the first time so you can now skate out of what you were saying?  W.O.W asked not once but TWICE if you actually thought that Lakers team had more talent then the Spurs.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe the reason why Horry doesn't have as many per game stats because he wasn't as good as Karl Malone?  Since when did Robert Horry become one of the top 5 PFs of all time?!  Did I miss something?   Horry never had to lead his entire team in a game as a super star, every single night.  That's not dismissing what Horry brings to the table but you can't compare a top 50 player to a role player.   Horry went from a crappy player when he was on the Lakers according to you....wait I got it!!  As soon as he put the Spurs jersey on he became one of the greatest power forwards of all time.  That is what I must have missed.

I said a strong case could be made for Robert Horry but like I said he's a maybe at best.  There is just as solid of an argument that he shouldn't be in the hall of fame as there is he should be one.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 11:46:09 PM »
You mean you twisted what he skated said he what you were how skated thought actually said no you don't yes WoW asked said you what you were oh no said you were oh no skated said WoW twice three times said you TWICE asked said you no said skated oh no TWICE. 
Have some Riddalin.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe the reason why Horry doesn't have as many per game stats because he wasn't as good as Karl Malone?
  Yes.  Did you even think that maybe, just maybe the reason Karl Malone has never been on a winning team in the Finals is because he chokes in the final minute and Bob Horry shines?  Did you ever think that Horry has been on 7 Finals teams, having clutch moments in or on the playoff way to almost all of them?

Since when did Robert Horry become one of the top 5 PFs of all time?!  Did I miss something?
  Yes.  You apparantly missed about 7 finals and many other playoff games. 

Horry never had to lead his entire team in a game as a super star, every single night.

Karl Malone has never led, played a small, medium or itsy bitsy teenie tiny role in one Championship game for his team.  Ever.  Never. 

That's not dismissing what Horry brings to the table but you can't compare a top 50 player to a role player.

That's not dismissing what Malone brought to the table when he wasn't delivering cheapshots and losing in the playoffs.

Horry went from a crappy player when he was on the Lakers according to you.
Now B-Rad, you know what barefaced lieing does to you.

...wait I got it!!  As soon as he put the Spurs jersey on he became one of the greatest power forwards of all time.  That is what I must have missed.
  Just some great playoff moments.  Some of the greatest playoff moments from a PF/SF of all time.  I Tivoed it for you once my restraining order against you is lifted.

I said a strong case could be made for Robert Horry but like I said he's a maybe at best.  There is just as solid of an argument that he shouldn't be in the hall of fame as there is he should be one.
  Fair enough.  So we can't say he will or won't be in the Hall at this point.  Hence the Spurs may well end up having 4 HOFers on that 2004 team. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
In the past six years how many of those years was Horry on the Spurs?

You are so owned Reality.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »
So you believe having Bob Horry on his roster for the last 5 years hurt Pops chances?

Have some Riddalin.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »
So you believe having Bob Horry on his roster for the last 5 years hurt Pops chances?

Have some Riddalin.

I went year by year and told you which rosters were better than the Spurs but you twisty danced away.  I don't think anyone is stupid enough to believe the Spurs had a better roster than the Lakers in 2004.  Does it not make you think for one second when nobody, inlcuding Spurs fans, agree with you?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Have some Riddalin.

Im not the person having trouble focusing.  I think you need it more then I do.  There was a direct comparision between the Lakers squad and the Spurs squad then.  Now you want to twist the rules because you are obviously looking bad?

Yes.  Did you even think that maybe, just maybe the reason Karl Malone has never been on a winning team in the Finals is because he chokes in the final minute and Bob Horry shines?  Did you ever think that Horry has been on 7 Finals teams, having clutch moments in or on the playoff way to almost all of them?

Bob Horry has never had to play the role Karl Malone does.  Horry can and has choked in crunch time before.  The difference, once again, is he is not as special of a player as Karl Malone.  His impact wasn't the same so he could get away with it.  You only get your weak moments highlighted when you are a great player.

Since you were not a big Bob Horry fan you may have forgot the times for the Lakers when he couldn't hit shots.  Or how about one of the years he was on the Spurs and couldn't hit any shots?  Did you forget that as well?  Is this 'selective memory' thinking working out for you well?

Yes.  You apparantly missed about 7 finals and many other playoff games. 

Only a complete moron thinks Robert Horry is a top 5 Power Forward all time. 

Karl Malone has never led, played a small, medium or itsy bitsy teenie tiny role in one Championship game for his team.  Ever.  Never. 

Really?  Karl Malone didn't do anything in a finals game?  You know I said you needed Ritalin earlier?  I think you need ginkgo biloba.. Where were you in 1998?!?!  Was your brain MIA the entire year?  

Not even you could be this dumb....logically does it make sense that Karl Malone, as the #1 player on the Utah Jazz, had never played any role in a championship game when the Jazz went 6 games with the Bulls?

That's not dismissing what Malone brought to the table when he wasn't delivering cheapshots and losing in the playoffs.

This is getting easier and easier to OWN you as it goes on...

Hmm you are talking about cheap shots (something Horry has done) and losing in the playoffs (something Horry has done) as if this is exclusive to Karl Malone?  Again different roles.  Horry had gone entire series of shooting the ball poorly on the Lakers but the Lakers still advance because he was not expected to carry the team.  If you had always been a fan you would know that ;)

Now B-Rad, you know what barefaced lieing does to you.

