Author Topic: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.  (Read 11799 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 12:17:37 PM »
You want to be pissed about that play, be pissed at Walton for being a pussy and not throwing down a two-handed dunk.

Awesome play by Price.

Ditto

I'm wonderin' where JazzMal is right about now to talk about his Sacramento boy Ronnie Price' impact.

I think it was the fact that the next play on the other end of the court resulted in a ticky tack foul.

Further confirming that officiating remains the NBA's biggest and most egregious shortcoming.  I don't think there is an athletic, professional endeavor where the officiating is so bad (maybe boxing?).  An NBA fan should never find himself having to say this . . .

Randy -- "I expect the refs to continue to call the game based on home court and that means that the Jazz lose in game 5."

Sad.

Always have liked Ronnie Price. Tough kid. Him bouncing back after getting decked was to be expected, but the block on Walton was classic Price. It is easy to underestimate how high he can jump, being only 6'2".

As for the flagrant on Turief, I don't know, but for some reason, I got the impression he got tossed for saying too much after the foul. However, if your foul results in blood and four stitches on the opponent, then being tossed out might be expected as well.

If it had been Kobe, of course, instead of Turief, who committed the foul, the more likely outcome would have been that Price would have been tossed out of the game for bleeding on those expensive Kobe endorsed sneakers. Such is life in the NBA for players named Turief.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
LaQueer's whining about the officiating and missed free throws!!!    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D

Believe me, once the teams return to Staples, all will be back to the calls all going the LaQueer way once again. A little home cooking won't change the fact that balanced officiating is never an option in NBA playoff basketball. Just look at how severely the Spurts have been constantly robbed while playing those dirty thugs, the Hornets.

What will happen once the LaQueers and Spurts play in the conference final. I shudder to think. The NBA will have to allow either the Jazz or the Hornets to advance simply so they will have a clearcut team on which to provide complete bias against. If both the LaQueers and Spurts advance, we will be seeing some really weird officiating, where NO call, or non-call, will be acceptible to the LaQueer or Spurt posters around here.

Nope, nope, nope. Either the Hornets or Jazz will HAVE to advance to ensure at least one clearly insignificant opponent will play in the conference finals series so the refs can whistle while they work the games.

Wow, Jo-Jazz-Reali-Mal has really become bitter since his Kings went downhill...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »
You want to be pissed about that play, be pissed at Walton for being a pussy and not throwing down a two-handed dunk.

Awesome play by Price.

Ditto

I'm wonderin' where JazzMal is right about now to talk about his Sacramento boy Ronnie Price' impact.

I think it was the fact that the next play on the other end of the court resulted in a ticky tack foul.

Further confirming that officiating remains the NBA's biggest and most egregious shortcoming.  I don't think there is an athletic, professional endeavor where the officiating is so bad (maybe boxing?).  An NBA fan should never find himself having to say this . . .

Randy -- "I expect the refs to continue to call the game based on home court and that means that the Jazz lose in game 5."

Sad.

Always have liked Ronnie Price. Tough kid. Him bouncing back after getting decked was to be expected, but the block on Walton was classic Price. It is easy to underestimate how high he can jump, being only 6'2".

As for the flagrant on Turief, I don't know, but for some reason, I got the impression he got tossed for saying too much after the foul. However, if your foul results in blood and four stitches on the opponent, then being tossed out might be expected as well.

If it had been Kobe, of course, instead of Turief, who committed the foul, the more likely outcome would have been that Price would have been tossed out of the game for bleeding on those expensive Kobe endorsed sneakers. Such is life in the NBA for players named Turief.

Were we watching the same game?  He never said anything after the foul  ??? He raised his hand, shrugged his shoulders, and was waiting for the FTs to take place.   In fact Price walked up to him, he shook his hand, and said I didn't mean to hurt you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:24:46 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »
That aside, LA's freethrow shooting was embarrassing, especially Odom missing 4 straight is inexcusable.

Props Jazz fans see you in LA.

I think everyone on the Lakers should get bashed on the head ala Walton for their performance at the FT line.  That made all the difference in the game.  Hope Kobe heals up quick cause the other Lakers are looking shakey.

FYI: Kobe did not disappear for BOTH road games like some other player.  That's why Kobe is tier 1 and the "other" player is tier 3. 

Props to the Jazz, if Harpring was on the Lakers I'd cheer the guy, right now his antics are getting the best of the Lakers and it's pissing me off.  I really like the Walton/Matt matchup but right now Matt is winning that one.

I wonder if Boozer will show up in L.A., this could turn into a long grind, much like the other WC series.  I guess the first round threw me off, looks like the WC playoffs are shaping up into what everyone was expecting.

