Author Topic: Can a ref poke a coach in the chest?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Can a ref poke a coach in the chest?
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHO WON OR LOST

If a player or coach bumps a ref it is grounds for ejection and/or suspension.  However last night Joey Crawford poked Pop in the chest repeatedly until Pop brushed his hand away.  If Pop would have done this to Crawford he would have been ejected.  Can a ref be ejected?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can a ref poke a coach in the chest?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »
You know I saw that.  It was actually comical.  Pop is hilarious when he is steaming angry.  In answer to the question, I don't know, but I had the same thought about why is it the refs can poke coaches like that.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »
Did you guys see that death stare Pop gave Joey Crawford ??   I was laughing so hard on that whole sequence.  Watching it in HD almost made me FEEL the daggers.

I think his exact words were 'No, you're wrong Joe.  You're wrong' and that seemed to set it off.   If the league doesn't suspend him I think that they need to keep him from calling games involving the Spurs with out doing a press release about it.  There is just too much animosity between Joey Crawford and Pop/Duncan for them to continue to let him ref those games.  He's a good ref but I feel he has too big of an ego.  Is it just me?  Or does he strike anyone else as someone who thinks he is bigger then the players?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
Is that the same ref who ejected TD for laughing?  The guy should NOT be allowed to ref any games involving the Spurs after serving a 3 game suspension for poking Pop.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »
yep, that was Crawford...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »
I am so sick of Stu Jackson and the NBA front office. 

"Split decision : The NBA?s basketball operations department on Wednesday reviewed the double delay of game call made by referee Joey Crawford that so incensed Spurs coach Gregg Popovich in Tuesday?s Game 5 of the Spurs-Hornets Western Conference semifinal series at New Orleans Arena.

The result: A split decision.

Popovich received a technical foul from Crawford after arguing the validity of the call, made with 10.5 seconds left in the first quarter of the Hornets? 101-79 victory.

An NBA spokesperson said executive vice-president for basketball operations Stu Jackson confirmed that Popovich?s interpretation of the rule about foul line access was correct, but that Crawford was within his rights to make a judgment call that players from both teams had contributed to the delay of the game. "

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:23 PM »

"Split decision : The NBA?s basketball operations department on Wednesday reviewed the double delay of game call made by referee Joey Crawford that so incensed Spurs coach Gregg Popovich in Tuesday?s Game 5 of the Spurs-Hornets Western Conference semifinal series at New Orleans Arena.

Popovich received a technical foul from Crawford after arguing the validity of the call, made with 10.5 seconds left in the first quarter of the Hornets? 101-79 victory.

An NBA spokesperson said executive vice-president for basketball operations Stu Jackson confirmed that Popovich?s interpretation of the rule about foul line access was correct, but that Crawford was within his rights to make a judgment call that players from both teams had contributed to the delay of the game. "

What about the poke?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

What about the poke?

Exactly why I am sick of Stu Jackson and the front office.  I don't give a crap who was right.  I want to know why they continue to let Joey Crawford act like he is bigger then the players and coaches. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

What about the poke?

Exactly why I am sick of Stu Jackson and the front office.  I don't give a crap who was right.  I want to know why they continue to let Joey Crawford act like he is bigger then the players and coaches. 

Because he is one of the best at fixing games.    :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »

What about the poke?

Because he is one of the best at fixing games.    :D

If that is the case then Mitch needs to get on the phone and get Mr. Crawford to Utah asap, first class ticket!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"