Author Topic: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
No way that was a flagrant, 1 or otherwise, Turiaf was clearly playing the ball, or at least just hacking his arm, and midair body contact was not that bad and no way intentional. TERRIBLE CALL!

And TERRIBLE NO CALL on Walton's breakaway, Price bopped him in the head and EVERY REPLAY SHOWED IT!!! You can see his arm hit his head pitching it forward BEFORE he released the ball, and that IDIOT Hubie Brown lauds his superlative defensive hustle, what a joke!

That aside, LA's freethrow shooting was embarrassing, especially Odom missing 4 straight is inexcusable.

Props Jazz fans see you in LA.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 12:24:52 AM »
That aside, LA's freethrow shooting was embarrassing, especially Odom missing 4 straight is inexcusable.

Props Jazz fans see you in LA.

I think everyone on the Lakers should get bashed on the head ala Walton for their performance at the FT line.  That made all the difference in the game.  Hope Kobe heals up quick cause the other Lakers are looking shakey.

FYI: Kobe did not disappear for BOTH road games like some other player.  That's why Kobe is tier 1 and the "other" player is tier 3. 

Props to the Jazz, if Harpring was on the Lakers I'd cheer the guy, right now his antics are getting the best of the Lakers and it's pissing me off.  I really like the Walton/Matt matchup but right now Matt is winning that one.

I wonder if Boozer will show up in L.A., this could turn into a long grind, much like the other WC series.  I guess the first round threw me off, looks like the WC playoffs are shaping up into what everyone was expecting.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:29:57 AM »
It must have been the fact that it was after the whistle. Otherwise I'd say it's a flagrant 1, no more.

That was probably it, it was not that hard a foul IMO, it just happened the Jazz player was very high up in the air and he had a lot of momentum.  But I guess the post-wistle portion of it made it a lot worse.  Does flagrant II mean automatic suspension for the next game?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:41 AM »
Besides after-the-whistle, Price' forehead gushing blood didn't help Ronnie's case.

Can't believe the Jazz lucked a victory out of a much deserved loss. 

Stay home on Fisher!

Stay home on Fisher! 

Stay HOME ON FISHER!

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!!!!

For the love of God

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!!!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
Besides after-the-whistle, Price' forehead gushing blood didn't help Ronnie's case.

Can't believe the Jazz lucked a victory out of a much deserved loss. 

Stay home on Fisher!

Stay home on Fisher! 

Stay HOME ON FISHER!

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!!!!

For the love of God

STAY HOME ON FISHER!!!!

Touche' Skander, ha made it a game all by himself, he's alway been like that, like how I hate it when you see Finley or Bowen in the corner for the Spurs all alone, I LOVE it when I see Fisher in the same spot.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »
....I hate it when you see Finley or Bowen in the corner for the Spurs all alone, I LOVE it when I see Fisher in the same spot.

Exactly!  Mee too, why is that?  ;)

Despite all the rose colored calls against the Lakers they have no one to blame but themselves and the moving basket when they shot FT's.  Kings curse.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »
....I hate it when you see Finley or Bowen in the corner for the Spurs all alone, I LOVE it when I see Fisher in the same spot.

Exactly!  Mee too, why is that?  ;)

Despite all the rose colored calls against the Lakers they have no one to blame but themselves and the moving basket when they shot FT's.  Kings curse.

Exactly.  While I think the Jazz got some home cooking yesterday it is expected and not the reason for the loss.  The FT line was and lack of ball movement.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
You are the only one who would even put Manu on the same level as Kobe Bryant -- if it had been TD instead of Manu hurt, the series would already be over in SA. 
Really?  I thought injuries don't matter, if a player is on the court he is able to play.  This according to you Laker posters.  See above quotes and many more. 

Your trying to twist this into a "is Manu as good as Kobe?" thread.   

Just checked the box scores again, did not realize the Laker big 3 had such a good game, Utah just had a better one.  Kobe's worse game this series is better than the best from the choker in the other series.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 09:14:44 AM »
I expected some home cooking but I didn't expect it to be that obvious -- however, the bottom line is that if the Lakers make a mere 70% of their free throws, the game never goes to overtime.  Heck, if Kobe would have made 70% of his free throws, the game goes to the Lakers.

I expect the refs to continue to call the game based on home court and that means that the Jazz lose in game 5.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
Re: Price's block on Walton.

Sorry guys, but that was priceless. You have Walton, a 6'8" forward going up with some weak-ass layup when he's all alone and he let's a 6-foot nothing guy totally roof him from behind . . . no way refs are going to give you that call. And Price does deserve props for his hustle. He caught up with a taller guy gave him a Spalding burger from above.