Why don't you tell us Fantasy?  We all know you didn't give Horry props until he put on a uniform that wasn't purple and gold.

Just some great playoff moments.  Some of the greatest playoff moments from a PF/SF of all time.  I Tivoed it for you once my restraining order against you is lifted.

Irony at its finest.  You sit and think "hay I need to tivo this for westkoast, a guy I dont know"  And I am the one with the restraining order.  That's laughable.

I Fair enough.  So we can't say he will or won't be in the Hall at this point.  Hence the Spurs may well end up having 4 HOFers on that 2004 team. 

Back to the original point....

There is 1 for sure HOF on that team in Duncan.  Parker I think can make it if he continues to play well.  Oh btw...Popavich is such a crappy coach, except when he helps a player that is apart of your HOF argument right?   If Parker gets into the HOF you can thank in large part to Popavich's coaching of the young Frenchie (yes this is the part where you are OWNED once again about Pop.)  Manu I don't think gets into the Hall of Fame and Horry is a *MAYBE*.  So that leaves 1 for sure, one most likely, one no, and one maybe....Lets look at that Laker team

Karl Malone - HOF
Gary Payton - HOF
Kobe Bryant - HOF
Shaq O'Neal - HOF

4 hands down, 100%, for sure Hall of Fame players vs 1 hands down, 100% for sure Hall of Fame player, one most likely, one NO, and one MAYBE.  Hmmm....

This might be the worst ownage of Reality in a thread.  This is NAPALM.  Although I can't take all the credit.  He did say that Robert Horry is better then Karl Malone on his own LOL  W.O.W do you want to send the royalty checks to me now?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:48:45 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »

Have some Riddalin.

I went year by year and told you which rosters were better than the Spurs but you twisty danced away.  I don't think anyone is stupid enough to believe the Spurs had a better roster than the Lakers in 2004.  Does it not make you think for one second when nobody, inlcuding Spurs fans, agree with you?
Okay looks like the Riddalin is finally kicking in.  I can picture you and westkoast bellying up to the bar and ordering a couple of Rid shots.

Since the 4 Hall of Flamers were sooo much better, how did they go down 2-0 in a couple double digit butt kickings at that?  Mnn Hmmn.

Why was it an adjustment, and nothing else at that, that turned it around to 4-0?  That's right, coaching.  An adjustment by Phil in listening to Gary Payton, and the subsequent non adjustment by Poppycock.

owned.

Likewise in 08, if you think, well make that since you think it was rrrrrrrraaaaaagh all great Laker play and no chokage on the part of the Spurs, you may not be open to a roster discussion in 08.  Oh wait, you already posted elsewhere it was chokage by the Spurs.  Coaching chokage?  Mnn Hmmn.

As the only RealSpur on board it does not make me feel any smarter that no biSpursLakers have commented.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »

Have some Riddalin.

Okay looks like the Riddalin is finally kicking in.  I can picture you and westkoast bellying up to the bar and ordering a couple of Rid shots.

Since the 4 Hall of Flamers were sooo much better, how did they go down 2-0 in a couple double digit butt kickings at that?  Mnn Hmmn.

Why was it an adjustment, and nothing else at that, that turned it around to 4-0?  That's right, coaching.  An adjustment by Phil in listening to Gary Payton, and the subsequent non adjustment by Poppycock.

owned.

Likewise in 08, if you think, well make that since you think it was rrrrrrrraaaaaagh all great Laker play and no chokage on the part of the Spurs, you may not be open to a roster discussion in 08.  Oh wait, you already posted elsewhere it was chokage by the Spurs.  Coaching chokage?  Mnn Hmmn.

As the only RealSpur on board it does not make me feel any smarter that no biSpursLakers have commented.

Blind!  What about all the other years?  Nobody is saying better TEAM since you are the one made the statement about ROSTER.  A better team, like the Spurs, beat a better rosters like the Suns this year and last year.  So what about the past six years you asked about?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »
Blind!  What about all the other years?  Nobody is saying better TEAM since you are the one made the statement about ROSTER.  A better team, like the Spurs, beat a better rosters like the Suns this year and last year.  So what about the past six years you asked about?
What about them?  Do you want to discuss them or just proclaim that the Spurs did not have a better roster?

2006 the Spurs were handed Michael Finley in the free agent sweepstakes.  Instead of using him properly, Poppycock abandons 2005 title winning TallBall and goes with smallballs losing strategy vs Dallas.  Findawg defending Dirk.  Yeah that was smart.  What team had a better roster then the 2006 Spurs?  Phx?  Please.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »

What about them?  Do you want to discuss them or just proclaim that the Spurs did not have a better roster?

Of course I want to discuss them, why would I make that post otherwise?  You are the one that just wants to make proclamations and end the discussion right there, most everyone else wants to discuss points/posts here on this DISCUSSION board.

2006 the Spurs were handed Michael Finley in the free agent sweepstakes.  Instead of using him properly, Poppycock abandons 2005 title winning TallBall and goes with smallballs losing strategy vs Dallas.  Findawg defending Dirk.  Yeah that was smart.  What team had a better roster then the 2006 Spurs?  Phx?  Please.

Nash, Amare, Marion and Bell was a great starting lineup plus Barbosa and Diaw comming off the bench.  They were more talented and deeper.

But go ahead and just proclaim they are not.  I think I'm done here since proclaimations have been made.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"