Author Topic: Tickets to Spurs Lakers wanted  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Tickets to Spurs Lakers wanted
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
cmon people, we all know someone who knows someone.

WoW I'm doing all i can to get Staples tickets at least somewhere in the stratosphere of face.  I'm going for seperate seats if it's me and you tho. 
If i get three you and westkoast can sit together.

Everyone else, can you pull any strings?
Anyone up for a flight to San Antonio.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tickets to Spurs Lakers wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
Too bad you didn't ask on Monday because I saw something on Craigslist where the guy had 4 tickets to Game 1 in 218 going for like 400 bucks (super good deal).

I seen quality seats for this series going uptowards 400-500 bucks around. 

IMO Stubhub is the place to go.  That's what I'll be using if I decide to get tickets to this round.  Worked well for 2 games against Utah so I'll stick with that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:49 AM »
Too bad you didn't ask on Monday because I saw something on Craigslist where the guy had 4 tickets to Game 1 in 218 going for like 400 bucks (super good deal).

IMO Stubhub is the place to go.  That's what I'll be using if I decide to get tickets to this round.  Worked well for 2 games against Utah so I'll stick with that.

Stubhub was good in the past but brokers are dominating that venue now.  The Ticket Exchange seems to be better.  If you goto Ticketmast then figure out how to get to the ticket exchange you have much better luck.

Westkoast, was that 400 bucks per seat or for all four tickets?  If it was for all 4 tickets you need to go drown yourself for not jumping on it.  I am up for paying 100 bucks for a 200 section range ticket.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the effort westkoast but I'm not doing 4 bills per seat.

My angle for instance is I am currently rubbing shoulders with some box holders.  Just hoping some of the seats will open up.  That and they will not find out until gametime who i am rooting for.  :D :D  Can't wait to say "oh, you thought i was rooting for the Lakers" ;) :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »

Stubhub was good in the past but brokers are dominating that venue now.  The Ticket Exchange seems to be better.  If you goto Ticketmast then figure out how to get to the ticket exchange you have much better luck.

Westkoast, was that 400 bucks per seat or for all four tickets?  If it was for all 4 tickets you need to go drown yourself for not jumping on it.  I am up for paying 100 bucks for a 200 section range ticket.

400 bucks for all 4 seats.  Only reason I didn't jump on it is because I was actually suppose to be in PHX today but plans changed late yesterday afternoon.  Of course now that I am in Long Beach right now I am kicking myself for not doing it.

One ticket in a similar area was fetching 300 bucks a pop.  I believe when I went to game 5 of Utah/Lakers tickets in that same spot were 200 a piece.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »
Thanks for the effort westkoast but I'm not doing 4 bills per seat.

My angle for instance is I am currently rubbing shoulders with some box holders.  Just hoping some of the seats will open up.  That and they will not find out until gametime who i am rooting for.  :D :D  Can't wait to say "oh, you thought i was rooting for the Lakers" ;) :D

It was 100 per seat for 4....awesome deal because that is even cheaper then tickets in that area for the last round.

If you want to see this series you are going to have to fork over some money.  Even face value in the WCF is not cheap for decent seats.  Laker fever in LA is as high as it was in 2001-2002 so getting tickets at face value requires a big favor from someone with connections.

W.O.W I checked out ticket exchange for game 1 of the Lakers/Jazz and it was more expensive then the tickets I bought on Stubhub.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
400 bucks for all 4 seats.  Only reason I didn't jump on it is because I was actually suppose to be in PHX today but plans changed late yesterday afternoon.  Of course now that I am in Long Beach right now I am kicking myself for not doing it.

One ticket in a similar area was fetching 300 bucks a pop.  I believe when I went to game 5 of Utah/Lakers tickets in that same spot were 200 a piece.
WoW please give me westkoasts address so i can have my people kick his arse.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40:06 AM »
westkoast's passport to Laker Nation has been suspended until further notice!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM »
1 seat left for game 3 at the AT&T is 79.00 at stubhub...the rest in the nose bleed are 105.00 atleast and goes up from there..some close to 200.00...

IF we make it to the finals I might splurge...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
1 seat left for game 3 at the AT&T is 79.00 at stubhub...the rest in the nose bleed are 105.00 atleast and goes up from there..some close to 200.00...

IF we make it to the finals I might splurge...

Why would you not jump on that one seat?

Nosebleeds at Staples start at 120 a pop.  Lower level seats are in the 230+ range per ticket.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »
westkoast's passport to Laker Nation has been suspended until further notice!  >:(

LOL...was I suppose to quit my job to go?  How do you afford to eat and drink at Staples with no job?

On top of that getting tickets from craigslist seems fishy to me because it's not safe guarded.  Whos to say they weren't able to create a look alike of the ticket master print out?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »
Agreed that craiglist is sketchy.  $100/seat is too good to be true, that's close to the face on the 218 tix if not below it.  I doubt that was legit. 

I checked on StubHub during the Utah series for one of the games and prices were $150 in the 300 level, $275 in the 200 and north of $500 when you start talking 100 level.  It almost makes me want to sell my tix for tonights game .... almost    ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »
Agreed that craiglist is sketchy.  $100/seat is too good to be true, that's close to the face on the 218 tix if not below it.  I doubt that was legit. 

I checked on StubHub during the Utah series for one of the games and prices were $150 in the 300 level, $275 in the 200 and north of $500 when you start talking 100 level.  It almost makes me want to sell my tix for tonights game .... almost    ;)

I paid 65 a piece for 4 tickets in the 300s for Game 1 in Utah on Stubhub.  I think when the company bought tickets for me to game 5 in section 200s they paid 175 a piece on Stubhub.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
It's still a good view in the ATT.  I just would rather wait and see if we can make it to a finals again, I have not been to the finals and would rather wait.  If we make it - cool, if not, oh well.  I enjoy being at a local bar with a projector screen to watch the games, it's packed, everyone screams and cheers, it's a cool atmosphere when the whole town gets into the playoffs.  I heard some of my coworkers ran to the supermarket during game 7 and were surprised at how empty the store was...one worker was luaghing because one of her neighbors, after winning game seven, actually came out of their home to honk the car horn.... ::) ::) ::)  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
It's still a good view in the ATT.  I just would rather wait and see if we can make it to a finals again, I have not been to the finals and would rather wait.  If we make it - cool, if not, oh well.  I enjoy being at a local bar with a projector screen to watch the games, it's packed, everyone screams and cheers, it's a cool atmosphere when the whole town gets into the playoffs.  I heard some of my coworkers ran to the supermarket during game 7 and were surprised at how empty the store was...one worker was luaghing because one of her neighbors, after winning game seven, actually came out of their home to honk the car horn.... ::) ::) ::)  

I much rather hear 'yeeehaws' and dinner bells then gun shots lol

Personally I am in the same boat you are.  I want to see them play the Spurs but at the same time I really want to be able to go to a finals game.  Who knows how this series is going to play out so it's tough to say.  After going to a few playoff games I am really hooked.  You just can't re-create that energy anywhere.