You want to be pissed about that play, be pissed at Walton for being a pussy and not throwing down a two-handed dunk.

Awesome play by Price.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »
Re: Price's block on Walton.

Sorry guys, but that was priceless. You have Walton, a 6'8" forward going up with some weak-ass layup when he's all alone and he let's a 6-foot nothing guy totally roof him from behind . . . no way refs are going to give you that call. And Price does deserve props for his hustle. He caught up with a taller guy gave him a Spalding burger from above.

You want to be pissed about that play, be pissed at Walton for being a pussy and not throwing down a two-handed dunk.

Awesome play by Price.

Walton def should have dunked it but I don't think that was the reason people were upset.  I think it was the fact that the next play on the other end of the court resulted in a ticky tack foul.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »

Awesome play by Price.

Ditto

I'm wonderin' where JazzMal is right about now to talk about his Sacramento boy Ronnie Price' impact.

I think it was the fact that the next play on the other end of the court resulted in a ticky tack foul.

Further confirming that officiating remains the NBA's biggest and most egregious shortcoming.  I don't think there is an athletic, professional endeavor where the officiating is so bad (maybe boxing?).  An NBA fan should never find himself having to say this . . .

Randy -- "I expect the refs to continue to call the game based on home court and that means that the Jazz lose in game 5."

Sad.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

Awesome play by Price.

Ditto

I'm wonderin' where JazzMal is right about now to talk about his Sacramento boy Ronnie Price' impact.

I think it was the fact that the next play on the other end of the court resulted in a ticky tack foul.

Further confirming that officiating remains the NBA's biggest and most egregious shortcoming.  I don't think there is an athletic, professional endeavor where the officiating is so bad (maybe boxing?).  An NBA fan should never find himself having to say this . . .

Randy -- "I expect the refs to continue to call the game based on home court and that means that the Jazz lose in game 5."

Sad.

The part that I am upset about is not the fact that each team has benefited by a noticeable margin at home.  Sadly that is how it goes in the NBA.  My problem  is the fact that it is not consistent.  Are the refs going to let physical play slide or not?  Why is a foul in LA not the same as it is in Utah?  And vice versa?

The Luke Walton/Matt Harpring match up is one that clearly shows what is wrong.  One play Matt will be able to push Walton all the way off the block with no whistle.  3-4 plays later it's a foul.  I don't blame Matt for being like "WTF"  Luke Walton goes up for a rebound and a jazz player goes over his back, no call.  Two plays later Walton goes over the back of a Jazz player in the same way, foul.  I don't blame Luke for being like "WTF".  To me it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to when they blow whistles sometimes on both sides.  It really has screwed with the flow of the game IMO.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:13:40 AM by westkoast »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
Props to the Jazz for another big win, see you in LA.  I'm thinking about scalping or stub hubbing for game 5.  

Regardless of the crazy officiating all game, the Lakers didn't deserve to win.  Make your friggin' free throws!  I expect the Jazz to get the benefit of the doubt on calls at home and visa versa.  It's on the players to adjust to that.  

The foul on Ronny was bogus.  Regardless if the the whistle was blown prior or not, Price took it strong to the hoop and Ronny went for the ball and his arms.  It was a tough foul, but an even tougher landing which made it look worse than it was.  I thought sure the refs would give him a flagrant 1, which still would have been bs IMO.  But to kick him out was absurd.  

Walton play was a foul.   And while I agree with Ted about Walton jamming it down.  A foul is a foul and while Price's right palm got all ball, his left hand was on Lukes shoulder/back and his right forearm clearly clanked Walton across the back of the head.  It was a foul and perfectly black and white.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
LaQueer's whining about the officiating and missed free throws!!!    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D

Believe me, once the teams return to Staples, all will be back to the calls all going the LaQueer way once again. A little home cooking won't change the fact that balanced officiating is never an option in NBA playoff basketball. Just look at how severely the Spurts have been constantly robbed while playing those dirty thugs, the Hornets.

What will happen once the LaQueers and Spurts play in the conference final. I shudder to think. The NBA will have to allow either the Jazz or the Hornets to advance simply so they will have a clearcut team on which to provide complete bias against. If both the LaQueers and Spurts advance, we will be seeing some really weird officiating, where NO call, or non-call, will be acceptible to the LaQueer or Spurt posters around here.

Nope, nope, nope. Either the Hornets or Jazz will HAVE to advance to ensure at least one clearly insignificant opponent will play in the conference finals series so the refs can whistle while they work the games.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."