The "other" player played like crap in his first home game as well, so I suspect he is getting worn down by the defense being played against him. Unlike your 'tier 1' player, this "other" player gets support from his supporting cast about once every five games. YOUR 'tier 1' guy gets a bit more help most of the time.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 12:28:19 PM »
Actually, I think that the Spurs/Hornets series has been pretty balanced on fouls.  I think there's been one game where both teams have been treated with a little more preference (not by much) but overall it's been pretty fair.  Not like what has happened in LA and Utah.  These games have been WAY out of balance.  Yesterday the Jazz had a 20 freethrow advantage -- it wasn't quite that bad in LA but it was like 16 or 17.  How about calling it the same way in game #5 and let the best team win.  It's an interesting concept!

I think PJ should have the Lakers run 5 laps for every freethrow missed -- that means that Odom has to run 25 laps, Kobe has to run 20 and Walton and Gasol have to run 5.  It's ridiculous for the Lakers to be 56% from the free throw line.  It's not like Shaq is still playing for the Lakers!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
That aside, LA's freethrow shooting was embarrassing, especially Odom missing 4 straight is inexcusable.

Props Jazz fans see you in LA.

I think everyone on the Lakers should get bashed on the head ala Walton for their performance at the FT line.  That made all the difference in the game.  Hope Kobe heals up quick cause the other Lakers are looking shakey.

FYI: Kobe did not disappear for BOTH road games like some other player.  That's why Kobe is tier 1 and the "other" player is tier 3. 

Props to the Jazz, if Harpring was on the Lakers I'd cheer the guy, right now his antics are getting the best of the Lakers and it's pissing me off.  I really like the Walton/Matt matchup but right now Matt is winning that one.

I wonder if Boozer will show up in L.A., this could turn into a long grind, much like the other WC series.  I guess the first round threw me off, looks like the WC playoffs are shaping up into what everyone was expecting.

The "other" player played like crap in his first home game as well, so I suspect he is getting worn down by the defense being played against him. Unlike your 'tier 1' player, this "other" player gets support from his supporting cast about once every five games. YOUR 'tier 1' guy gets a bit more help most of the time.

This is hilarious -- Manu only gets help from TD, Parker, Bowen and crew about once in every five games?  Manu isn't even the FIRST option for the Spurs!  Jumping bandwagons has shook up your brains -- there is no other way to explain that post.  That's just tooo funny!  The Spurs lose if TD gets injured -- they can't win without him -- same thing with the Lakers without Kobe -- the Spurs CAN win without Manu.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »

LOL!  I guess Tim DUNCAN and Tony Parker don't provide the same level of support as Gasol and Odom.  LMFAO@U.

Stick to the Jazz.  ::)  This big boy talk is getting you confused.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »

I guess in Sacramento Pau Gasol > Tim Duncan.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »

Were we watching the same game?  He never said anything after the foul  ??? He raised his hand, shrugged his shoulders, and was waiting for the FTs to take place.   In fact Price walked up to him, he shook his hand, and said I didn't mean to hurt you.

Well, then, let's go back to the foul causing spilt blood and four stitches as the reason he was tossed.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 01:00:49 PM »
Actually, by the "other" player, I thought you were talking about LeBron. Why on earth would I or any other rational person on earth think it important enough to think it was Manu?   ???   ???   ???

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

Well, then, let's go back to the foul causing spilt blood and four stitches as the reason he was tossed.

They tossed him before they realized he was cut and bleeding.  Had more to do with the whistle being blown and him fouling him after the play ended then anything.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »
LaQueer's whining about the officiating and missed free throws!!!    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D

Believe me, once the teams return to Staples, all will be back to the calls all going the LaQueer way once again. A little home cooking won't change the fact that balanced officiating is never an option in NBA playoff basketball. Just look at how severely the Spurts have been constantly robbed while playing those dirty thugs, the Hornets.

What will happen once the LaQueers and Spurts play in the conference final. I shudder to think. The NBA will have to allow either the Jazz or the Hornets to advance simply so they will have a clearcut team on which to provide complete bias against. If both the LaQueers and Spurts advance, we will be seeing some really weird officiating, where NO call, or non-call, will be acceptible to the LaQueer or Spurt posters around here.

Nope, nope, nope. Either the Hornets or Jazz will HAVE to advance to ensure at least one clearly insignificant opponent will play in the conference finals series so the refs can whistle while they work the games.

Wow, Jo-Jazz-Reali-Mal has really become bitter since his Kings went downhill...

Nothing has changed in my opinions, but it certainly has been fun turning the tables on the Spurt and LaQueer fans who can ONLY come back at me about being bitter about the Kings' downhill slide. That is truly hilarious     :D   :D   :D

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »

They tossed him before they realized he was cut and bleeding.  Had more to do with the whistle being blown and him fouling him after the play ended then anything.

Price hid the blood and cut from the officials to protect Turief??????

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »

So true  :D

Thank goodness the league needs a Celtics vs. Lakers finals ... I can't wait for June!  Hip hip hooray for Sternfish!  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »

Nothing has changed in my opinions, but it certainly has been fun turning the tables on the Spurt and LaQueer fans who can ONLY come back at me about being bitter about the Kings' downhill slide. That is truly hilarious     :D   :D   :D

Truly hilarious and Truly TRUE